November 18, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

Author Topic: Koreans are cold.  (Read 22685 times)

Offline iseya

• Expert Waygook
Re: Koreans are cold.
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2015, 10:26:49 AM »
But I really recommend these fingerless badboys

where do you get these hobo gloves? i've been looking for a pair for 2 years. seriously. haven't even been able to find on gmarket. maybe i'm using the wrong search terms?

I've seen em in H&M

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »

where do you get these hobo gloves? i've been looking for a pair for 2 years. seriously. haven't even been able to find on gmarket. maybe i'm using the wrong search terms?

I've seen em in H&M

Just rock these homie.
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=723450206

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »

I've seen em in H&M

Just rock these homie.

buy a pair of gloves and use scissors.
Open your mind.

Offline sonny

• Veteran
  • Simply Stunning
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »

I've seen em in H&M

Just rock these homie.

buy a pair of gloves and use scissors.

I think you are the first person to suggest that.
Eat. Pray. Love. Travel. = My life

Offline johnny russian

• The Legend
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
Just rock these homie.

might be good for use on the Seoul subway so i can punch those twits who stand in the middle of the doorway out of the way.

anyway, since people seem to be carrying about the gloves so much: i thought about buying a normal pair and cutting them, but i was worried that they would fray where i cut them. if Daiso has gloves cheap enough, i might still try it, but i wouldn't risk it on any pair that cost more than 5k.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »
Did I just detect that you need a hug too?

That confused face was because you called t-shirts a knitted fabric.

That confused face still applies.

Lmfao T-shirts are a knitted fabric, though I'm curious as to what you thought they were?  My undergraduate degree is in apparel design and technical production, I promise you I'm not just pulling that out of my ass.  Look closely at a T-shirt the next time you're wearing one.  You can see it'll most likely have this pattern (or a variation thereof):

Woven fabrics have very little to no stretch and wrinkle more easily because of their structure.  Knits are typically stretchy can look like anything form a big loopy knit sweater to a super-finely knit T-shirt.   If you're genuinely curious about the difference, there's a quick explanation here.  Otherwise you'll just have to take my word that I know more about the curling edges of hobo gloves than the average person  :laugh:

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
Just rock these homie.

might be good for use on the Seoul subway so i can punch those twits who stand in the middle of the doorway out of the way.

anyway, since people seem to be carrying about the gloves so much: i thought about buying a normal pair and cutting them, but i was worried that they would fray where i cut them. if Daiso has gloves cheap enough, i might still try it, but i wouldn't risk it on any pair that cost more than 5k.

I have a pair of fingerless gloves I bought at Daiso, and I had another pair that cost just 1000 won and I cut off the fingertips. It was all right and didn't really fray so much as roll down on my fingers. A bit annoying, but not distracting. It should be said, though, that I have tiny little circus midget hands and wear children's gloves, so a normal human-sized pair might be pricier?  :laugh:

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2015, 01:55:09 PM »

Lmfao T-shirts are a knitted fabric, though I'm curious as to what you thought they were?  My undergraduate degree is in apparel design and technical production, I promise you I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. 

[...]

To the average person, t-shirts are not knitted. 'knit wear' has all the association of a woolly jumpers and none with t-shirts. The fact that you're throwing your degree around shows how specifically abstruse your association is. 

EDIT:

Also, is there a tone from you? Am I just misunderstanding that? I mean, if it were so, of all the things to give me attitude about, it wouldn't be gloves, would it?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:04:41 PM by Space »

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »

Lmfao T-shirts are a knitted fabric, though I'm curious as to what you thought they were?  My undergraduate degree is in apparel design and technical production, I promise you I'm not just pulling that out of my ass.  L

[...]

To the average person, t-shirts are not knitted. 'knit wear' has all the association of a woolly jumpers and none with t-shirts. The fact that you're throwing your degree around shows how specifically pedantic and abstruse your association is.

See what happens when I don't make myself the bad guy? You people turn on each other.

madda's not wrong. To be ignorant isn't a very good excuse. This is one of those times where you say "cool. I learned something new. T-shirts are in fact a knitted fabric", rather than be an asshole who still thinks he's correct by using ignorance as his reason, and then proceed to insult someone in order to prove your point.
Open your mind.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »

Lmfao T-shirts are a knitted fabric, though I'm curious as to what you thought they were?  My undergraduate degree is in apparel design and technical production, I promise you I'm not just pulling that out of my ass.  L

[...]

To the average person, t-shirts are not knitted. 'knit wear' has all the association of a woolly jumpers and none with t-shirts. The fact that you're throwing your degree around shows how specifically abstruse your association is.

See what happens when I don't make myself the bad guy? You people turn on each other.

madda's not wrong. To be ignorant isn't a very good excuse. This is one of those times where you say "cool. I learned something new. T-shirts are in fact a knitted fabric", rather than be an asshole who still thinks he's correct by using ignorance as his reason, and then proceed to insult someone in order to prove your point.

I'm not an arsehole. Don't call me an arsehole. We're talking about gloves ffs.

As you can see from my edit. My tone was in response to the tone used(?) I wasn't being **** like when I used the confused face.  And sure, I didn't know that tshirts were knitted. I doubt most people did or most people would associate gloves and tshirts as being the same (other than under the 'clothes you can wear' title).

Jeeze, now I understand why most get annoyed with you, Richard.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:13:14 PM by Space »

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »

Lmfao T-shirts are a knitted fabric, though I'm curious as to what you thought they were?  My undergraduate degree is in apparel design and technical production, I promise you I'm not just pulling that out of my ass. 

[...]

EDIT:

Also, is there a tone from you? Am I just misunderstanding that? I mean, if it were so, of all the things to give me attitude about, it wouldn't be gloves, would it?

Well, "to the average person" is a pretty sweeping generalization I don't think either of us would be qualified to make.  I pointed out my degree not as a form of snobbery, but just to say that I wasn't being some Google-abusing, condescending dick trying to argue with you--it's random that fabric would even be brought up in this forum, but I do happened to be educated in that field.  What's wrong with sharing a bit of knowledge?

And yes, I think you're defensiveness has made you imagine a tone that wasn't there.  Maybe my comment about wondering what you thought they were could be interpreted as snarky, but I was genuinely curious.  Also, I thought it would be fairly obvious that I wasn't trying to "toss my degree around" as anything fancy when I equated it to being an expert on the roll-y fingers of hobo gloves. :undecided:

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2015, 02:27:36 PM »

[...]

EDIT:

Well, "to the average person" is a pretty sweeping generalization I don't think either of us would be qualified to make.  I pointed out my degree not as a form of snobbery, but just to say that I wasn't being some Google-abusing, condescending dick trying to argue with you--it's random that fabric would even be brought up in this forum, but I do happened to be educated in that field.  What's wrong with sharing a bit of knowledge?

And yes, I think you're defensiveness has made you imagine a tone that wasn't there.  Maybe my comment about wondering what you thought they were could be interpreted as snarky, but I was genuinely curious.  Also, I thought it would be fairly obvious that I wasn't trying to "toss my degree around" as anything fancy when I equated it to being an expert on the roll-y fingers of hobo gloves. :undecided:

It was that along with the 'LMFAO' . Maybe it was defensiveness but Im all for being educated and I throw my hands up when I'm wrong. I really do beleive most people would never associate knitwear with t shirts. I really don't. But you're right, how could we even measure that.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
My comment quoted something that was before an edit. My comment was to one before such a fix on your part. if you want to be annoyed, be annoyed at yourself for not making the edit quicker. Most get annoyed at me cause I call them out on their bullshit, which is what I did with you. No one likes being called out ever. I don't expect people to like me for doing this. Mentioned this many months ago as  well. As long as there is bullshit, I shall be present. For I am... the bullshit caller man (working on a new name).

Glad you and I learned something new today.
Open your mind.

Offline sonny

• Veteran
  • Simply Stunning
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
My comment quoted something that was before an edit. My comment was to one before such a fix on your part. if you want to be annoyed, be annoyed at yourself for not making the edit quicker. Most get annoyed at me cause I call them out on their bullshit, which is what I did with you. No one likes being called out ever. I don't expect people to like me for doing this. Mentioned this many months ago as  well. As long as there is bullshit, I shall be present. For I am... the bullshit caller man (working on a new name).

Yeah that's it.  :rolleyes:
The reason people don't like you is because of your cringe-worthy comments and completely wrong headed point of view. It's not because you are some stone cold truth teller and we just can't get past you calling us all out. In fact I don't think I've ever seen you call someone out. It's usually snarky, snide comments.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Yeah that's it.  :rolleyes:
The reason people don't like you is because of your cringe-worthy comments and completely wrong headed point of view. It's not because you are some stone cold truth teller and we just can't get past you calling us all out. In fact I don't think I've ever seen you call someone out. It's usually snarky, snide comments.

so you're saying space should have kept up his usage of ignorance as his defence and then continue to insult madda (this was of course before the change, which is what I was commenting to, as you can see in my comment that quoted him).

Nice point of view you got there my man. You should open your eyes more :3 I call people on a weekly basis. In fact, most comments that call someone out on the internet are usually snarky and snide.

:afro:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:57:40 PM by richardtang1991 »
Open your mind.

Offline sonny

• Veteran
  • Simply Stunning
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:02 PM »
The problem is you think you are a lot smarter than you actually are.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

The problem is that you think I think I am a lot smarter than I actually am.

I am actually quite aware of my very average IQ.

99% of the things I call people out on are their rants and how insignificant your tiny problems are. (hence my many comments on the ranting thread and rant related threads). I don't need a high IQ to do so.

Most people don't like being called out for being racist, whiney, or otherwise just plain stupid.

FOr example, I am sure we've all seen the idiots who write: "OH MY GOD LUNCH SUCKS, THEY KEEP SERVING KIMCHI. WHO THE HELL WOULD IMAGINE THERE BE KIMCHI IN KOREAN LUNCHES BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:04:02 PM by richardtang1991 »
Open your mind.

ChrisKorea

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

The problem is that you think I think I am a lot smarter than I actually am.

I am actually quite aware of my very average IQ.

99% of the things I call people out on are their rants and how insignificant your tiny problems are. (hence my many comments on the ranting thread and rant related threads). I don't need a high IQ to do so.

Are you serious?

ANYWAY, Koreans are more tolerant of the heat, not so tolerant of the cold. I am the reverse. Maybe it is because I am from Canada, maybe it is because I am me. We are all different and special.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »
Yes Chris...shall we go back a year and a half and read through your many woes of Korean life that you apparently have now taken a tolerant/liking to since you are here for a second year, and maybe even a third year? It was truly such a joy to read your weekly facebook essays of how much you miss home, so much so that you decided to ...stay another year.

As for this thread, like myself (asian), Koreans tend to be smaller and skinnier than your usual Africans/Europeans/Americans/Canadians/Australians, and so I am quite cold most of the time (as most women will tell you). I'm assuming the OP is a larger guy (fat or muscular, doesn't matter), and probably lived and learned to adapt to cold weather than what is found here. Is it really so weird that they would ask why you aren't cold when they are? I am freezing in my seat right now. My hands and feet are frozen cold most of the time past October.

Even though I know you are bigger therefore warm, I am still going to ask you. this is usually just to start a conversation, or to fill in a void in the conversation.

Kind of like asking the highly redundant question of, Nice weather today, eh? No shit I know it's nice weather, I knew by seeing it with my bloody eyes and the sensation of touch. The point is it's a conversation starter.

also, does no one mention how racist this comment of his (the OP) is?

Though in my experience, you don't hint to Asians, they don't get those non verbal cues.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:19:11 PM by richardtang1991 »
Open your mind.

ChrisKorea

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »

Yes Chris...shall we go back a year and a half and read through your many woes of Korean life that you apparently have now taken a tolerant/liking to since you are here for a second year, and maybe even a third year? It was truly such a joy to read your weekly facebook essays of how much you miss home, so much so that you decided to ...stay another year.

Um, what was the point of saying this?