December 15, 2018, 04:06:24 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 852455 times)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4980 on: April 23, 2018, 02:33:12 PM »
Ever notice how the folk who say stuff like 'I wouldn't mind if he was funny' etc are some of the most boring uninteresting posters on the site? I have. To be fair it's usually the veterans who've been here for a decade and spend their weekends in emart sifting through cartons of milk to find the one with the expiry date 24 hours after the row of cartons on the front of the shelf. Hope dem homemade muffins taste good though, shit, anyone know where I can find a renforced plutonium 4.73" x 4.7256789" baking tray from?  :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They actually put the ones with the nearest expiration date in the front, and the ones that have a later expiration date in the back. I thought that is pretty much how all stores stocked shelves, being here or back home. I have never done it, but would imagine that most do it that way.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4981 on: April 23, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
Pffft!  I spend my weekends shaving tigers (not a euphemism) ...

But it could be!

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4982 on: April 23, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »
Ever notice how the folk who say stuff like 'I wouldn't mind if he was funny' etc are some of the most boring uninteresting posters on the site? I have. To be fair it's usually the veterans who've been here for a decade and spend their weekends in emart sifting through cartons of milk to find the one with the expiry date 24 hours after the row of cartons on the front of the shelf. Hope dem homemade muffins taste good though, shit, anyone know where I can find a renforced plutonium 4.73" x 4.7256789" baking tray from?  :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They actually put the ones with the nearest expiration date in the front, and the ones that have a later expiration date in the back. I thought that is pretty much how all stores stocked shelves, being here or back home. I have never done it, but would imagine that most do it that way.

At home they stock it like that too.
While I usually take from the front, there is a diary based product I buy here that has a short use-by time, so I'll take from the back to get that extra day or 2 of the use-by day; Only because it takes me about 3 hours and 15 minutes to go to the supermarket, and back home, from where I am. So, it's not something I can go buy easily if I run out during the week. :p However, if there was a supermarket here that stocked the product, I'd just take it from the front and buy more when I run out. :P

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4983 on: April 23, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »

While I usually take from the front, there is a diary based product I buy here that has a short use-by time, so I'll take from the back to get that extra day or 2 of the use-by day; Only because it takes me about 3 hours and 15 minutes to go to the supermarket, and back home, from where I am. So, it's not something I can go buy easily if I run out during the week. :p However, if there was a supermarket here that stocked the product, I'd just take it from the front and buy more when I run out. :P

+1 - If there is a deal going on, usually with yogurt, tofu, or milk, then I will check the dates and get one that will give me a few extra days.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4984 on: April 23, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »
Muffins are awesome!
And if you ever do find a plutonium baking tray of any size at all, please let me know, because I'm pretty sure I could find a use for it:afro:

:P

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4985 on: April 23, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »

Y'all need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4986 on: April 23, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
My washing machine isn't spinning or draining. I'd call the landlord but I have a cat and I'm not entirely sure I'm supposed to have a cat so I'm trying to fix it myself

wish me luck

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4987 on: April 23, 2018, 07:38:09 PM »
My washing machine isn't spinning or draining. I'd call the landlord but I have a cat and I'm not entirely sure I'm supposed to have a cat so I'm trying to fix it myself

wish me luck

Start a blog, you life seems a lot more interesting than Ken Green's dirty bitch or whatever he calls it.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4988 on: April 23, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »

wish me luck

Start a blog, you life seems a lot more interesting than Ken Green's dirty bitch or whatever he calls it.

Don't tempt me, I'm a whole bottle of soju into a harry potter book and my life is nothing but dramatics

I could use another secret identity to drone on about my feeble existence

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4990 on: April 24, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »

Y'all need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Oh. I don't shop at emart. :P

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4991 on: April 24, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/8ea5ap/korean_girlfriend_wants_10000_usd_for_her_mothers/

What a pickle!!! hahahaha

Holy moley, pickle indeed. My ex used to have to complain about giving his mom salary presents for certain things, and that was for his own mother! And usually not over a grand. I can't even imagine if he had to pay that much to my mom.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4993 on: April 24, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
I'm teaching my grade 5 and 6 kids "We Are Going to be Friends" by The White Stripes tomorrow.

Rock on.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4994 on: April 24, 2018, 06:21:15 PM »
I'm doing a week on Australia with my kids and I wanna have them make fairy bread.

The sprinkles I need I can only find on gmarket have "fee on delivery" and I'm too chicken to buy them and figure out how to pay said fee.

Wat do

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4995 on: April 24, 2018, 07:09:53 PM »
I'm doing a week on Australia with my kids and I wanna have them make fairy bread.

The sprinkles I need I can only find on gmarket have "fee on delivery" and I'm too chicken to buy them and figure out how to pay said fee.

Wat do
Are they that different from the ones at Homeplus?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4996 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »

Wat do

I bought sprinkles off coupang for that purpose. 

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4997 on: April 24, 2018, 07:18:19 PM »

Wat do
Are they that different from the ones at Homeplus?

I've only seen the cylindrical type sprinkles at Homeplus, and I think most fairy bread use the round pellet type?

I haven't checked in a while. Has Homeplus started selling more than just the ice cream sprinkles?

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4998 on: April 24, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »

Wat do

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=1344161052

all the sprinkles in the world (300g) and the delivery charge is paid in advance

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4999 on: April 25, 2018, 07:36:54 AM »

Wat do

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=1344161052

all the sprinkles in the world (300g) and the delivery charge is paid in advance

That's pretty expensive though. If you can wait 3 days get these:

http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/11688148?itemId=50303254&vendorItemId=3078343009&q=sprinkles&itemsCount=36&searchId=75239ba2d2ae4c4aaf5665cca36cfc1e&rank=6 

or buy them at homeplus  / lotte

or these are next day delivery :

http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/52674389?itemId=185711355&vendorItemId=3442151880&q=%EC%8A%A4%ED%94%84%EB%A7%81%ED%81%B4&itemsCount=36&searchId=4c6fa62d5594414e8a9e4d54537ba8a5&rank=0