May 27, 2018, 03:43:15 AM

Author Topic: Fingerprints/Criminal Record Check (Canadian Teachers)  (Read 61132 times)

Offline courtneym

• Adventurer
Re: Fingerprints/Criminal Record Check (Canadian Teachers)
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »
Korean Immigration (and therefore the Consulates in Canada) previously accepted regular CRCs, but changed to only accepting CRCs with fingerprints starting April 1st, 2015.

http://can-vancouver.mofa.go.kr/english/am/can-vancouver/visa/criminal/index.jsp
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:00:21 AM by courtneym »

Offline gnomon

• Veteran
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
Korean Immigration (and therefore the Consulates in Canada) previously accepted regular CRCs, but changed to only accepting CRCs with fingerprints starting April 1st, 2015.

http://can-vancouver.mofa.go.kr/english/am/can-vancouver/visa/criminal/index.jsp

That link only mentions CRCs coming from BC, AB, SK, YK, and NWT. The website for the Korean Consulate in Toronto doesn't mention needing fingerprints at all.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2016, 01:51:20 PM »

Hmm wonder if gnomon didn't have to cause he was in Ontario. I insisted on getting my fingerprints taken at the local police station, but he said it wasn't necessary. I can't see why having fingerprints on it matters though.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »

That link only mentions CRCs coming from BC, AB, SK, YK, and NWT. The website for the Korean Consulate in Toronto doesn't mention needing fingerprints at all.

A bit curious here. Did you get your degree and CRC notarized at a Korean embassy, send your documents to Korea, receive your NOA, then go to the embassy again to get the visa issued?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:26 PM »
On a side note, do you know if these expire? I have the same one marked Dec 2012, stamped by the embassy etc. I've used it for the first job (when I still lived in Canada) and the subsequent 3 jobs I've had here.

Is it good forever? I've lived in Korea the entire time, if that helps.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2016, 12:38:41 AM »
On a side note, do you know if these expire? I have the same one marked Dec 2012, stamped by the embassy etc. I've used it for the first job (when I still lived in Canada) and the subsequent 3 jobs I've had here.

Valid for six months I think

Offline gnomon

• Veteran
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2016, 07:17:08 AM »

A bit curious here. Did you get your degree and CRC notarized at a Korean embassy, send your documents to Korea, receive your NOA, then go to the embassy again to get the visa issued?

Let's see if I can remember. Degree copies notarized by a lawyer. Notarized degree and CRC stamped by Korean embassy. Mailed to Korea. NOA given by recruiter/employer. Back to embassy to get visa in passport.

Valid for six months I think

Six months before submitting it. If it's on file, and you remain on the same visa, you shouldn't need a new one, at least not from Canada. I know people who have had to get Korean CRCs for new jobs instead.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2016, 05:00:22 PM »
FYI: It took 7 business days to receive my CRC.

Unless you're on Vancouver Island it could come sooner since it's mailed from Ottawa.

Offline spooky87

• Explorer
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »
I have sent all the necessary E-2 Visa documents to my recruiter in Korea.  She is now saying that immigration will only accept a fingerprint check for my Visa Issuance Number.  However, when I applied for a Visa in October 2015 I did not require this.  I sent a standard RCMP check, the same I sent this time.  I am from Ontario, btw.  Is there anything I can say to my recruiter to avoid getting the fingerprint check?
I have read over this thread and noticed that others have had the same experience.  They only needed an RCMP check without fingerprints.
So frustrating...

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/