December 11, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 387706 times)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1200 on: November 01, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »
I know how my fellow foreigners love their mayo so here's something quick, easy, and freaking delicious:

Marinate some chicken breasts in italian dressing + mayo. I only did about an hour but they came out so tender and flavorful. Brought some to top my salad for lunch today. Very excited about it.

Drooling already. Why do you do this? You and Halo and her freaking samgyetang which I also love. I hate you both. I'm checking the school's lunch menu now.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1201 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »
I know how my fellow foreigners love their mayo so here's something quick, easy, and freaking delicious:

Marinate some chicken breasts in italian dressing + mayo. I only did about an hour but they came out so tender and flavorful. Brought some to top my salad for lunch today. Very excited about it.

Drooling already. Why do you do this? You and Halo and her freaking samgyetang which I also love. I hate you both. I'm checking the school's lunch menu now.

Mayo chicken breast sounds amazing. Because mayo is amazing.

Yesterday I had lemon pepper chicken breasts with a spinach salad and it was great.

Also my school just got a cafeteria and I want to die. I've never eaten in a school cafeteria here before. It's miserable. No control over how much food you get. Long lines of screaming children. Tiny little baby stools to sit on. My lunchtime went from being a time for eating food and relaxing and occasionally talking to people, to now being a time to wait in line for 15 minutes [it's not just me, all teachers have to wait] to devouring my lunch and getting out as fast as possible.

But today is sunny so this can go in the happy thread.

Dang that's unfortunate lol. I memorized the Korean words for "just give me a little bit please", and teachers get to cut in line at my school. But the baby stools are a problem in general. I'll call it motivation to lose weight!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1202 on: November 01, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
Got back to my main school and two students burst open the doors and yelled "HELLO [YIRJ]!!"  :laugh: Quite the welcome back.

Apparently it's winter cleaning time? Everyone cleaned/organized their desks today and some of the jokers came over and made a point of comparing my (currently messy) desk to their sparkling ones. Thankfully, nobody tried to clean my desk for me. It's mainly just lots of paper that I haven't yet taken time to sort through. Gonna save the bulk of it for an art project for winter camp anyway ^^ I wanna make some papier mache masks.

Nice to feel motivated to tidy up the desk! Looks much better already though I'm not yet finished

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1203 on: November 02, 2016, 07:22:46 AM »
MY FIRST PERIOD GOT CANCELLED OH WHAT A DAY

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1204 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »

You haven't had your period yet????????
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1205 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »
Last week, I was told that we wouldn't have any class today because of the talent show. I rock up, with some books and my little midi keyboard to pass the time. My CT announces that we have 4 of the 5 classes today... Gah!

Mercifully, she suggests we put a movie on for them.

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #1206 on: November 02, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
Classes cancelled, and I'm wearing socks with weed leaves on them because Koreans don't know what weed leaves look like.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1207 on: November 02, 2016, 08:10:05 AM »

You haven't had your period yet????????

#babytime
#proudmama
#glowing

ahh we have fun

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #1208 on: November 02, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »
Classes cancelled, and I'm wearing socks with weed leaves on them because Koreans don't know what weed leaves look like.

South Koreans may not but North koreans...

http://www.vice.com/read/north-korea-is-stoned-all-the-time-which-explains-a-lot

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1209 on: November 02, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
Apparently winter cleaning also entails disposing of random snacks onto my desk.

One is a sack of individually wrapped dark chocolates-- pretty good stuff, so I'm not complaining  :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1210 on: November 03, 2016, 01:34:25 PM »
one of my kids made a pretty good multilingual joke in class and I just absolutely died. He was incredibly pleased that I understood it, too. I don't think it comes off well just telling over text, but I'll tell it anyways:

There was a bee in the classroom (??? I don't know how they're not all dead); fortunately it was only near the boys so they didn't freak out, and just pointed out the bee to me. I swatted it away a bit and it flew up towards the ceiling, and the boy pointed at it and said "be-동사"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1211 on: November 03, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

Not a huge Cubs fan, but nice to see the curse broken.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1212 on: November 03, 2016, 02:26:32 PM »
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1213 on: November 03, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS

I asked one of my classes if they watched baseball, the MLB (since KLB just had their final last night) and one of the boys hopped up out of his chair and ran around shouting and giving play by plays, he was so excited.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1214 on: November 03, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »
Art teacher is boss. He'll randomly show me fun tools he acquires.

Thanks to him, I've tried out a dremel and a hot-wire foam cutter!!  8)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1215 on: November 04, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »
Originally posted this in the wrong thread.   :undecided:

Related to this game that maximmm created:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,101255.msg664822.html#msg664822

I hadn't really considered how the game may freak out adults until one of my coTs let out a scream during class today. Was absolute madness afterwards. Controlled chaos is always fun.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1216 on: November 04, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »

I hadn't really considered how the game may freak out adults until one of my coTs let out a scream during class today. Was absolute madness afterwards. Controlled chaos is always fun.
How scary was it actually? I'm thinking about doing it next week for the second half of next weeks lessons.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1217 on: November 04, 2016, 12:31:22 PM »

How scary was it actually? I'm thinking about doing it next week for the second half of next weeks lessons.

Hard to judge that, but scary enough that it gets a lot of reactions out of each class, some more than others depending on how exaggerated a student or three will act before and during. It shows clips from various horror movies.

The modified version I shared removes the jump scares on the menu slide and also contains question/answer slides. Created it because my kids are the types who beg to play "Bloody Mary" only to be the first ones to bolt from the bathroom before you can finish the second chant.

maximmm's original is more fun, imo, and can be used more flexibly with a larger variety of activities and lessons.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1218 on: November 04, 2016, 03:31:07 PM »
one of my kids made a pretty good multilingual joke in class and I just absolutely died. He was incredibly pleased that I understood it, too. I don't think it comes off well just telling over text, but I'll tell it anyways:

There was a bee in the classroom (??? I don't know how they're not all dead); fortunately it was only near the boys so they didn't freak out, and just pointed out the bee to me. I swatted it away a bit and it flew up towards the ceiling, and the boy pointed at it and said "be-동사"

Nice  8)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1219 on: November 04, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »

Nice  8)

I'm glad someone appreciated it lol