September 26, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 772374 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #5160 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »
I remember yirj getting picked on by some guy who had a problem with her calling the creep who was stalking and harassing her a creep. She didn't really respond to him, she's pretty good about not rising to bait on here in general. xD

And Kayos, I can't remember a specific instance for you, but I'm positive I've read some underhanded snark and shade tossed at you, too, during when waygook.org still had a ton of toxic trolls hovering around. You may not have noticed because you tend to hit and run, but then you may not have given enough fucks to have noticed, either.

Anyway, I agree with kyndo, a lot of personal attacks that go on here are just mean-spirited and unnecessary. I get that people are irritable during the week, but maybe join a gym instead of beating up on random folks. Or at least find some middle ground somewhere.

@ coffee talk: G7 is the only instant coffee I can drink as is. Everything else I've got to mix with something else, like cocoa. Don't judge me, you do what you got to do.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:37:30 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #5161 on: April 20, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
Oh man you guys are gonna hate me, I buy those little mix packets with the powdered milk and sugar already in them.

I planned on jut living with those until I left since the Homeplus nearby wanting an outrageous amount of money for a tiny coffee pot.

I completely forgot about Gmarket lmao

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5162 on: April 20, 2018, 07:04:16 AM »
Do try the spring Kanu then, as there isn't the slightest burnt aftertaste. I did one normal and one spring in my coffee tumbler yesterday, and it came out tasting strong enough and smooth. The only bad part is that Kanu isn't cheap, but I figure it is easy, and in my opinion, tastes much better than the other stuff. One to stay away from is LOCO coffee (I think that is it), or Loofa, or something...man that stuff is bad - nice packaging though. Also, you have to be careful with the G7. The real Vietnamese G7 line is good and smooth, but there is I guess what is a knockoff (Korean version?) that has a pretty bad aftertaste. If it is really cheap, then it is probably not the Vietnamese G7.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5163 on: April 20, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »
Truth, as much as I hate instant (on its own), I can't stand badly brewed coffee even more.

Boredom, and the fact that both users are kind of prominent. Turns you into a target. Everyone who posts regularly has been roasted, flamed or trolled here. xD Even super sweet yirj.

It was just CO2's turn because apancoe has had enough of people's shit and wants to give everyone something to read.

Yirj got roasted? I must've missed that!
It was by #basedcowboyshirt, wasn't it? Because of the "super sweet" bit.

Anyway, people need to chill out: leave the ad hominem attacks to the good folk on the political threads.  :afro:

I am what I eat.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5164 on: April 20, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
Do try the spring Kanu then, as there isn't the slightest burnt aftertaste. I did one normal and one spring in my coffee tumbler yesterday, and it came out tasting strong enough and smooth. The only bad part is that Kanu isn't cheap, but I figure it is easy, and in my opinion, tastes much better than the other stuff. One to stay away from is LOCO coffee (I think that is it), or Loofa, or something...man that stuff is bad - nice packaging though. Also, you have to be careful with the G7. The real Vietnamese G7 line is good and smooth, but there is I guess what is a knockoff (Korean version?) that has a pretty bad aftertaste. If it is really cheap, then it is probably not the Vietnamese G7.

So I tried some G7 recently and it might have been that kind because it was awful with the worst bitter burnt aftertaste.

Whilst we're talking about Vietnamese coffee though.... Actual Vietnamese iced coffee in Vietnam. With those little dripper things and condensed milk. The most DELICIOUS thing I've ever had. Would kill for one of those today!

Offline elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #5165 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

So I tried some G7 recently and it might have been that kind because it was awful with the worst bitter burnt aftertaste.

Whilst we're talking about Vietnamese coffee though.... Actual Vietnamese iced coffee in Vietnam. With those little dripper things and condensed milk. The most DELICIOUS thing I've ever had. Would kill for one of those today!

Mmmm... that or egg coffee. Soooo good!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5166 on: April 20, 2018, 07:48:13 AM »
Truth, as much as I hate instant (on its own), I can't stand badly brewed coffee even more.

Boredom, and the fact that both users are kind of prominent. Turns you into a target. Everyone who posts regularly has been roasted, flamed or trolled here. xD Even super sweet yirj.

It was just CO2's turn because apancoe has had enough of people's shit and wants to give everyone something to read.

Yirj got roasted? I must've missed that!
It was by #basedcowboyshirt, wasn't it? Because of the "super sweet" bit.

Anyway, people need to chill out: leave the ad hominem attacks to the good folk on the political threads.  :afro:

Haha, naw. Waygook.org user yirj17 is cool.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5167 on: April 20, 2018, 07:48:35 AM »
Happy April 20th!

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5168 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:49 AM »
I guess it's the Korean knock-off brand that I've been seeing around in Emart (or was it Home Plus?) and some small marts. The stuff I get is provided at a local foreign foods mart and is definitely imported, though. xD
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:54:27 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
« Reply #5169 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
I love field trips. It's Friday and all but one of my classes is canceled. It's going to be a great day!  8)  ;D

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #5170 on: April 20, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
I had a dream last night where I kept running into Gong Yoo, and he kept saying, "Nice to meeting you," and it was all I could do to stop myself from telling him, "No I-N-G!"

A friend got me a Gong Yoo pillow as a joke. Now he haunts my dreams.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5171 on: April 20, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
I love field trips. It's Friday and all but one of my classes is canceled. It's going to be a great day!  8)  ;D

I was told the sports students were going to be out today for a game, so I was pretty happy that classes would go from pretty good/fine to really good/great (As they are okay kids, but are noisy). It turns out they leave after 3rd period, and I had/have them 1st and 3rd.  :huh: Oh well. At least it is Friday!

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5172 on: April 20, 2018, 09:05:31 AM »
So, the pigeon mum has left and there are two almost adult looking pigeons poking their heads over the nest side when the students walk past.  All of this made me do some research about pigeons, so they'll probably fly off next week and never to come back.  Apparently, pigeons grow quicker and look older than almost all other birds.  They're only 2 weeks old and they're already about 15 cms long. 

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5173 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
I had a dream last night where I kept running into Gong Yoo, and he kept saying, "Nice to meeting you," and it was all I could do to stop myself from telling him, "No I-N-G!"

I have a crush on Gong Yoo. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #5174 on: April 20, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »

I have a feeling this will be happening soon!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5175 on: April 20, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »
I guess it's the Korean knock-off brand that I've been seeing around in Emart (or was it Home Plus?) and some small marts. The stuff I get is provided at a local foreign foods mart and is definitely imported, though. xD

I've never seen the Korean knockoff brand, but the most I've ever paid for a smallish box was like 2,000, and it was 100% legit. I'm going to keep my eyes out for the knockoff one, though.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5176 on: April 20, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »
Korean logic?

Leave leftover fried chicken out overnight.

Sliced bread must go in the fridge instantly!

:undecided: 

Not that anybody is likely to die from eating day-old chicken (or so i'd hope) but the bread is gonna be fine if left out a day or few.  No reason to prematurely harden/dry it  :cry:

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #5177 on: April 20, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
When you in the bathroom at 3 am outside of a makgolli chip and taking a pee. Instead of looking at the hook-up bar advertisement you take a lil peek next to you and tell homeboy that it's small af. Homeboy half drunk so he gets insecure and starts challenging you, but yo date still be waiting so you say let's save it for another time and follow each other on insta.  :police:

Offline JVPrice

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5178 on: April 20, 2018, 01:34:22 PM »
Next week:

1st Graders going on a week long field trip

2nd Graders have exams

Foreign Teacher ready for an easy week
The World Ends With You

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5179 on: April 20, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
When you in the bathroom at 3 am outside of a makgolli chip and taking a pee. Instead of looking at the hook-up bar advertisement you take a lil peek next to you and tell homeboy that it's small af. Homeboy half drunk so he gets insecure and starts challenging you, but yo date still be waiting so you say let's save it for another time and follow each other on insta.  :police:

I refuse to believe this is a real account. hahahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free