July 19, 2018, 09:48:57 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 733537 times)

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #5380 on: May 15, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »
Who has had their morning coffee then?

I'm on cup 2. Illy, yum yum!

Black and strong for me. Occasionally a splash of milk when I get an urge for something lighter but it doesn't happen often.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5381 on: May 15, 2018, 07:28:45 AM »
I like my coffee, like I like my women...

...in a cup.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 신의 모드 아재: 후레쉬~!
« Reply #5382 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »

...in a cup.

Do not Google Image search "women in a cup" in order to post a witty photo in response to Dave's comment.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5383 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »

...in a cup.

I like my coffee like I like my men......

Ground up in a tin.

;D
I didn't make this up sadly.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5384 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:58 AM »

...in a cup.
...with a spoon in it.   :huh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5385 on: May 15, 2018, 07:46:59 AM »
Good coffee - black.
Average coffee, however, can be used as a substrate for cream and sugar.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5386 on: May 15, 2018, 07:58:43 AM »
I have to use milk and sugar. I can drink black coffee if it's good, but I still prefer it mild, partially for taste, but also because I can't handle pure, unadulterated caffeine.

*slurps blasphemy*

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5387 on: May 15, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »
I like my coffee without any sugar. And without any milk. And without any form of coffee. And I like it cold, but not too cold. :p

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5388 on: May 15, 2018, 11:02:28 AM »
My rambling for the day.

Sort of related but also not about anyone in particular.

I feel really torn when it comes to disagreeing with people on the internet. It's often pointless/silly but sometimes I really want to. People can be so ridiculous.

I remember when I first joined this site, I said something stupid and I got schooled.

It changed my perspective a bit, even though I was only half a year in I felt like I knew it all. So the slight telling off really brought me back down to earth.

So yeah...I dunno.

Also I just love a good row, especially when I can win.  ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5389 on: May 15, 2018, 11:52:13 AM »
I like my coffee without any sugar. And without any milk. And without any form of coffee. And I like it cold, but not too cold. :p

Kalhua.  I like my coffee with kalhua.

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5390 on: May 15, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »

Kalhua.  I like my coffee with kalhua.

I like my cold water without any coffee. :P

Online JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5391 on: May 16, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
The girls here crack me up.

We're in the middle of a fire drill and everyone's moving to the school field. Get to the middle lobby area and of course there are two girls checking their makeup in the mirror. Heaven forbid this was a real fire, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did it then  :laugh:
The World Ends With You

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5392 on: May 16, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
The girls here crack me up.

We're in the middle of a fire drill and everyone's moving to the school field. Get to the middle lobby area and of course there are two girls checking their makeup in the mirror. Heaven forbid this was a real fire, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did it then  :laugh:

Ours is an earthquake drill at the moment, and there is a force ten gale outside.  Any adjustments before going outside will be pointless.  With these drills, I've kind of accepted my fate which previously was being found dead, upside down in a pub toilet.  How things change as you get older.   

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #5393 on: May 16, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
For our drill all the kids were shepherded out of the school building and straight into the gym :undecided:
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5394 on: May 16, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
For our drill all the kids were shepherded out of the school building and straight into the gym :undecided:

....which was filled with tigers.  Out of the frying pan and into the fire....  No where is safe. 

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #5395 on: May 16, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »
Wonder where they'll go for tomorrow's fire drill! Maybe the kitchen?
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5396 on: May 16, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »
I just found out that in the event of a fire I'm supposed to be guiding people out of the school. Has this always been my role? This is my 6th year at this school. I was just planning on running downstairs and breaking the locked emergency doors open with the fire-extinguisher stored next to them.

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #5397 on: May 16, 2018, 01:57:03 PM »
I just found out that in the event of a fire I'm supposed to be guiding people out of the school. Has this always been my role? This is my 6th year at this school. I was just planning on running downstairs and breaking the locked emergency doors open with the fire-extinguisher stored next to them.
Dude I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go during emergencies, because every time we have a drill they never come get me or they never tell me we're having one until after it's been done.

I don't even know where our fire exits are. At least you're one step above me haha

But seriously, why is this seemingly such a common thing. We just aren't briefed on safety measures I guess as a general

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5398 on: May 16, 2018, 03:20:59 PM »
Dude I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go during emergencies, because every time we have a drill they never come get me or they never tell me we're having one until after it's been done.

I don't even know where our fire exits are. At least you're one step above me haha

But seriously, why is this seemingly such a common thing. We just aren't briefed on safety measures I guess as a general

Because Koreans focus solely on the outcome, if no-one dies, it was fine.  They have no idea of prevention, or preparedness.  Every time there is a tragedy, there is a big boo-hoo, a culprit is found, and everyone goes back to doing the same thing as before.

Last year there were 2 fires, and many died due to badly parked cars obstructing the fire engines.  A stink was kicked up, but nothing changed, no crack downs on bad parking, just gnashing of teeth and wailing, then it happened again, and the reaction was the same, but people still park badly around public buildings.

Until Korea understands that prevention is better than cure, it will be viewed as a waste of time and money to prepare for something that may never happen.  Kind of the same thinking behind motorcyclist not wearing helmets here: "Well, i have never crashed, so i have never needed one"

Fire doors are still chained shut!

Remember the Sewol!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 신의 모드 아재: 후레쉬~!
« Reply #5399 on: May 17, 2018, 11:16:48 AM »
A bee made it in to my last classroom and the kids didn't completely freak out :shocked:

It was an actual bee, not a wasp, but it was still a big sucker.