December 17, 2018, 08:08:20 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 855015 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6000 on: October 15, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »

Feel free to pass along my number to her. ;P (just kidding :P ) 010 3283 97233
Just kidding until one highlights the text, right? Sneaky!  :wink:

Busted! :P

Just like your mom, it's got one too many digits in there.

(Don't report me, twas a joke).

'
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6001 on: October 15, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »

Feel free to pass along my number to her. ;P (just kidding :P ) 010 3283 97233
Just kidding until one highlights the text, right? Sneaky!  :wink:

Busted! :P

Just like your mom, it's got one too many digits in there.

(Don't report me, twas a joke).

'

Rofl.

I was literally only kidding myself. :P Just bored at work, and thought this might spark a few interesting comments to keep me occupied for a moment lol

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6002 on: October 17, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »
I wanted to post in the Rant thread today but I feel like there's enough anger and irritation on this site atm, and I don't want to be the one who catapults another dumpster into that.

So I'm going to choose a middle ground and be a little passive aggressive instead.

Online sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6003 on: October 17, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
I wanted to post in the Rant thread today but I feel like there's enough anger and irritation on this site atm, and I don't want to be the one who catapults another dumpster into that.

So I'm going to choose a middle ground and be a little passive aggressive instead.

I literally check Coupang for pumpkin spice things constantly these days. I have bought a few jars of pumpkin butter and a few cans of pumpkin (because I have like 4 containers of pumpkin spice at home) so I can make pumpkin spice bread. But literally, it seems like the only stuff they have are crappy "gluten free" pumpkin bread boxes, RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED pumpkin spice coffee and creamer, and then weird random things like pumpkin spice cacao that you're supposed to use like coffee... but you know, without the goodness of coffee. It's so aggravating. I've been thinking about buying some stuff on Target or Amazon and just shipping it via Box Oregon.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6004 on: October 17, 2018, 11:27:27 AM »
I literally check Coupang for pumpkin spice things constantly these days. I have bought a few jars of pumpkin butter and a few cans of pumpkin (because I have like 4 containers of pumpkin spice at home) so I can make pumpkin spice bread. But literally, it seems like the only stuff they have are crappy "gluten free" pumpkin bread boxes, RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED pumpkin spice coffee and creamer, and then weird random things like pumpkin spice cacao that you're supposed to use like coffee... but you know, without the goodness of coffee. It's so aggravating. I've been thinking about buying some stuff on Target or Amazon and just shipping it via Box Oregon.

Yeah, I've been seeing posts and pictures of all of the wonderful pumpkin spice things available back home right now, and not a single one has made it onto Coupang. There's a huge market for stuff like that over here, and overpriced non-coffee isn't going to do it for us.

Did you know they have pumpkin spice cereals right now? I want pumpkin spice cereal. I want this stuff, just ****** make it available and take my money!!!

I'm about to order a bunch of stuff from Amazon just so that I can stick a few pumpkin spice things in to it, too. Coupang has disappointed me this year.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:30:24 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #6005 on: October 17, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »

Yeah, I've been seeing posts and pictures of all of the wonderful pumpkin spice things available back home right now, and not a single one has made it onto Coupang. There's a huge market for stuff like that over here, and overpriced non-coffee isn't going to do it for us.

Did you know they have pumpkin spice cereals right now? I want pumpkin spice cereal. I want this stuff, just ****** make it available and take my money!!!

I'm about to order a bunch of stuff from Amazon just so that I can stick a few pumpkin spice things in to it, too. Coupang has disappointed me this year.

If anyone knows where to buy a pumpkin, I would be much appreciative. I'd love to carve one this year.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #6006 on: October 17, 2018, 11:44:14 AM »
If anyone knows where to buy a pumpkin, I would be much appreciative. I'd love to carve one this year.

Near 갈치호수

http://youtu.be/gX6BQWNZvow?t=234

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #6007 on: October 17, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »

Near 갈치호수

Thank you very much!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #6008 on: October 17, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »

Near 갈치호수

Thank you very much!

If you actually go there................. hahaha let me know.,

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6009 on: October 18, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »
I really do love when my students send me little notes or letters to my office. They brighten my day and are guaranteed to cheer me up. On the other hand though, 90% of the time I have no idea who the student is. I wish it were easier to remember all these names and faces  :cry:
The World Ends With You

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6010 on: October 18, 2018, 08:00:01 AM »
I really do love when my students send me little notes or letters to my office. They brighten my day and are guaranteed to cheer me up. On the other hand though, 90% of the time I have no idea who the student is. I wish it were easier to remember all these names and faces  :cry:

About a week ago, one of my students made me a little bowl, nothing fancy, it was made out of some hard cardboard or something. They gave it to another teacher to give to me, and I don't know which student it was. :o
It's really neat, like they actually put in a bit of effort into it.
That really cheered me up :D

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6011 on: October 18, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »

About a week ago, one of my students made me a little bowl, nothing fancy, it was made out of some hard cardboard or something. They gave it to another teacher to give to me, and I don't know which student it was. :o

It's so kind! But then it becomes hard to thank them hahaha
The World Ends With You

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6012 on: October 18, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »

It's so kind! But then it becomes hard to thank them hahaha

Yeah, I tried asking the teacher. The teacher doesn't speak English, but she understood, and basically put in the korean for "Wishes to remain anonymous" into a translator.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #6013 on: October 18, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
What the hell are talking about?  I have never ever read so much nonse......
*checks under Kyndo's profile picture and sees 'Moderator'*
Oh ho, erm, crikey, anyway, that's fine Kyndo.  Don't worry about it.  Look we'll call it quits.
Look I just need to go to my car.  Wait a second.
*walks off sheepishly, slams the door, running down steps noise, hear a tyre screech, and then a plane taking off*
I imagine that Kyndo has asked their school's administration for a slightly larger office chair for their classroom, to celebrate this new happening.
Yeah, I thought Arsalan was joking. Imagine my surprise when I logged in this morning. But I can roll with it.

And I fully intend to celebrate by editing everybody's posts so that you all sound just as ridiculous as me.   :evil:
   Also, AvecPommesFrites was spot on with her Kim-Jeong-Un-gif-personality-assessment post: I don't actually have one of those cool office chairs in most of my classrooms, just podiums.   :sad:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:47:19 PM by kyndo »

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6014 on: October 18, 2018, 12:47:18 PM »
Since the middle of the August, the dust has not been that bad and in Chungnam has been around or under 70 (aqicn).  But last Sunday was up to 140 and was until Tuesday and it's given me a massive sore throat.  >:(  Can't work out whether the time without dust made me more sensitive to when it would came roaring back.  Spring and early summer was awful, but I don't remember suffering from an actual sore throat during that time.  :undecided:

I took pics to see just how bad it was. Both of these are just a day apart in the morning outside my apartment
The World Ends With You

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6015 on: October 18, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
Since the middle of the August, the dust has not been that bad and in Chungnam has been around or under 70 (aqicn).  But last Sunday was up to 140 and was until Tuesday and it's given me a massive sore throat.  >:(  Can't work out whether the time without dust made me more sensitive to when it would came roaring back.  Spring and early summer was awful, but I don't remember suffering from an actual sore throat during that time.  :undecided:
this year is the first year i've noticed sore throats from the air. not sure if it's because i'm more sensitive to it recently, or it's worse this year, or a mixture of the both

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6016 on: October 18, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »

I took pics to see just how bad it was. Both of these are just a day apart in the morning outside my apartment

I thought that was Halifax, Canada after and before grass was legalized.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6017 on: October 19, 2018, 09:33:44 AM »
I miss Weikgookin77 or waygook77 or whatever his name is/was rants about 'aren't you cold?'.

Someone wanna fire up an aren't you cold rant or thread? I can't be bothered to search it.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #6018 on: October 19, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »
He's back under the name hangook77 ... but more into promoting Trump and Alex Jones these days. I miss the old him.  :cry:

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6019 on: October 22, 2018, 07:57:43 AM »
My school is divided into two sides. One for all the girls, and one for all the boys. It creates a giant 'H' with the two main hallways. Both sides have restrooms for both genders, mind you. In my search for a restroom with toilet paper (good luck, right?) I stumbled into the boys bathroom on the girl's side. It's as if the Ajumma who cleans has never been to this one, because there were several atrocities I witnessed in there. The only clean stall was missing a toilet seat, and still no toilet paper in sight. :cry:

EDIT: Literally witnessed the VP using a urinal and leaving without washing his hands. This is the same guy that I high-five every morning. :blank:

I went back to this particular restroom today, just to see if things have improved. One of the urinals has not stopped flushing since last week, and 3 out of the 4 stalls are now clogged with poo.  4th toilet still has no seat. At this point, it's a health hazard, but I'm sure the ajumma must be doing her best to solve this problem!
The World Ends With You