November 18, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Why won't anyone sit next to me on the subway? ;_;  (Read 13983 times)

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
Re: Why won't anyone sit next to me on the subway? ;_;
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
Okay, I was about to burst out laughing at what an obvious troll this is, and then I saw the blog.  What a moronic piece of shit.  I'm still holding out on some hope that the blog is one elaborate joke as well...  :cry:

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
Time to lambaste this fool in the same fashion as I've lambasted the Korean writers who submitted xenophobic garbage. Thanks for the email address inclusion KoreanTimes! :D

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
Koreans don't want to sit next to foreigners because they are afraid of foreigners talking to them. He helps them realize their fears every time.

Really? I don't buy that one. Generally I imagine almost no-one wants some total stranger on the subway to start taking to them but at least if it's a foreigner you'd have the immediate excuse that you don't speak English to fall back on. Is a random foreigner statistically more likely to start talking to a Korean on a subway car than another Korean?

Koreans don't want to sit next to a foreigner on the subway for the same reason that a UK citizen wouldn't have wanted to sit next to a black person back in the 1950s.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:25:44 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
Okay...I read more of the blog and I think this entire thing is a troll.  There's no way this guy has been living in Korea for 4 years already and hasn't gotten the shit kicked out of him by Koreans and expats alike  :laugh:

Offline sejongthefabulous

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
Koreans don't want to sit next to foreigners because they are afraid of foreigners talking to them. He helps them realize their fears every time.

Really? I don't buy that one. Generally I imagine almost no-one wants some total stranger on the subway to start taking to them but at least if it's a foreigner you'd have the immediate excuse that you don't speak English to fall back on. Is a random foreigner statistically more likely to start talking to a Korean on a subway car than another Korean?

Koreans don't want to sit next to a foreigner on the subway for the same reason that a UK citizen wouldn't have wanted to sit next to a black person back in the 1950s.

You are absolutely right eggieguffer. However it is the 'reason' they present. Randomly talking to them allows the reason to persist.

And lol the guy's blog. It is a joke, no one would be so stupid.

Offline cjszk

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:02 PM »
Okay...I read more of the blog and I think this entire thing is a troll.  There's no way this guy has been living in Korea for 4 years already and hasn't gotten the shit kicked out of him by Koreans and expats alike  :laugh:

You are absolutely right eggieguffer. However it is the 'reason' they present. Randomly talking to them allows the reason to persist.

And lol the guy's blog. It is a joke, no one would be so stupid.

...I can actually believe someone as dumb as him exists. I've seen my fair share of dumb people in Korea...

Offline johnny russian

• The Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »
^i've met my fair share of dudes in korea who actually think like he does. especially regarding korean women. some real freaky-deaky dudes walking around here.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »
I always think some beautiful girl is going to sit next to me on the flight or train, then we get to talking and decide to ditch our original plans and spend it with each other instead...

Then some old smelly guy sits next to me and that does a pretty good job of snapping me out of my dream.
Open your mind.

Offline donuts81

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 04:22:58 PM »
I always think some beautiful girl is going to sit next to me on the flight or train, then we get to talking and decide to ditch our original plans and spend it with each other instead...

Then some old smelly guy sits next to me and that does a pretty good job of snapping me out of my dream.

The eternal dream Vs unremitting reality

Should find out what academy he works at and warn his school... troll or not the blog and article is something else...

What are you?? The waygook police??
"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"

Offline Hoosier_Jedi

• Expert Waygook
  • I'm a knight of my own republic.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
I hope the next Korean who sits beside him is not a cult member who is thrilled to share their beliefs with him or a drunk nationalist who goes on a rant about evil Americans and Japanese. Those are usually the people who want to talk to me on the subway.

I heard that "They're not being racist. They're just afraid you'll speak English to them," line a million times in Japan. I can't believe some people actually buy that.  :rolleyes:

Offline williethewimp

• Super Waygook
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
here is something to be thinking about if the Korean Netizen's get a hold of this seeing a picture of sex offender teaching in Korea, troll or no troll. They will go nuts over this and make it even harder to get or keep and e2 visa, be aware bed checks might be coming soon

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
I think this guy is just a Korean with a higher than average English ability, and he's just pretending to be an NET, b*tching about what he thinks foreigners think about Korea or just trying to make NETs look bad.

Another Ilbe bug has crawled out of some crack in his mommy's house, I say.

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »
bcuz u smell like POOOOOO~~~~~~~~~

Offline nonplayablecharacter

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
I want to believe this isn't real, but I looked up the guy's picture. I don't think it's because he's a foreigner.

Even Google agrees:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:53:26 AM by nonplayablecharacter »

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
KT have just published an editorial defending the two racist articles and why they pulled this one. They justify plagiarism quite well be calling it just a mistake.

What do you expect from the Korean times though?
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2015/09/197_186957.html
15 years teaching experience. CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, PhD slave. Thank you.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »
KT have just published an editorial defending the two racist articles and why they pulled this one. They justify plagiarism quite well be calling it just a mistake.

What do you expect from the Korean times though?
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2015/09/197_186957.html

Please understand her (and their) unique situation

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 06:03:16 PM »
I have had the opposite problem here. 
A better question is why do they rub their legs and body up against mine when there is plenty of room if they sit right.
Bonzai!

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
^i've met my fair share of dudes in korea who actually think like he does. especially regarding korean women. some real freaky-deaky dudes walking around here.

I think this is the saddest part. Naturally, I would assume it's a troll and turn my nose at the simpletons that have fallen for such an obvious bait. But the foreigners I've met in this place... man o man. They provide evidence that people like this 'author' really exist.

But I'll assume this is poking fun at those kind of people, while trolling the gullible NET community of Korea.

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 07:46:13 AM »
that happens to me too. I dont care because i have more room. I also just drank milk and we all know foreigners smell like milk. which was true in my case.I love milk.

Offline ultrafunk

• Waygookin
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 08:22:40 AM »
To me it's kind of funny. A friend and I have made a game of it. We would sit on opposite seats and wait for the train to fill up until there is one seat left on either side of us. The winner is the guy that has seats on either side of him taken. You'll be surprised at the confused look on some of the commuters faces trying to figure out which one of the two foreigners is the lesser evil.