July 16, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 730165 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2900 on: March 03, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
Over-planned for summer camp, now all that's left is tweaking it so that it runs as smoothly (and saves me as much trouble) as possible.

Maybe this year I can fully dedicate myself to actually trying to learn more Korean. Tired of depending mostly on context clues and random vocabulary to get me by.

I should have brought my dumbbells to class today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2901 on: March 03, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that this video exists and that it's totally appropriate for introductory classes:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2902 on: March 03, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that this video exists and that it's totally appropriate for introductory classes:

Don't forget the updated version with the same kids but grown up.

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #2903 on: March 03, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »
Is it acceptable to reuse lesson plans from the previous year or will my colleagues/school start thinking I'm lazy/will recycling reflect badly on me?
Because honestly I'm teaching the exact same periods for every year group as last year and adjusting old plans and materials (improving where required) will make my year so chill....

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2904 on: March 03, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »
Is it acceptable to reuse lesson plans from the previous year or will my colleagues/school start thinking I'm lazy/will recycling reflect badly on me?
Because honestly I'm teaching the exact same periods for every year group as last year and adjusting old plans and materials (improving where required) will make my year so chill....

It is fine.  That is why staying more than a year can have its benefits.  Work like crazy the first year lesson planning and then if you are lucky, and there are no textbook changes, you can reuse with some tweeks. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2905 on: March 03, 2017, 10:58:31 AM »

It is fine.  That is why staying more than a year can have its benefits.  Work like crazy the first year lesson planning and then if you are lucky, and there are no textbook changes, you can reuse with some tweeks.

That's what I'm doing! And it's great because on some lesson plans I was a bit rushed due to time constraints so now I can make improvements and refine without feeling so harried.

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #2906 on: March 03, 2017, 11:32:15 AM »

That's what I'm doing! And it's great because on some lesson plans I was a bit rushed due to time constraints so now I can make improvements and refine without feeling so harried.

Sweet. It's actually gonna be my 4th year here but after my 1st year we changed all the textbooks and last year I moved schools, thought I had all my lesson plans stored on an external harddrive, and discovered that my hard drive corrupted -_-

I'm planning on spending my excess free desk time studying Korean at least hahaha

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2907 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »
Right on.  I'm hoping to actually put some time toward studying Korean as well, though we'll see how well my motivation goes, hahah.

Have one new coT at a travel school I haven't met yet. All I know is that he's male, which is new in itself since my coTs up to present have all been female. Long as he's not a doucher, I'm happy. Though I do hope things don't change much and I can just do as I've done before.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2908 on: March 03, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
Someone is clipping their nails at their desk.  :sad:

Offline stuman

• Veteran
« Reply #2909 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:35 PM »
Starting school. Feeling lethargic. Must still be suffering from jet lag.....

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2910 on: March 03, 2017, 12:44:52 PM »
That's mad disrespectful.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2911 on: March 03, 2017, 01:00:12 PM »
That's mad disrespectful.

I hope you mean fingernails and not toenails... one is only vaguely better than the other.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2912 on: March 03, 2017, 01:17:18 PM »
I've noticed a drop in silly questions this year...no "Can you use chopsticks? or "Do you know kimchi?"

Instead they ask "Do you usually eat Korean food?" or  'Do you like spicy food?"

Is it just me?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2913 on: March 03, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »
They never really ask me these questions, but at the beginning of the school year I'll normally get compliments on my chopstick mastery.

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2914 on: March 03, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »
Attending one of the few 회식 I attend in order to keep up appearances after work. It's seafood, which I have a particularly strong hate-boner for, but whatever. Apparently my new main co-T can drink (and does) so I can quietly chug enough to forget about the sea-abortion on the plate in front of me. I've not been the youngest for a couple of years now and seemed to have earned some kudos by hanging around at the same school. All-in-all the atmosphere this year definitely trumps my previous rounds so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2915 on: March 03, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »
Someone singing upstairs has a really lovely voice I don't recall hearing before. Wonder if it's the new student. Sounds like a Disney princess

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2916 on: March 03, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
Attending one of the few 회식 I attend in order to keep up appearances after work. It's seafood, which I have a particularly strong hate-boner for, but whatever. Apparently my new main co-T can drink (and does) so I can quietly chug enough to forget about the sea-abortion on the plate in front of me. I've not been the youngest for a couple of years now and seemed to have earned some kudos by hanging around at the same school. All-in-all the atmosphere this year definitely trumps my previous rounds so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Waygook.org user robin_teacher, what food do you like?

I love 삼겹살, 순두부, 만두, almost any form of chicken. I even think the intestines one is okay. Bibimbap, kimbap, 찌깨, 감자탕... it's all good. I like fish, especially battered and fried, but I'll take it in most forms it comes in (I know it can be classified as seafood; it's shellfish, seaslugs, cephalopods and the like which make my guts churn).

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #2917 on: March 03, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
It's Friday so I guess I can post on here now...even though I've done it when it wasn't Friday a couple of times.

Also, who the hell is this Shawn Mendes asshole and why haven't I heard of him until I left the US? Living in China and my girlfriend wants me to sing a song by him for her...and when I was in Spain, when a girl found out my name is Sean, they go "Oh! Just like Shawn Mendes!"

In China, I've been introducing myself as Sean like Shaun the Sheep and some British guys got onto me saying "Is that the best you can do?" Well, I've yet to meet a Chinese person who know who Sean Connery is and I'll happily take Shaun the Sheep over...who ever this whiny asshole is...Sean was a perfectly cool name until this no talent assclown showed up.

Canada, there's only so much you can get away with after giving us Rush and the Guess Who.
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2918 on: March 03, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Bieber and Mendes are BAE

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2919 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »

Waygook.org user robin_teacher, what food do you like?

I love 삼겹살, 순두부, 만두, almost any form of chicken. I even think the intestines one is okay. Bibimbap, kimbap, 찌깨, 감자탕... it's all good. I like fish, especially battered and fried, but I'll take it in most forms it comes in (I know it can be classified as seafood; it's shellfish, seaslugs, cephalopods and the like which make my guts churn).

Even though I have been vegetarian for nigh on 28 years, I attend the dinners and eat whatever rabbit food they want to give me.  As I live near the sea, there is a lot of seafood dinners.  One ages ago had the 산낙지 on the table.  But the owner put it in front of me,as I was a little bored I thought I'd time how long it took to stop twitching.  It was about 15 minutes, then someone nudged the table and they moved again.  Thing was, two of the tentacles escaped across the table and made a break for it, they got a good 30cms from the plate to freedom, before the social studies teachers nabbed them with her chopsticks before dunking them in the chilli sauce and then in her mouth.