September 25, 2018, 07:16:24 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 772094 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #880 on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:23 AM »
I am not American either.
We should form a club!
Classism is real.
Unfortunately. :sad:
You ask "who cares?"
Lots of people, even if you don't.
I meant the question to be rhetorical. Sort of "I know there are people out there who care about it but I wish that there weren't. They should care about other things. Like video games, oxford commas, and finding out once and for all what colour this dress actually is."
Personally, I try not to judge, but am aware that I am judged.
I try too, but sometimes people make it so very very difficult...

YoungMin

« Reply #881 on: June 13, 2016, 09:45:29 AM »
I routinely will wear the same items (not entire outfits) more than once a week.

Traveling is the time I think it's more acceptable by any culture to wear the same clothes twice or more in a row. Some people like to pack light. I've frequently been on short trips where I only pack underwear and wear the same outfit a couple days in a row.

I change my shirt at least twice a day in the Korean summer.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #882 on: June 13, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »
Holy Hell.

The tourism Korea page for Daebudo says that it's the "Hawaii of Ansan."

If there were ever a tall claim. hahahahaha The Sageori is the Times Square of this butthole village. hahahahahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #883 on: June 13, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »
Holy Hell.

If there were ever a tall claim. hahahahaha The Sageori is the Times Square of this butthole village. hahahahahaha
"If you have any problems with the functioning or content of this page, please send us a message using this form."
Click that "Report Error" button! :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #884 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »
Holy Hell.

"If you have any problems with the functioning or content of this page, please send us a message using this form."
Click that "Report Error" button! :laugh:

Hahahahaha, I just tried but it wants me to login.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #885 on: June 15, 2016, 12:53:56 PM »
How do the people who stick menus on my apartment door know the entrance code to the building?

Delivery people too.

Where are they all getting the entrance code from?

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #886 on: June 15, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
How do the people who stick menus on my apartment door know the entrance code to the building?

Delivery people too.

My friend pointed out to me that mine is written on the side of the door in permanent marker.  Hers is too.  I haven't checked other buildings but maybe everyone's is.  Cuz I've wondered the same thing.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #887 on: June 15, 2016, 01:09:41 PM »

Delivery people too.

My question about the people who stick menus on doors is who are they?  What do they look like?  I have never been able to catch these people in the actual act of attaching the menu to the door.  Are they hired ninjas?  Are they people?

Offline Aqvm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #888 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:14 PM »
When they deliver food to your neighbors, they put a menu on every door in the building. It's the food delivery guy who is doing it. Most delivery places in your area probably know the building's door code anyway, just from customers telling them on the phone. Also the door code for about 90% of Korean apartment buildings is 1234 or something similar.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:13:59 PM by Aqvm »

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #889 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
When they deliver food to your neighbors, they put a menu on every door in the building. It's the food delivery guy who is doing it. Most delivery places in your area probably know the building's door code anyway, just from customers telling them on the phone. Also the door code for about 90% of Korean apartment buildings is 1234 or something similar.

Also, 90% if you find a wifi connection named iptime, it's using 1234 as the password.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline nermal

• Veteran
« Reply #890 on: June 15, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »

Delivery people too.

My question about the people who stick menus on doors is who are they?  What do they look like?  I have never been able to catch these people in the actual act of attaching the menu to the door.  Are they hired ninjas?  Are they people?

I was fine with all the menu and flyer litter they leave in my apartment building until other day when they taped a menu covering my keypad. That was it. They went too far.  >:(

YoungMin

« Reply #891 on: June 15, 2016, 01:28:54 PM »

Delivery people too.

I was fine with all the menu and flyer litter they leave in my apartment building until other day when they taped a menu covering my keypad. That was it. They went too far.  >:(

That tipped me over the edge last week too.

A couple weeks ago the person advertising a new apartment left their flyers on the ground all along my corridor. That pissed me off. After 2 days no body along the corridor had bothered to even pick them up so I did it myself. I drove to the show home, walked through the door and asked 'is this ....?' the woman was like 'nenenenenenene' and then I just threw all the flyers in the middle of the floor and walked out. It was very enjoyable.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »

Delivery people too.

A couple weeks ago the person advertising a new apartment left their flyers on the ground all along my corridor. That pissed me off. After 2 days no body along the corridor had bothered to even pick them up so I did it myself. I drove to the show home, walked through the door and asked 'is this ....?' the woman was like 'nenenenenenene' and then I just threw all the flyers in the middle of the floor and walked out. It was very enjoyable.

That's such a petty thing to do but I love it so much. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's the kind of stuff I imagine myself doing to people all the time.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #893 on: June 15, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »

Delivery people too.

Haha.  Reminds me of a time I was in Seoul.  Some dude had these huge promotional posters for his bar/event/whatever and he was just walking down the street and laying them down on the ground as he went.  My friend and I followed him a ways and picked them all up.  We gave them to him and said "sorry I think you dropped these".   ;D

They had to have been expensive to print.. they were these huge posters.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #894 on: June 17, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
I guess it's Friday so we can not abuse this thread.

Shanghai Disney just opened today.  I literally cannot imagine a bigger hell.  All that line cutting... and pictures have already surfaced of the Chinese making their kids pee in the plants.

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #895 on: June 17, 2016, 10:36:39 AM »
I guess it's Friday so we can not abuse this thread.

Shanghai Disney just opened today.  I literally cannot imagine a bigger hell.  All that line cutting... and pictures have already surfaced of the Chinese making their kids pee in the plants.

They're not making them pee in the plants. That's where you pee. That's the place! The bathroom is dirty, you know; people keep peeing on the floor.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

I hope Shanghai Disney is better than HK Disney; that was some tired-ass shit.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #896 on: June 17, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »

Delivery people too.

My friend pointed out to me that mine is written on the side of the door in permanent marker.  Hers is too.  I haven't checked other buildings but maybe everyone's is.  Cuz I've wondered the same thing.

Someone had done the same thing at my place a couple of months back, but then I'm guessing the landlord finally noticed it about a week back and removed it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #897 on: June 17, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
My coT was showing us (the office) photos of her trip to another island. There was one of a bunch of fish drying and next to the fish was a seagull carcass tied to a pole. Which is apparently an effective repellant, however gross it looks.

A while back I had showed some photos from my previous jobs; one was of a dead cat prop. A coworker remembered and told me I should make a dead dog prop and hang it in front of the school to ward away the local dogs (they tend to defecate on the soccer field...).

I asked "What about the children??" He replied "Doesn't matter!"

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #898 on: June 17, 2016, 10:58:38 AM »
My coT was showing us (the office) photos of her trip to another island. There was one of a bunch of fish drying and next to the fish was a seagull carcass tied to a pole. Which is apparently an effective repellant, however gross it looks.

A while back I had showed some photos from my previous jobs; one was of a dead cat prop. A coworker remembered and told me I should make a dead dog prop and hang it in front of the school to ward away the local dogs (they tend to defecate on the soccer field...).

I asked "What about the children??" He replied "Doesn't matter!"

Just don't make a dead student prop  :laugh:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #899 on: June 17, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Yesterday my co-teacher got a call from the education office about my 3rd school. I am only at that school once a week, I have 6 classes and its a small school. I teach the 6th and 5th grade twice in the same day and they thought that was strange. They also thought it was weird that my 3rd school was so far from my other 2. Aren't they the ones who put me there?! So I'm guessing that there is going to be a change this coming August there is going to be a change. Here's hoping that I find out before I go for vaca and that the change is something good!