October 18, 2018, 07:37:05 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 786156 times)

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #5220 on: April 25, 2018, 10:17:03 AM »
Well this is a first: One of my CoTs just had another CoT help give him acupuncture right here in the office.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5221 on: April 25, 2018, 10:20:08 AM »
Well this is a first: One of my CoTs just had another CoT help give him acupuncture right here in the office.
Actual acupuncture or the indigestion thumb pricking? I would be a bit scared and impressed if it's the former...

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5222 on: April 25, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
Actual acupuncture or the indigestion thumb pricking? I would be a bit scared and impressed if it's the former...

Actual acupuncture. He has the tube for tapping the needle in and everything.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5223 on: April 25, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »

Oh my. Ask him to do you next. I still haven't gone for it before, though I would like to to try to take care of some pain and scar tissue in my knees.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #5224 on: April 25, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »

Oh my. Ask him to do you next. I still haven't gone for it before, though I would like to to try to take care of some pain and scar tissue in my knees.
Doesn't getting acupuncture from somebody who barely knows what they're doing run the risk of deadening nerves?

I remember that, back in highschool when eyebrow piercings were all the rage, my friends would want to get them done, but couldn't afford/get permission for it, so we did it old-skool with an ice cube, a cork, some rubbing alcohol, and a safety pin. Must've pierced like 6 or 7 eyebrows. Years later I learned that home piercings can lead to eyebrow paralysis...  oops... :huh:

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5225 on: April 25, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
My school is having asbestos removed this summer.  In fact, our first semester will end a little earlier than usual.  I'm hoping and praying that this means that summer english camp will be cancelled and I won't have to deskwarm. 

I know it's not likely, but one can hope.......

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5226 on: April 25, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »
My school is having asbestos removed this summer.  In fact, our first semester will end a little earlier than usual.  I'm hoping and praying that this means that summer english camp will be cancelled and I won't have to deskwarm. 

Careful. My friend had this done and he couldn't go to school for the summer break (even to deskwarm) and then he had to make up all his days that Jan/Feb and had no time off then (not even a vacation).
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5227 on: April 25, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »

Careful. My friend had this done and he couldn't go to school for the summer break (even to deskwarm) and then he had to make up all his days that Jan/Feb and had no time off then (not even a vacation).

My contract ends at the end of August and I'm not renewing.  Believe me, I will make sure I have all my ducks in a row before being cheated out of something. 

I do appreciate the concern, though.

Online elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #5228 on: April 25, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »

I'm going to have a similar situation this year. I'll have to teach through most of January at my one school.  At least I'll still have February off.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5229 on: April 25, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »
The hen in the local 7/11 never says hello to me when I walk in. While I'm checking out the goods and I hear/see other folk walk into the store she greets them with a hello.  :sad:

To counter this. I always wait until I've collected my change or receipt before staring her down for a good few seconds, staring at the food/drinks and then eventually asking for a bag like this.... bag? Man, she looks so pissed every time. We could end this all if she'd acknowledge my presence like a normal human being when I walk through the door in the first place.

Not a good idea to play the passive aggressive game with me because I can't be beaten and I've got nothing to lose.  :wink:
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5230 on: April 25, 2018, 03:01:55 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that 95% of Korean phone conversations are completely pointless and a waste of time.

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #5231 on: April 25, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
A Korean phone conversation:

네?
네.
네 네 네!
네?
네~~~ *hangs up*

And Avec, lemme know if you finally crack her!

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5232 on: April 26, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »
So I chose to watch the new Avengers movie instead of sleep last night because friends were being assholes and kept talking about it.

Who else have seen it, already?

Online hulme187

• Veteran
« Reply #5233 on: April 26, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »
So I chose to watch the new Avengers movie instead of sleep last night because friends were being assholes and kept talking about it.

Over 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5234 on: April 26, 2018, 09:37:55 AM »

Over 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

I take it you don't consider that a worthy sacrifice.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5235 on: April 26, 2018, 01:00:09 PM »
The hen in the local 7/11 never says hello to me when I walk in. While I'm checking out the goods and I hear/see other folk walk into the store she greets them with a hello.  :sad:

To counter this. I always wait until I've collected my change or receipt before staring her down for a good few seconds, staring at the food/drinks and then eventually asking for a bag like this.... bag? Man, she looks so pissed every time. We could end this all if she'd acknowledge my presence like a normal human being when I walk through the door in the first place.

Not a good idea to play the passive aggressive game with me because I can't be beaten and I've got nothing to lose.  :wink:
The ranting thread is over there.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5236 on: April 26, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »
오늘 한국어 수업 시간에...

선생님 (학생에게): 내일은 네가 생일이에요. 뭐 먹을래요?

다른 학생: 여자 친구!
 :shocked: :shocked:
나밖에 안 들은 것 같아요...

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5237 on: April 26, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

The ranting thread is over there.
To add, this is the pettiest thing I've ever seen. haha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5238 on: April 26, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
오늘 한국어 수업 시간에...

선생님 (학생에게): 내일은 네가 생일이에요. 뭐 먹을래요?

다른 학생: 여자 친구!
 :shocked: :shocked:
나밖에 안 들은 것 같아요...

Gosh :3

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5239 on: April 26, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
Sat down and talked with one of my co-teachers over some tea. She asked me about classrooms in America, and started telling me how envious she was that parents back home stress good grades AND good behavior.

That said, I started wondering how the pay here for the average Korean teacher compares to the average American teacher. I know American teachers are waging protests these days for better pay, but she told me it's pretty bad here too.

Anyone know how it stacks up?
The World Ends With You