August 22, 2018, 05:16:53 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 357028 times)

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1520 on: December 29, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »
It's my last day with all my grade 3 boys at my main school. They are coming up to me to tell me that they are very sad that it is their last time with me, that they enjoy having me as a teacher, and want to keep having my lessons.
It's really nice to hear them say that. :)

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1521 on: December 29, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
Late for my meeting this morning.

Guy I am meeting with is even later.

:)

Offline chrislis90

• Adventurer
« Reply #1522 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »
With winter camp starting on Monday, I was getting worried that the stuff I requested wouldn't arrive on time (the school ordered, so everything has been quite slow) but it arrived today! Finishing earlier today also after the teacher lunch and I have tomorrow off for a nice 3 day weekend.

donovan

« Reply #1523 on: December 29, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »
Late for my meeting this morning.

Guy I am meeting with is even later.

:)

Make sure you passive-aggressively, indirectly-yet-clearly make it known to him how inconvenienced his tardiness made you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:07:35 AM by donovan »

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1524 on: December 29, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »
Last post of the day because we were all told we can go home early. I'm going to celebrate by taking a nap as soon as I get home. c:

Have a good weekend, everyone, and good luck with your camps!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1525 on: December 29, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
So earlier I was doing as we do here on waygook.org, venting and ranting in the venting and ranting thread, I complained that even after closing ceremony and a half day yesterday at my main school I still had to come and teach for two more days at my second school.

well, CT just told me to take tomorrow off, as it's this school's 방학식, so I don't need to come in ~

Hallelujah! It's now time to go eat some grilled pork belly and boiling hot spicy soups as well as drink guilt free soju and beer 'cause I can blissfully sleep for 10 straight hours!

Happy New Year y'all!  8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:30:12 PM by DMZabductee »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1526 on: December 29, 2016, 04:17:04 PM »
Fried chicken again this afternoon. Fortunately supplemented with tangerines aplenty. I guess the parents want to fatten us up this year. I don't recall so much fried chicken last year, hahah

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1527 on: December 29, 2016, 04:40:41 PM »
I knock off at 12 (camp) and after a quick snack and some coffee, I'm in the gym by 1, instead of 6. Much fewer people in the gym at 1, and the manager doesn't arrive till 5, so the weight area is nearly empty and I can happily max out and drop my deadlifts without a single complaint.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1528 on: December 29, 2016, 07:57:50 PM »
Received a package sooner than expected. Knocked me from my nap early but now I can toast a poptart and eat it on my way to the movies. c:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1529 on: December 29, 2016, 09:04:34 PM »
Received a package sooner than expected. Knocked me from my nap early but now I can toast a poptart and eat it on my way to the movies. c:

Omg. Coupang has hella pop tart selection. I know what's going on my next order...

https://www.coupang.com/np/search?component=&q=pop+tart&channel=user

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1530 on: December 29, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »

Omg. Coupang has hella pop tart selection. I know what's going on my next order...

Right? It was like realizing that Santa is real.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1531 on: December 30, 2016, 08:32:28 AM »
Bless her heart my coteacher is being really nice today, which makes me especially happy because the last two days were kind of tense with her and it was making me anxious about camp.

First she tried really hard to let me take off the rest of the day like the other teachers to go to the big school lunch without using up another of my vacation days or without me needing to go back to the school afterwards. She failed, but she tried really hard  :laugh:

Now she's really into my idea for cooking class and when before she was saying it was only possible if I could get all the ingredients for 13,800 won, she is now saying that she wants to do it and will find places to borrow money from in the budget so that we can do it.

Here's hoping camp goes well!

donovan

« Reply #1532 on: December 30, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
I knock off at 12 (camp) and after a quick snack and some coffee, I'm in the gym by 1, instead of 6. Much fewer people in the gym at 1, and the manager doesn't arrive till 5, so the weight area is nearly empty and I can happily max out and drop my deadlifts without a single complaint.

Empty gym is best gym. I always feel super guilty or douchey when I make any excessive noise at the gym 'cause peeps always look / glare at me. But it's probably just 'cause I'm foreign.

What are we talking here? Squat grunts? Power growls? Singing metal anthems out loud with headphones on?

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1533 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:34 AM »
A couple weeks ago they sent out a message about not using the heater too much, and since I'm the only one deskwarming in the English/Science office I didn't turn it on.  I guess they can see which rooms are using the heater, beacause an administration lady that I've never talked to before came up to my floor and asks, "Aren't you cold!?" and turned on the heater for me. I still can't feel my fingers but I can't see my breath either so I'm happy.  :azn:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1534 on: December 30, 2016, 10:16:37 AM »
Last day... everyone who is leaving the school this year is bringing leftover snacks to the office and pawning off random household items.  :laugh:

It's like a motley potluck.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1535 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:01 PM »
Korean beef lunch was super delicious. Now it's time for a nap, if anyone unlocked the nap room...

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1536 on: January 02, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
I was super anxious about the first day of camp but the speaking game I prepared went well, and afterwards when I was talking to my coteacher and how I'd been worried about it she said she also thought it went well but that even if it hadn't it would've been ok because everyone makes mistakes sometimes

cue giant sigh of relief

I've been so anxious lately because of all the stuff that was going down at the end of the semester so it was such a relief to hear

gidget

« Reply #1537 on: January 02, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
I'm so happy that this winter is warmer than last winter. Last year I was a sick and miserable ice cube. This year, my office is snug and warm.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #1538 on: January 02, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »

:huh: My diet plans just died.

But day 1 of 3 of camp is done, nobody cried, nobody argued, the kids went home happy. Roll on tomorrow!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1539 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »
I have my grade 3 camp this week. I'm teaching son number 4 in a family of 4 boys. They're all really good and generally funny kids.

Today we were starting a game and the youngest one walks up walks up unzips my sweater pats my stomach and says 'that's my boy.' My CT and I both lost it.  This lil bastards got this shit eating grin on and neither me nor my CT can punish him because we both thought he was hilarious.