December 11, 2018, 03:59:43 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 846462 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #5980 on: October 04, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
Christopher Robin was totally worth watching. It's a family movie based on Winnie the Pooh, so there is some cheesiness there, especially with how unnatural and forced Christopher Robin's rediscovery of his childhood wonder felt at times, but nothing unbearable.

And honestly, I still thought the horror trailer of Christopher Robin was cute. Winnie the Pooh is infallible.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5981 on: October 05, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »
Anyone here visit the Jinju Light Festival before?

Is it worth it?

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #5982 on: October 05, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »

Is it worth it?

I went on Tuesday night and Wednesday during the day with my girlfriend. It was really pretty (mostly at night) and there was  a lot to see. I really like walking around the Jinju fortress in general, but it was especially nice with all the lanterns. There were also lots of food stands/merchants and stuff set up along the river. Overall, I got some cool pictures and enjoyed walking around.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5983 on: October 05, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »

Is it worth it?

I went on Tuesday night and Wednesday during the day with my girlfriend. It was really pretty (mostly at night) and there was  a lot to see. I really like walking around the Jinju fortress in general, but it was especially nice with all the lanterns. There were also lots of food stands/merchants and stuff set up along the river. Overall, I got some cool pictures and enjoyed walking around.

Thanks. I've been wanting to go, but Jinju is really out of the way for me. Don't really want to go if it's something you can do in an hour and that's it.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5984 on: October 05, 2018, 10:28:20 AM »
Definitely worth it, and probably the nicest festival I've been to here.  Been twice in my time here.  When it's dark then it looks really pretty and great for photos.  If you want to get a hotel just turn up early in the afternoon and get one.  The later you arrive with no booking, the further away from the fun your hotel is likely to be.

Thanks.

I feel confident about going, now, lol.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5985 on: October 05, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
Man. I've been here for a long ass time, and when I first got here I used to go all over the place, checking out festivals and exploring other places, etc.

Now, if something's more than like an hour from my house, I absolutely can't be bothered to go.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5986 on: October 05, 2018, 12:07:17 PM »
Man. I've been here for a long ass time, and when I first got here I used to go all over the place, checking out festivals and exploring other places, etc.

Now, if something's more than like an hour from my house, I absolutely can't be bothered to go.

You're singing the song of my people, brother.
First 18 months I was out every weekend, and even visiting neighbouring cities in the week.
Friends moved on, Korea stayed the same , I got married and I learned to appreciate the simpler things more.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5987 on: October 05, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
Enjoy the rainy weekend, everyone.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5988 on: October 06, 2018, 04:21:31 PM »
Think pickle pizza will ever be a thing in Korea?

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #5989 on: October 06, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
I'm planning an entire month of Halloween themed lessons and crafts for my kids since they've improved in leaps and bounds since first semester.

I'm planning that on Halloween itself I can throw a small party with carnival type games that 1 kid leads and then switch out every 10 minutes so everyone can play and everyone can lead and everyone can win candy.

I hope they let us wear costumes, I'm gonna ask Monday if we can.

What's everyone doing for Halloween at school? Anyone else excited to do a classroom party?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5990 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:45 AM »
First time I've ever used Da Vinci Resolve. This is a trial run for the Ansan tourism videos I'll be making later this month after I'm done filming.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5991 on: October 15, 2018, 08:20:28 AM »
I went to a wedding on Saturday of a teacher at my school.  I met my old co-teacher who was there too.  We worked together for two years, but she moved to a different school last year.  She's about 30 years old and we were talking about her blind dates.  She said she's had a date with this guy three times, he's good-looking, tall etc.  But she said even after three dates she thinks there is no connection.  She said she'll meet him again this week for the fourth time.  It got me thinking, how many dates would you have before you give up flogging a dead horse?  You've noted their appearance, ok.  But if after three dates you still have awkward style conversation, surely that's a definite no-no.
You missed your window, bro.
The conversation wasn't about him at all.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5992 on: October 15, 2018, 08:38:15 AM »
I went to a wedding on Saturday of a teacher at my school.  I met my old co-teacher who was there too.  We worked together for two years, but she moved to a different school last year.  She's about 30 years old and we were talking about her blind dates.  She said she's had a date with this guy three times, he's good-looking, tall etc.  But she said even after three dates she thinks there is no connection.  She said she'll meet him again this week for the fourth time.  It got me thinking, how many dates would you have before you give up flogging a dead horse?  You've noted their appearance, ok.  But if after three dates you still have awkward style conversation, surely that's a definite no-no.

Isn't Dave married? Not that being married would stop everyone, but...

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5993 on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:03 AM »

I'd say two maximum before you give up. But if she prioritizes looks over an emotional connection, that's on her.
The World Ends With You

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5994 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
It's not about liking the guy it's about finding out about his finances and whether you can pop out 1 kid and sit on your arse for the next 18-60 years.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5995 on: October 15, 2018, 10:11:34 AM »
My school is divided into two sides. One for all the girls, and one for all the boys. It creates a giant 'H' with the two main hallways. Both sides have restrooms for both genders, mind you. In my search for a restroom with toilet paper (good luck, right?) I stumbled into the boys bathroom on the girl's side. It's as if the Ajumma who cleans has never been to this one, because there were several atrocities I witnessed in there. The only clean stall was missing a toilet seat, and still no toilet paper in sight. :cry:

EDIT: Literally witnessed the VP using a urinal and leaving without washing his hands. This is the same guy that I high-five every morning. :blank:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:26:27 AM by JVPrice »
The World Ends With You

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5996 on: October 15, 2018, 10:33:08 AM »
My school is divided into two sides. One for all the girls, and one for all the boys. It creates a giant 'H' with the two main hallways. Both sides have restrooms for both genders, mind you. In my search for a restroom with toilet paper (good luck, right?) I stumbled into the boys bathroom on the girl's side. It's as if the Ajumma who cleans has never been to this one, because there were several atrocities I witnessed in there. The only clean stall was missing a toilet seat, and still no toilet paper in sight. :cry:

EDIT: Literally witnessed the VP using a urinal and leaving without washing his hands. This is the same guy that I high-five every morning. :blank:

I use the principal's toilet. Like a 5* hotel in there.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5997 on: October 15, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »

Isn't Dave married? Not that being married would stop everyone, but...

Yes, I am.  But, she was also ten years younger than me, which would have been too much of an age gap, even if I were single.  Very pretty, mind, and we got on really well. 

I use the principal's toilet. Like a 5* hotel in there.

You earned it, Avec!!

Feel free to pass along my number to her. ;P (just kidding :P )

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #5998 on: October 15, 2018, 01:24:24 PM »

Feel free to pass along my number to her. ;P (just kidding :P ) 010 3283 97233
Just kidding until one highlights the text, right? Sneaky!  :wink:

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5999 on: October 15, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »

Feel free to pass along my number to her. ;P (just kidding :P ) 010 3283 97233
Just kidding until one highlights the text, right? Sneaky!  :wink:

Busted! :P