December 10, 2018, 04:07:38 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 844920 times)

Offline walrus

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6020 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:07 AM »
TGIF!!!

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #6021 on: October 22, 2018, 08:36:40 AM »
TGIF!!!
You may want to check your calendar, because I'm fairly certain that today is Monday. :sad:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #6022 on: October 22, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »
TGIF!!!

That girl in France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6023 on: October 22, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6024 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:16 AM »

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:10:43 AM by kyndo »

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6027 on: October 22, 2018, 01:43:48 PM »
My wife and her friends went to a wedding in Daejeon at the weekend.  They don't meet up so often so decided to stay in the Lotte Hotel in Daejeon for a night.  On Sunday, she got woken up by the sound of water.  She looked in the bathroom and there was water pissing out from all light fittings and any gaps in the ceiling.  We're not talking dripping, we're talking an almost waterfall.  The hotel's reaction at the weekend was not satisfactory.  So I wrote the complaint email today with a copy of the video my wife took, but trying to find an email address online is almost impossible.   >:(

Damn. That's bad. Like, first off, the Lotte Hotels are branded and marketed as slightly fancy. Also, they are slightly better than what you'd get with your basic economy accommodation.

What was their reaction? If they offered anything less than a full refund, free stay voucher, or gift certificate equal to or greater than the cost of the room, that's totally unacceptable.

Fancy hotels should generally operate under the premise that if they screw anything up beyond like, a simple minor inconvenience, you shouldn't be paying for your room. Having a flooded bathroom definitely qualifies.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6028 on: October 22, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »
My wife and her friends went to a wedding in Daejeon at the weekend.  They don't meet up so often so decided to stay in the Lotte Hotel in Daejeon for a night.  On Sunday, she got woken up by the sound of water.  She looked in the bathroom and there was water pissing out from all light fittings and any gaps in the ceiling.  We're not talking dripping, we're talking an almost waterfall.  The hotel's reaction at the weekend was not satisfactory.  So I wrote the complaint email today with a copy of the video my wife took, but trying to find an email address online is almost impossible.   >:(

Damn. That's bad. Like, first off, the Lotte Hotels are branded and marketed as slightly fancy. Also, they are slightly better than what you'd get with your basic economy accommodation.

What was their reaction? If they offered anything less than a full refund, free stay voucher, or gift certificate equal to or greater than the cost of the room, that's totally unacceptable.

Fancy hotels should generally operate under the premise that if they screw anything up beyond like, a simple minor inconvenience, you shouldn't be paying for your room. Having a flooded bathroom definitely qualifies.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcho1

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6029 on: October 22, 2018, 01:59:25 PM »

Dang. That dude has some serious experience.

I wonder if he's actually competent, or if he's just been coasting for 30 years.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6030 on: October 22, 2018, 03:04:32 PM »

Dang. That dude has some serious experience.

I wonder if he's actually competent, or if he's just been coasting for 30 years.

Can't see it, due to not having linkedin. What happens? :o

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6031 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »
it stuff like this which makes korea's defamation laws look ridiculous

"our hotel stay was very bad. water was spraying out of light fitting and the ceiling. the hotel's reaction was also very unsatisfactory"

"we are suing you for defamation!"

it's really no surprise their reaction was unsatisfactory. if you can't write an honest review about your stay, what incentive do they have to make sure you feel satisfactorily compensated?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6032 on: October 22, 2018, 04:39:30 PM »

It's basically a resume listing very extensive work experience. And I don't think you need to have linkedin to view pages: I don't and I can read it just fine.

Pic of overachiever's profile is in attachment.  :smiley:

The reason I sent it was so that you could ask him for a connection / send a complaint high enough up to the food chain to get action.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #6033 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
It's basically a resume listing very extensive work experience....
The reason I sent it was so that you could ask him for a connection / send a complaint high enough up to the food chain to get action.
You're right, I shouldn't have linked that. Apologies, I'll remove my post.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6034 on: October 23, 2018, 08:32:02 AM »

actually, it gave me the "If you make a linkedin account, you can view pages for free!"
and there was no way to close it to see the actual link. :o
I'll check again and see if I can though.

EDIT: Yeah, same thing. It's trying to get me to sign up to view it.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #6035 on: October 23, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »

actually, it gave me the "If you make a linkedin account, you can view pages for free!"

Try linking to that site in Incognito, with a VPN, or after clearing your cache. Could be that cookies are messing up your ability to view the page?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6036 on: October 23, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »

Try linking to that site in Incognito, with a VPN, or after clearing your cache. Could be that cookies are messing up your ability to view the page?

Same with cache cleared and incognito mode. Too lazy, and don't care enough, to bother with a VPN though :p

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6037 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54:15 AM »

Same with cache cleared and incognito mode. Too lazy, and don't care enough, to bother with a VPN though :p

You won't be able to send a message or get contact info without an account.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6038 on: October 23, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »

You won't be able to send a message or get contact info without an account.

Was only interested in reading the link was posted. I'm not sure what I'd need contact info or to send a message. :p

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6039 on: October 23, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
I got into the habit of going to the gym in the evenings, and I haven't had a proper early morning workout in about a year.

Finally decided to give it a go this morning despite not getting more than four hours sleep last night.

Now all I want to do is take a nap. Probably should have experimented with this on Friday.