September 23, 2018, 05:01:30 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 367028 times)

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2016, 11:51:49 AM »
I almost posted in the ranting thread about how cold it was in the teachers' room.  The lunch bell rang, and we went to the cafeteria.  The soup was hot and the heat was turned on.  One of the reasons I like my school.   :smiley:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
There are some funny drawings on one of the bulletin boards at my main school. One of the kids drew cartoon versions of all the teachers & staff. Most (if not all?) seem to be based off existing cartoons, some of which are pretty accurate depictions! One teacher is Spongebob, another is Yoshi (with stubble?), and so on.

I turned out pretty cute! Though I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be. Some anime character, perhaps. One of the other younger teachers was depicted as angry which is a bit telling as it's the same teacher who has sternly chided the student on more than one occasion.  :laugh:

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:53 PM »
There are some funny drawings on one of the bulletin boards at my main school. One of the kids drew cartoon versions of all the teachers & staff. Most (if not all?) seem to be based off existing cartoons, some of which are pretty accurate depictions! One teacher is Spongebob, another is Yoshi (with stubble?), and so on.

I turned out pretty cute! Though I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be. Some anime character, perhaps. One of the other younger teachers was depicted as angry which is a bit telling as it's the same teacher who has sternly chided the student on more than one occasion.  :laugh:
That would be interesting to see.  Could you take a pic and post it?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2016, 02:46:09 PM »
^I'll see about that! I can blot out the names on my laptop at home but I don't have a way to do it on my phone.

I brought in some skittles to share with my main office in honor of Halloween. One teacher jokingly tried to convince me it was a knockoff brand and that Korea made the original (Beatles). I asked him when it was made-- he claimed the 15th century  :laugh: :laugh: What a goof

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
Had an amazing face painting contest at my middle school for Halloween! My students looked amazing. Made me so happy. I wore a Pikachu onesie...as one does.. :)

Offline coviedo011

• Newgookin
« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »
Was asked to administer a speaking test for my middle school kids at one my more rural schools. The KET apparently had done speaking tests before but had no real rubric or outline on what the kids should be able to say. I got to make the new rubric and grading scale for it and she's adopted it to all her other classes. Feels good.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2016, 04:43:17 PM »
Took the train to Busan.

No zombies.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1207 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »
Took the train to Busan.

No zombies.
What a let down  :huh:  :wink:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1208 on: November 01, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »
I caught a cold with the weather change (despite taking a vitamin c tab everyday), and while that sucks, I have decided to go get samgyetang for dinner tonight. I'm already looking forward to it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1209 on: November 01, 2016, 09:47:09 AM »
I know how my fellow foreigners love their mayo so here's something quick, easy, and freaking delicious:

Marinate some chicken breasts in italian dressing + mayo. I only did about an hour but they came out so tender and flavorful. Brought some to top my salad for lunch today. Very excited about it.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1210 on: November 01, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »
I know how my fellow foreigners love their mayo so here's something quick, easy, and freaking delicious:

Marinate some chicken breasts in italian dressing + mayo. I only did about an hour but they came out so tender and flavorful. Brought some to top my salad for lunch today. Very excited about it.

Drooling already. Why do you do this? You and Halo and her freaking samgyetang which I also love. I hate you both. I'm checking the school's lunch menu now.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1211 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Drooling already. Why do you do this? You and Halo and her freaking samgyetang which I also love. I hate you both. I'm checking the school's lunch menu now.

Mayo chicken breast sounds amazing. Because mayo is amazing.

Yesterday I had lemon pepper chicken breasts with a spinach salad and it was great.

Also my school just got a cafeteria and I want to die. I've never eaten in a school cafeteria here before. It's miserable. No control over how much food you get. Long lines of screaming children. Tiny little baby stools to sit on. My lunchtime went from being a time for eating food and relaxing and occasionally talking to people, to now being a time to wait in line for 15 minutes [it's not just me, all teachers have to wait] to devouring my lunch and getting out as fast as possible.

But today is sunny so this can go in the happy thread.

Dang that's unfortunate lol. I memorized the Korean words for "just give me a little bit please", and teachers get to cut in line at my school. But the baby stools are a problem in general. I'll call it motivation to lose weight!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1212 on: November 01, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
Got back to my main school and two students burst open the doors and yelled "HELLO [YIRJ]!!"  :laugh: Quite the welcome back.

Apparently it's winter cleaning time? Everyone cleaned/organized their desks today and some of the jokers came over and made a point of comparing my (currently messy) desk to their sparkling ones. Thankfully, nobody tried to clean my desk for me. It's mainly just lots of paper that I haven't yet taken time to sort through. Gonna save the bulk of it for an art project for winter camp anyway ^^ I wanna make some papier mache masks.

Nice to feel motivated to tidy up the desk! Looks much better already though I'm not yet finished

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1213 on: November 02, 2016, 07:22:46 AM »
MY FIRST PERIOD GOT CANCELLED OH WHAT A DAY

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1214 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »

You haven't had your period yet????????
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1215 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »
Last week, I was told that we wouldn't have any class today because of the talent show. I rock up, with some books and my little midi keyboard to pass the time. My CT announces that we have 4 of the 5 classes today... Gah!

Mercifully, she suggests we put a movie on for them.

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #1216 on: November 02, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
Classes cancelled, and I'm wearing socks with weed leaves on them because Koreans don't know what weed leaves look like.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1217 on: November 02, 2016, 08:10:05 AM »

You haven't had your period yet????????

#babytime
#proudmama
#glowing

ahh we have fun

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #1218 on: November 02, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »
Classes cancelled, and I'm wearing socks with weed leaves on them because Koreans don't know what weed leaves look like.

South Koreans may not but North koreans...

http://www.vice.com/read/north-korea-is-stoned-all-the-time-which-explains-a-lot

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
Apparently winter cleaning also entails disposing of random snacks onto my desk.

One is a sack of individually wrapped dark chocolates-- pretty good stuff, so I'm not complaining  :laugh: