September 23, 2018, 04:31:12 PM

The 2018 Korea TESOL International Conference: Focus on Fluency
Meet new people. Learn new things. Become a better teacher! Join us October 13 & 14 for the 26th annual Korea TESOL International Conference at Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
koreatesol.org/ic2018

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 771350 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4200 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4201 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Day turk errr jerbs....

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4202 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
Gee you gay = Eraser
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4203 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4204 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Don't let Kimdoham find out about this for the love of...
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4205 on: September 26, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »

You can get them at your local police station. Not expensive either.

Offline viennica

• Adventurer
  • Send me mac and cheese and I'll be yours.
« Reply #4206 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
If I have to hear "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" one more time, I will melt a la Wicked Witch.
Anyang Meet and Eat, our group of ridiculously fun people with a food problem. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334717196908236/

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4207 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

One of the gifts was really expensive.  :cry:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4208 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

Regift!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4209 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »

Nice! I got some "Chuseok" gifts from the English dept yesterday, too. Socks and a blue edition of 'Go-Stop', which I was assured is very #rare and "famous" lol. As for the socks, they couldn't have come at a better time, actually. Was getting low in the wearable sock department.

And I don't feel too bad for not having any Chuseok gifts for them as I brought in a decent haul of sugary snacks from Costco last week  :azn:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4210 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Should I take a sleeping bag for immigration at the airport?
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4211 on: September 28, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »
I should go running, but I feel like sitting around playing WoW for hours on end instead. Is it lazy if I adjust my calorie intake so I don't have to exercise?

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4212 on: September 28, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
I should go running, but I feel like sitting around playing WoW for hours on end instead. Is it lazy if I adjust my calorie intake so I don't have to exercise?

The logic is sound, but...

When I decide to just be lazy and eat nothing cause 'it'll balance out' it always backfires and I end up starving at like 11:30pm and proceed to eat too muchdelicious junk. I am weak.

Be careful  :police:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4213 on: September 28, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »

The logic is sound, but...

When I decide to just be lazy and eat nothing cause 'it'll balance out' it always backfires and I end up starving at like 11:30pm and proceed to eat too muchdelicious junk. I am weak.

Be careful  :police:

Fortunately, I don't have that problem as I don't keep junk food at home and am entirely too lazy to get dressed to walk to a convenience store.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4214 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »
Man, I have the exact opposite problem: I can't adjust my intake (I still eat like a teenager) so I spend way too much time running. Thank jeebus that I have the metabolism of a toaster oven!
Burn calories burn!

Fortunately, I don't have that problem as I don't keep junk food at home and am entirely too lazy to get dressed to walk to a convenience store.
A sad story. Here, let me help you out!
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=905068575
  :angel:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:09:23 PM by kyndo »

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4215 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »

In that case you could just never run or eat ever again. Win-win. Lazy and healthy not fat. It's the perfect solution! I don't foresee any problems.  :smiley:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4216 on: September 28, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »
Man, I have the exact opposite problem: I can't adjust my intake (I still eat like a teenager) so I spend way too much time running. Thank jeebus that I have the metabolism of a toaster oven!
Burn calories burn!  :evil:

My metabolism is sloooow. I'm on a diet and can eat around 1000 calories a day. It's really not bad once you get used to it. I'm often hungry, but I don't feel nearly as desperate as I did in the beginning days.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4217 on: September 28, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »

In that case you could just never run or eat ever again. Win-win. Lazy and healthy not fat. It's the perfect solution! I don't foresee any problems.  :smiley:

Haha. I've just been trying to drop weight quickly. 1 kg a week, if I can. My diet alone works, but I just know I'm gonna get a little out of control when I go back home...

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4218 on: September 28, 2017, 03:17:24 PM »

Haha. I've just been trying to drop weight quickly. 1 kg a week, if I can. My diet alone works, but I just know I'm gonna get a little out of control when I go back home...

I hear ya. I always like to look skinny and sexy happy and healthy when I visit  friends and family. Good luck!

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4219 on: September 28, 2017, 05:31:53 PM »
I (briefly) dated a girl who told me that survived on "Scotch mints and tea."

It was really three items, "Scotch, mints, and tea."

She was far from healthy.