December 14, 2018, 10:32:28 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 852139 times)

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4960 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
I had a dream last night where I kept running into Gong Yoo, and he kept saying, "Nice to meeting you," and it was all I could do to stop myself from telling him, "No I-N-G!"

A friend got me a Gong Yoo pillow as a joke. Now he haunts my dreams.

I have a crush on Gong Yoo. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4961 on: April 20, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »
Korean logic?

Leave leftover fried chicken out overnight.

Sliced bread must go in the fridge instantly!

:undecided: 

Not that anybody is likely to die from eating day-old chicken (or so i'd hope) but the bread is gonna be fine if left out a day or few.  No reason to prematurely harden/dry it  :cry:

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4962 on: April 20, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
When you in the bathroom at 3 am outside of a makgolli chip and taking a pee. Instead of looking at the hook-up bar advertisement you take a lil peek next to you and tell homeboy that it's small af. Homeboy half drunk so he gets insecure and starts challenging you, but yo date still be waiting so you say let's save it for another time and follow each other on insta.  :police:

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4963 on: April 20, 2018, 01:34:22 PM »
Next week:

1st Graders going on a week long field trip

2nd Graders have exams

Foreign Teacher ready for an easy week
The World Ends With You

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4964 on: April 20, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
When you in the bathroom at 3 am outside of a makgolli chip and taking a pee. Instead of looking at the hook-up bar advertisement you take a lil peek next to you and tell homeboy that it's small af. Homeboy half drunk so he gets insecure and starts challenging you, but yo date still be waiting so you say let's save it for another time and follow each other on insta.  :police:

I refuse to believe this is a real account. hahahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4965 on: April 20, 2018, 02:17:06 PM »

i wouldn't mind if his posts were actually funny

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4966 on: April 20, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »

Agreed!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4967 on: April 20, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »
"Your from Taiwan? That's in China right? Ooh, I love anime and kimchi!"
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4968 on: April 20, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
Am I the only person who, after being here quite a long time, has gone full circle and stopped worrying about trying to fit in with the local culture?

The principal just came to my office to show the room to some old and well-dressed dude, and I greeted them with a casual "hi!" and a big smile.

Nobody seems to care. In fact, it's always the people who bow 90 degrees who have problems.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4969 on: April 20, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
...In fact, it's always the people who bow 90 degrees who have problems.

I think that is because the sudden changes is angular acceleration caused by the 90 degree bow causes brain trauma, aka concussion. 

Don't do it!

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4970 on: April 20, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »

I don't know, I've kind of missed this.

Happy weekend, all ~!

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4971 on: April 20, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
I have a crush on Gong Yoo.

So does my friend. Like massive. xD

I have a feeling this will be happening soon!

I've honestly done a photoshoot with the damn thing already. I've been photobombing my friend with them.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4972 on: April 20, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
Do try the spring Kanu then, as there isn't the slightest burnt aftertaste. I did one normal and one spring in my coffee tumbler yesterday, and it came out tasting strong enough and smooth. The only bad part is that Kanu isn't cheap, but I figure it is easy, and in my opinion, tastes much better than the other stuff. One to stay away from is LOCO coffee (I think that is it), or Loofa, or something...man that stuff is bad - nice packaging though. Also, you have to be careful with the G7. The real Vietnamese G7 line is good and smooth, but there is I guess what is a knockoff (Korean version?) that has a pretty bad aftertaste. If it is really cheap, then it is probably not the Vietnamese G7.

So I tried some G7 recently and it might have been that kind because it was awful with the worst bitter burnt aftertaste.

Whilst we're talking about Vietnamese coffee though.... Actual Vietnamese iced coffee in Vietnam. With those little dripper things and condensed milk. The most DELICIOUS thing I've ever had. Would kill for one of those today!

Mmmm... that or egg coffee. Soooo good!

Warning:  Not all Coffee from Vietnam is good.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/vietnamese-factory-caught-producing-deadly-cheap-coffee-from-used-batteries-and-dust

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4973 on: April 20, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
Warning:  Not all Coffee from Vietnam is good.
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/vietnamese-factory-caught-producing-deadly-cheap-coffee-from-used-batteries-and-dust
Not to mention the cat/weasel/elephant poop coffee that you can get there!

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4974 on: April 23, 2018, 10:09:18 AM »
I remember yirj getting picked on by some guy who had a problem with her calling the creep who was stalking and harassing her a creep. She didn't really respond to him, she's pretty good about not rising to bait on here in general. xD

And Kayos, I can't remember a specific instance for you, but I'm positive I've read some underhanded snark and shade tossed at you, too, during when waygook.org still had a ton of toxic trolls hovering around. You may not have noticed because you tend to hit and run, but then you may not have given enough fucks to have noticed, either.

Anyway, I agree with kyndo, a lot of personal attacks that go on here are just mean-spirited and unnecessary. I get that people are irritable during the week, but maybe join a gym instead of beating up on random folks. Or at least find some middle ground somewhere.

@ coffee talk: G7 is the only instant coffee I can drink as is. Everything else I've got to mix with something else, like cocoa. Don't judge me, you do what you got to do.

Yeah, chances are I probably missed any that was directed at me haha. After my first year in Korea. I had to go back home for a few months (was supposed to go to a job to Japan after that time, but the job fell through at the last minute, and ended up coming back to Korea) - and I generally come on here when I'm bored at work. Which, at my current schools, is a lot more often haha.

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4975 on: April 23, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
I can't help but laugh to myself right now.

My co-teacher is talking to one of the student (for what I'd assume to be her getting reprimanded for doing something wrong) and the girl starts tearing up. As soon as my co-teacher walks out the room, the student immediately grabs the mirror from my CTs desk and starts grooming. Never mind the tears still pouring from her face  :laugh:
The World Ends With You

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4976 on: April 23, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »

Not trying to be funny, just sharing my experiences.. lol

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4977 on: April 23, 2018, 01:26:40 PM »
I remember yirj getting picked on by some guy who had a problem with her calling the creep who was stalking and harassing her a creep. She didn't really respond to him, she's pretty good about not rising to bait on here in general. xD

I seem to recall you swiftly springing to my defense, lol. He was apologetic after I clarified the situation but it was weird how he jumped to the conclusion that I was "the type of person to label every guy a creep" instead of just asking questions or simply ...not making assumptions. Methinks some past experience colored his perception  :undecided:

A fish I am not, so no bait for this one  :laugh:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4978 on: April 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
Ever notice how the folk who say stuff like 'I wouldn't mind if he was funny' etc are some of the most boring uninteresting posters on the site? I have. To be fair it's usually the veterans who've been here for a decade and spend their weekends in emart sifting through cartons of milk to find the one with the expiry date 24 hours after the row of cartons on the front of the shelf. Hope dem homemade muffins taste good though, shit, anyone know where I can find a renforced plutonium 4.73" x 4.7256789" baking tray from?  :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4979 on: April 23, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »

I seem to recall you swiftly springing to my defense, lol. He was apologetic after I clarified the situation but it was weird how he jumped to the conclusion that I was "the type of person to label every guy a creep" instead of just asking questions or simply ...not making assumptions. Methinks some past experience colored his perception  :undecided:

A fish I am not, so no bait for this one  :laugh:

I remember that myself haha