September 24, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 771686 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #5120 on: April 19, 2018, 11:45:02 AM »
aren't you the dude that legit only got your TESOL and came to korea because you were following some random korean chick you worked with at a movie theatre in canada?? and then she shut you down at the airport the day you showed up?

and aren't you the same dude that flew to indonesia to try and profess your love for ANOTHER chick but had everything backfire in your face again? how do you not read the signs and understand that maybe this isn't the smartest move to make, or maybe the chick isn't into you but doesn't know how to kindly tell you as much.

Regarding Korea: I take issue with your "random" Korean woman. You seem to know the story, so why name her that? We were dating a while in Canada and we loved each other. Yes, the reason I'm here is her. To say otherwise would be untrue.

Regarding Indonesia, blame is to be apportioned appropriately. She told me that she was still seeing her boyfriend 4 days after I'd showed up there. Sorry, that's on her. I don't chase married/in relationship women. If she'd just been HONEST about it, I wouldn't have been so persistent.

And the persistence is on me, too. I don't harass, and I don't stalk. But I make my intentions very clear. We still remain on good terms. And I'm dating here in Korea at the moment.

I know who I am and I know what I want. And when the love works, my lord does it work. You know two romantic things of my life from the last 8 years of my life. Y'ain't got the whole picture, bud.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5121 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Wonder what teaching/living in Taiwan is like. Made some Taiwanese friends who are studying Korean for their "vacation" and they told me to come teach there  :laugh:

Been meaning to at least check out the place for fun.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5122 on: April 19, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »
Wonder what teaching/living in Taiwan is like. Made some Taiwanese friends who are studying Korean for their "vacation" and they told me to come teach there  :laugh:

I worked in Hsin Xu paralegally for a month or two at a private elementary school, back in 2007, and it was fantastic. Got to experience a few typhoons, and that was worth the trip by itself. Bought a bunch of cheap jade and amber, drank a lot of mango slushies, and thoroughly enjoyed the night-life.
   Things would need to go seriously wrong for somebody to not enjoy their time in Taiwan.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5123 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »
Regarding Indonesia, blame is to be apportioned appropriately. She told me that she was still seeing her boyfriend 4 days after I'd showed up there. Sorry, that's on her. I don't chase married/in relationship women. If she'd just been HONEST about it, I wouldn't have been so persistent.

Glad you're not blinded by rose colored lenses. Honestly thought that was seriously inconsiderate of her but hey. To still be on good terms after something like that, you are the bigger person than I'd have been. 

Good to know you're truckin' along.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5124 on: April 19, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »

I worked in Hsin Xu paralegally for a month or two at a private elementary school, back in 2007, and it was fantastic. Got to experience a few typhoons, and that was worth the trip by itself. Bought a bunch of cheap jade and amber, drank a lot of mango slushies, and thoroughly enjoyed the night-life.
   Things would need to go seriously wrong for somebody to not enjoy their time in Taiwan.

Only a month or two?? So perhaps it's possible (I've yet to do any research) to literally go there for a working vacation?

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5125 on: April 19, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »
Could you just imagine a country of expats? Wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be pretty nice I'd say

That's essentially how the US started out. Apparently once expats live somewhere long enough, they start to really dislike new expats coming along.

Is that before or after the Native Americans?  :sad:

Native Americans didn't start the US, expats did, haha. They were there, but I'm sure if they had their druthers, the US never would've gotten its start. They got the short end of the stick there, to put it extremely mildly.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5126 on: April 19, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »

Glad you're not blinded by rose colored lenses. Honestly thought that was seriously inconsiderate of her but hey. To still be on good terms after something like that, you are the bigger person than I'd have been. 

I went hoping I could convince her to give it a shot. It didn't work. Worst case Ontario, I got to see a new country with free local guides. And I had a tinder date down there that went swimmingly well  :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Did I get what I want? No. But to call it a wash would be a mistake.

Also, I'm not a bigger person, haha, but thanks. If everyone I met held all my shitty behaviour and mistakes against me, I wouldn't have many friends.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5127 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »

Yeah, I'd have told her to truck off, personally. Where the tr is replaced by a single, different letter.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5128 on: April 19, 2018, 01:01:29 PM »
Yeah, I'd have told her to truck off, personally. Where the tr is replaced by a single, different letter.

An S?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5129 on: April 19, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »

An S?

*in Peter Griffin's voice* Perhaps. :p

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5130 on: April 19, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »

Only a month or two?? So perhaps it's possible (I've yet to do any research) to literally go there for a working vacation?
      Yeah, it really depends on how comfortable you are working for under the table payments.
      My sister worked at a school where one of the other teachers flubbed a flip on his bmx and broke a bunch of bones. I was finishing up a contract in Japan, so was able to skip over and fill in for a while until they got a permanent replacement.
   I even got an expensive, slightly dinged bike to ride around on for the duration of my stay, which was awesome!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #5131 on: April 19, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
I went hoping I could convince her to give it a shot. It didn't work. Worst case Ontario, I got to see a new country with free local guides. And I had a tinder date down there that went swimmingly well  :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Did I get what I want? No. But to call it a wash would be a mistake.

Also, I'm not a bigger person, haha, but thanks. If everyone I met held all my shitty behaviour and mistakes against me, I wouldn't have many friends.

What's the best case Ontario? :laugh:

At least you gave it a shot and needn't be plagued with more "what if's."  More life experience gained, yo.  If you're ever round Busan, give a holler!  Make some new friends~

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5132 on: April 19, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »

Haha, that's what Ontarians say instead of worst case scenario.

Best case Ontario? I flew there and she told me she loved me, too, then revealed that she was actually loaded and we flew around the world, going anywhere we wanted and there was a lot of naughtiness involved after dark. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5133 on: April 19, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »

Haha, that's what Ontarians say instead of worst case scenario.

Best case Ontario? I flew there and she told me she loved me, too, then revealed that she was actually loaded and we flew around the world, going anywhere we wanted and there was a lot of naughtiness involved after dark.

Worst case, Ontario; best case, Newfoundland & Labrador.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5134 on: April 19, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »
Only when fishing for unemployment cheques.  :wink:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5135 on: April 19, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »
Only when fishing for unemployment cheques.  :wink:

Kiss the cod, 바이.

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #5136 on: April 19, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
aren't you the dude that legit only got your TESOL and came to korea because you were following some random korean chick you worked with at a movie theatre in canada?? and then she shut you down at the airport the day you showed up?

and aren't you the same dude that flew to indonesia to try and profess your love for ANOTHER chick but had everything backfire in your face again? how do you not read the signs and understand that maybe this isn't the smartest move to make, or maybe the chick isn't into you but doesn't know how to kindly tell you as much.

Regarding Korea: I take issue with your "random" Korean woman. You seem to know the story, so why name her that? We were dating a while in Canada and we loved each other. Yes, the reason I'm here is her. To say otherwise would be untrue.

And the persistence is on me, too. I don't harass, and I don't stalk. But I make my intentions very clear. We still remain on good terms. And I'm dating here in Korea at the moment.

I know who I am and I know what I want. And when the love works, my lord does it work. You know two romantic things of my life from the last 8 years of my life. Y'ain't got the whole picture, bud.

kevin - i don't know that chick's name because the only thing i can remember about your story is thinking...my man PLAYED HIMSELF so hard.

indonesia - same deal...you get bent about some chick that obviously doesn't feel the same way about you and you get stuck up AGAIN after flying to meet her in a different country. "she told he she was still seeing her bf AFTER i got there" Yeahhh man i woulda probably made sure of all that before i GOT ON A PLANE or spin it so you come out smelling fresh ..."i had a few tinder dates while i was there ;)))"  i bet bro...i bet you cleaned up on Tinder (a f*cking app) with all those traditionally loose muslim girls that indonesia is famous for.

you said i don't have the whole picture...that's fair. for real...that's a fair point.

if all this happened and you said somethin like "i dont know how it happened, but i got blinded by the light man" or "yeahhh i kinda played myself but love makes me do crazy sht" ... i would be like, cheers bro...that's the truth huh ...  but you always spin it to make yourself look as cool as the Fonz or like you were a victim of love. get outttttttta here with that - i think you get gassed up by all these people on here because they're just being nice or they're literally bored out of their skulls so they comment on your zany life updates.
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #5137 on: April 19, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »

kevin - i don't know that chick's name because the only thing i can remember about your story is thinking...my man PLAYED HIMSELF so hard.

indonesia - same deal...you get bent about some chick that obviously doesn't feel the same way about you and you get stuck up AGAIN after flying to meet her in a different country. "she told he she was still seeing her bf AFTER i got there" Yeahhh man i woulda probably made sure of all that before i GOT ON A PLANE or spin it so you come out smelling fresh ..."i had a few tinder dates while i was there ;)))"  i bet bro...i bet you cleaned up on Tinder (a f*cking app) with all those traditionally loose muslim girls that indonesia is famous for.

you said i don't have the whole picture...that's fair. for real...that's a fair point.

if all this happened and you said somethin like "i dont know how it happened, but i got blinded by the light man" or "yeahhh i kinda played myself but love makes me do crazy sht" ... i would be like, cheers bro...that's the truth huh ...  but you always spin it to make yourself look as cool as the Fonz or like you were a victim of love. get outttttttta here with that - i think you get gassed up by all these people on here because they're just being nice or they're literally bored out of their skulls so they comment on your zany life updates.

I literally have no clue what any of this is about (bored out of my skull as mentioned above..brought me here) but wow I just spat my coffee out! What a zinger of a reply. I don't even need context. hahaha.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #5138 on: April 19, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »

I suggest you go back and read that one again.

You're right, I'll get sworn affidavits from my future dates and interests promising that they are, in fact, unattached. It's certainly not on them to divulge that when they know someone is interested in them.

As to the second part, have you been there? They may be Muslim, but they ain't shy, good lord. I have very little experience with Indonesian culture relative to Korean culture and yet I can say, with confidence, that it is 10x easier in Indonesia. 

Thanks, I suppose.

I have said that. A lot. hahaha. I'm a storyteller. I love hearing stories. Some people might not give a shit, and that's fine, they don't have to read it.

I think I liked you better when you said you just read everyone's posts and din't comment on them. And if this is you, Rxxxxxx Osxxxxxxxx and you're trolling me, I will punch you right in the nose next time I see you, hahaha.

EDIT: Ahhh, no. Found ya, you ain't Rxxxxxxxxxxx Osxxxxxxxxxxx.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:12:19 PM by CO2 »

Offline AMDC

• Adventurer
« Reply #5139 on: April 19, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »

Most people will attempt to reconcile with their life choices. Most people also embellish their stories.

I can appreciate that you're trying to be 'real' with him here, but don't get all holier than thou, I'm sure you're no love guru yourself.