August 17, 2018, 05:13:42 AM

Author Topic: Why won't anyone sit next to me on the subway? ;_;  (Read 13483 times)

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
Re: Why won't anyone sit next to me on the subway? ;_;
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
I should just start a business in South Korea selling plant-based underarm whitening deodorant.   :-*
Any investors????  8)

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
I should just start a business in South Korea selling plant-based underarm whitening deodorant.   :-*
Any investors????  8)

I'd short the heck out of this!

Koreans claim they don't stink, so no sale.

Offline CypherSoul

• Waygookin
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »

If the bus doesn't immediately burst into a "ONE OF US, ONE OF US" chant while clambering to sit beside me then I feel cold and empty inside.

I read your name as Smelly Baguette  :laugh: :laugh: and then the chanting part made me laugh :laugh: :laugh:

I apologize. :laugh:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »
if nobody ever sat next to me i'd be the happiest person

although, i do notice people will immediately move seats if another opens up near them, presumably because they don't want to sit next to me (i can't think of any other reasons why they'd move). shrug

Offline Nokcha

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »
Like many others, I'm thrilled to have the space to myself. A rare commodity here in Seoul!

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2018, 07:41:00 AM »
it's usually on the bus now that no one will sit next to me.  the seat next to me is always the last to get filled.  this bus is always full on the way home.  i've even had people sit down and then look for another seat.  i appreciate the extra space but not going to lie, seems kind of fucked up.  i'm not overflowing into the next seat and i don't smell bad either.  i have wide shoulders but i do my best to keep everything contained to my seat.  maybe i need to shave or something.
 might be throwing them off.  balls

Offline tylerthegloob

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2018, 07:41:38 AM »
Yesterday when I was on the bus someone sat next to me and I immediately thought of this thread. I was sitting in the back corner and there were only about 4 other people in the bus. The person in question sat directly next to me. Also, I've never had the "people don't sit next to me problem" but I really hope I don't develop a "people always sit too close to me" problem.

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
Yesterday when I was on the bus someone sat next to me and I immediately thought of this thread. I was sitting in the back corner and there were only about 4 other people in the bus. The person in question sat directly next to me. Also, I've never had the "people don't sit next to me problem" but I really hope I don't develop a "people always sit too close to me" problem.

i actually hate this the most.  all the empty seats and you chose the one i was sitting in?!  it's like going to the bathroom and there are 20 empty urinals and someone decides to post up right next to you.  just...no

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »
i actually hate this the most.  all the empty seats and you chose the one i was sitting in?!  it's like going to the bathroom and there are 20 empty urinals and someone decides to post up right next to you.  just...no

It provides a sense of closeness, the Koreans call it Uri (우리).

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »

It provides a sense of closeness, the Koreans call it Uri (우리).

It also allows for a larger group to sit together.

If there is a row of 6 seats, with one person at each end, sitting next to one of them allows a group of 3 to sit together.

:)

Offline chrisnaguy

• Newgookin
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
I just hope nobody sits close to me on a subway...when there are other openings...please don't take a crap next to me when there are 10 other toilets open...if it is all full I understand...same goes for especially urinals and hand washing stations...

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Any investors????  8)

They have this in Olive Young hahahah

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2018, 11:55:27 AM »
Like many others, I'm thrilled to have the space to myself. A rare commodity here in Seoul!

Seriously. I can't imagine too many Seoulites complaining about having extra space on the bus/subway.