December 11, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 387812 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1400 on: December 15, 2016, 09:28:14 AM »
I actually look forward to camp. I love/hate the planning part of it but I like getting to just do fun classes with the kids. So glad I don't get stuck doing rote grammar and that my school lets me do whatever I want for it.

Since all my classes got moved to the afternoon, I've just been leisurely compiling reference images for the art projects I'm planning for winter camp  :azn:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1401 on: December 15, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »
I am so glad I have no camp.

Today I have my little toasty seat warmer and I'm pretty sure my bf and I are going to the new One Piece cafe tonight. Though I am a little worried some of my students will be there.

First, SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!! NO CAMP?! You are living the dream. :sad:

Second, what is this One Piece cafe?? Is it just a new cafe or is there something more??
I actually also liked the actual camp week (depending on the students and grades), but the camp planning was such a pain. However, even though, I did enjoy the fun camps, I would still take no camp over it.

As for the One Piece cafe, it is another cafe, but not JUST a cafe. Haha. It's based on the Japanese cafe, so it's got the characters and themed drinks and food and a little store. It's put on by the official Korean One Piece distributor.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1402 on: December 15, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
One Piece cafe???? please give deets!!

I'm a total One Piece freak and I've been so happy with how popular it is here. I need to visit Seoul at some point anyways so...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1403 on: December 15, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
Technical teacher just gave me an airplane kit and told me I had to make it so I could take part in the school festival contest  :laugh: :laugh:

This dude is the best

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1404 on: December 15, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
2 days ago CT: Next week you only have one class on Tuesday and no classes on Wednesday.
Me: Yusssssss!
Today: We cancelled all after school classes on Tuesday so you don't have class Tuesday or Wednesday.
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1405 on: December 15, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »

I'm a total One Piece freak and I've been so happy with how popular it is here. I need to visit Seoul at some point anyways so...
Oh yeah, me too. It's been my favorite since I was a freshman in high school and I have gotten my bf relatively into it. He even went to see the OP Gold movie last weekend, haha. I will update tomorrow!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

Oh yeah, me too. It's been my favorite since I was a freshman in high school and I have gotten my bf relatively into it. He even went to see the OP Gold movie last weekend, haha. I will update tomorrow!

Fun fact: I only started watching One Piece two years ago, and it was my boyfriend who made me start it. I was on a big anime kick and was binge-watching a series a week (normal one-season anime) but he wouldn't watch any with me. So I whined until he chose one he'd want to watch with me and he chose One Piece. I thought it was lame but agreed because I wanted him to watch something with me.

Eventually he got annoyed with how often I wanted to watch it lmao. We were almost caught up before I came to Korea, and we watch an episode together while skyping every once in a while, but we're a couple months behind now.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2016, 02:02:52 PM »
Fun fact: I only started watching One Piece two years ago, and it was my boyfriend who made me start it. I was on a big anime kick and was binge-watching a series a week (normal one-season anime) but he wouldn't watch any with me. So I whined until he chose one he'd want to watch with me and he chose One Piece. I thought it was lame but agreed because I wanted him to watch something with me.

Eventually he got annoyed with how often I wanted to watch it lmao. We were almost caught up before I came to Korea, and we watch an episode together while skyping every once in a while, but we're a couple months behind now.

I used to watch that series with my brother but stopped watching it for a while, then when I tried to pick it back up again I found out I was something like 400 episodes behind.

So I gave up. xP

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »

I used to watch that series with my brother but stopped watching it for a while, then when I tried to pick it back up again I found out I was something like 400 episodes behind.

So I gave up. xP

I literally wanted to watch it so much I pissed him off, that's the only way I caught up lmao

I used to always watch Case Closed with my brother while eating food from our favorite Mexican place. Oh, how I miss the days when my brother liked me and wasn't a lame MAN who never invites me anywhere  :cry: :cry: :cry:

donovan

« Reply #1409 on: December 15, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »
I applied for my F-6 visa on August 31 with my E-2 set to expire on September 30. I expected it might take a month at most (based on what I read on this forum :lipsrsealed:), but here I am nearly three months later and the sucker still hasn't come through and apparently my school is having trouble paying my pension contributions. Whenever I call immigration they can't say much but that the process sometimes takes up to 6 months! This is nuts. I was told I shouldn't leave the country until it comes through, as well. Feeling a bit in limbo and worried about being able to claim those pension contributions later once the visa does finally come through. :sad:

My wife just got word from immigration yesterday that my F-6 visa has finally come through, but for some reason they say I can't pick it up until the 28th. Anyway, it's nearly four months later, but it's finally here!

donovan

« Reply #1410 on: December 15, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »
I applied for my F-6 visa on August 31 with my E-2 set to expire on September 30. I expected it might take a month at most (based on what I read on this forum :lipsrsealed:), but here I am nearly three months later and the sucker still hasn't come through and apparently my school is having trouble paying my pension contributions. Whenever I call immigration they can't say much but that the process sometimes takes up to 6 months! This is nuts. I was told I shouldn't leave the country until it comes through, as well. Feeling a bit in limbo and worried about being able to claim those pension contributions later once the visa does finally come through. :sad:

My wife just got word from immigration yesterday that my F-6 visa has finally come through, but for some reason they say I can't pick it up until the 28th. Anyway, it's nearly four months later, but it's finally here!

Congrats! You now have that F-6 swagger.  Oh what can I do now?  Become a Korean pilot, or get a job in the local convenience store?  All those options!  ;D

No wait, are you talking to yourself?

Who else would I be talking to?

I'm happy for the visa less for the employment opportunities and more for the fact that I don't have to have weird conversations with my school anymore about why they're having trouble depositing my monthly pension payments. (But I'd like to think this swagger would at least get me a call back from Asiana :wink:)

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #1411 on: December 15, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »

Congrats! You now have that F-6 swagger.  Oh what can I do now?  Become a Korean pilot, or get a job in the local convenience store?  All those options!  ;D

I'm happy for the visa less for the employment opportunities and more for the fact that I don't have to have weird conversations with my school anymore about why they're having trouble depositing my monthly pension payments. (But I'd like to think this swagger would at least get me a call back from Asiana :wink:)

I can only aspire to this level of narcissism!!.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:32:30 PM by kyndo »

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1412 on: December 15, 2016, 03:30:58 PM »

I am caught up on the manga, but I am sooooo behind on the anime. And now its so daunting with how many there are.

donovan

« Reply #1413 on: December 15, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »

I never said that

yes you did~

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #1414 on: December 15, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »

I never said that.
yes you did~
This is Donovan proving that it's possible to put words into people's mouths while at the same time plagiarising them!  :huh:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1415 on: December 15, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »
I am just so genuinely shocked right now. I was alerted about work I had to do waaaaaay in advance! My school puts out an English essay magazine every year full of essays the students write. Last year, I was told a week in advance that I would have to go over these essays correcting them- maybe 150 or so. The teacher said she didn't expect them to take long because she thought they were pretty good. They weren't. I took them home with me every night and worked on them and I still didn't finish in time.

Fast forward to this year. Today she gave me a giant stack of essays again, but told me that they weren't due until March!! Hallelujah.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1416 on: December 16, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »
Today's my "bad" school's festival, so I get to chill on the computer until lunch then go home!

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1417 on: December 16, 2016, 08:09:04 AM »
I think this qualifies as both a vent for that thread and could be here in the raving happy thread too.

All year there has been issues with the seating arrangement in classes.  We had to swap out the standard desks from trapezoid shaped tables that will seat two kids on one side. Two tables together to fit 4 kids.  I try 4 different arrangements to make the six teams fit in the room, sit comfortably and not have their back to the front of the class - it was surprisingly tricky. A hexagon, a butterfly, different angles etc etc.  I was moving the tables around again last night hoping to fit in a horse shoe arrangement, but because of the size of 5th grade it just doesn't fit! BAH!  Then it strikes me - the way to set the tables that solves all the problems.  A simple L shape.  WHY didn't I think of this earlier??? I HAVE ONE WEEK OF CLASSES LEFT and I think of this NOW?!?!?!  I'm both happy and really peeved at myself because I should've seen this earlier and now it's almost too late.  Almost, but not quite.  I am actually pretty pleased with myself as well.  What's the word for this feeling I'm having?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1418 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
^there's probably a word in a different language if not in English.

Middle grade 2 students are my favorite. They asked if I was going on next week's field trip (I'm not, but it was nice they wanted to know if I was going). They've also invited me to a cooking class before.

For the Christmas lesson I opened by telling them "No books today!" All of the kids went "Yay!!!" and one kid was so enthused he threw his book on the floor and his hands up in the air.

Me:  :shocked:
All the students stare at him.
Student: ...Just kidding!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1419 on: December 16, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
^there's probably a word in a different language if not in English.

Middle grade 2 students are my favorite. They asked if I was going on next week's field trip (I'm not, but it was nice they wanted to know if I was going). They've also invited me to a cooking class before.

For the Christmas lesson I opened by telling them "No books today!" All of the kids went "Yay!!!" and one kid was so enthused he threw his book on the floor and his hands up in the air.

Me:  :shocked:
All the students stare at him.
Student: ...Just kidding!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Daerim Chinatown tonight with friends.

Exploring Myeongdong Bururu Sex Toy store on Saturday followed by a 3 hour free makgeolli  tastng session in Sinsa, and then Saturday night adventure in Itaewon with live music.

Apocalypse Now Redux Blu-Ray on Sunday. (3:30 length  :huh:)

Seeing as I did literally nothing last weekend and regretted it, this weekend should make up for that.  8) ;D :cheesy:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free