December 12, 2018, 11:19:07 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 848151 times)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4940 on: April 19, 2018, 03:01:14 PM »
I feel like instant coffee gets an unfairly bad rap. Not the sugary gross mix ones, but just plain black instant coffee. Most of it is drinkable. And I find that a decent instant coffee is a lot tastier than a bad brewed coffee.

Yeah, I agree. I would muuuuuch rather have a cup of instant Kanu over that stuff that some people make in the office. They also have a spring line of Kanu that has flowers on it and is a slightly more mild taste, with a hint of fruit(?). It is pretty good, and I recommend trying it if you're looking for something you can make quickly (I know often times I don't have time to spend more than a minute making a coffee to drink).

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4941 on: April 19, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »

I feel like instant coffee gets an unfairly bad rap. Not the sugary gross mix ones, but just plain black instant coffee. Most of it is drinkable. And I find that a decent instant coffee is a lot tastier than a bad brewed coffee.

Yeah, I agree. I would muuuuuch rather have a cup of instant Kanu over that stuff that some people make in the office. They also have a spring line of Kanu that has flowers on it and is a slightly more mild taste, with a hint of fruit(?). It is pretty good, and I recommend trying it if you're looking for something you can make quickly (I know often times I don't have time to spend more than a minute making a coffee to drink).

Haha my office makes coffee water, One spoon for a whole big jug of coffee. I'm one of those insufferable snobs so brought my own hand drip thing  :laugh: :laugh:

Instant black tends to have that slightly burnt taste to it though. I miss instant coffee from back home, especially the fine ground ones/Instant espresso. Lush!
Of all the ones here I find Nescafe Supremo is alright (Although Nescafe sooo  :sad:) , Coffee shop ones are good too. I'm gonna give the Kanu spring a try then.

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #4942 on: April 19, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
CO2 - why don't you just link your youtube channel here?

people can check you out for themselves.

then...they can decide what's closer to the truth. what i said (you're a decent dude but you've pulled some SUPER cringy moves and you are lost in the sauce with females) OR what you act like (a hopeless romantic that (multiple) women have screwed over for no reason)

Well, considering I've never talked about either of these situations on my youtube channel, I would wonder why I would do that. But here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClzxtc7C2TyXLnJAOj71Xfg?view_as=subscriber

I've always been open about what I do and what I've done. I like people and I take an interest in them. You don't have to like me, but I'll never stop saying what I think. Life is too enjoyable to not speak your mind and hope others either share your views or try to convince you to change your own.

I'm not sure what prompted this criticism of me in the first place. I mention traits that I've found in many of the expats I've met here. Keep in mind, in my original post concerning adventure and openness, that I never claimed to be those. They were traits that many of us (being expats) have. And then you had to make it all about your views on me, huh? How long you been waiting for that? Seeing as my posts concerning these two women have been from a while ago, in different threads, why now? What's your angle here?

I don't think you're a bad person, just puzzled as to what prompted this massive hard-right today in this thread.

I'm done here, anyway. Take it easy.

thanks CO2 - i care that the kid who flew to 2 different countries to meet 2 different women 2 different times and got blanked BOTH times doesn't think i'm a bad person.

everyone else can make up their own minds about what we were talking about.
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4943 on: April 19, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
I was on board with apancoe's takedown of masterdouche basedcowboy. But CO2 doesnt deserve this. Poor lad. Granted i wouldnt post a video of myself singing online, but at least he's comfortable enough to do that.

That's the best part. I've almost died and had this shit happen to me. Very little can phase me.

But, my poli sci degree loves a good back and forth, so here I am.  :police:

My philosophy has always been, do your thing. If someone sees that video and says that I'm weird, or that they wouldn't want to be friends with me, I probably wouldn't want to be friends with them either.

People usually know within 20 mins whether they like me or not. I'm not for everyone, haha. I have more friends than I can count, they help me in so many ways.

So, to all my friends, I raise a glass. I'll be there for you, cuz you're there for me, too. (I hate that show, Seinfeld FOR LIFE)
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4944 on: April 19, 2018, 03:17:22 PM »
Truth, as much as I hate instant (on its own), I can't stand badly brewed coffee even more.

I was on board with apancoe's takedown of masterdouche basedcowboy. But CO2 doesnt deserve this. Poor lad. Granted i wouldnt post a video of myself singing online, but at least he's comfortable enough to do that.

Boredom, and the fact that both users are kind of prominent. Turns you into a target. Everyone who posts regularly has been roasted, flamed or trolled here. xD Even super sweet yirj.

It was just CO2's turn because apancoe has had enough of people's shit and wants to give everyone something to read.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4945 on: April 19, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Truth, as much as I hate instant (on its own), I can't stand badly brewed coffee even more.

Coffee's kind of like beer. It's great to enjoy and be able to appreciate really good stuff, but it's also really handy to be able to enjoy the cheap stuff, too.

But yeah, badly brewed coffee water is undrinkable. Ew.
+1

I have never had a good coffee in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

Must be the water there.

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #4946 on: April 19, 2018, 03:29:25 PM »

Haha my office makes coffee water, One spoon for a whole big jug of coffee. I'm one of those insufferable snobs so brought my own hand drip thing  :laugh: :laugh:

Instant black tends to have that slightly burnt taste to it though. I miss instant coffee from back home, especially the fine ground ones/Instant espresso. Lush!
Of all the ones here I find Nescafe Supremo is alright (Although Nescafe sooo  :sad:) , Coffee shop ones are good too. I'm gonna give the Kanu spring a try then.

I can't recommend G7 enough. It's from Vietnam, and it's available on Gmarket or any of those little foreign snack selling places if you live in a city. And it's super cheap, and really smooth tasting. Dissolves super well, too.

Agreed! You can buy it in Olive Young (in the weird snacks section). They do a mix version too if that's your bag (though I've never seen this around). I prefer black but my friend gave me that in a pinch and it's certainly better than a lot of the other mix sachets.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4947 on: April 19, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »

Boredom, and the fact that both users are kind of prominent. Turns you into a target. Everyone who posts regularly has been roasted, flamed or trolled here. xD Even super sweet yirj.

It was just CO2's turn because apancoe has had enough of people's shit and wants to give everyone something to read.

I don't think I have, but I'm probably not as prominent as them. I just come and go as I please, giggity. :P (Yes, I've been watching family guy! :D )

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4948 on: April 19, 2018, 05:14:24 PM »

Yirj got roasted? I must've missed that!
It was by #basedcowboyshirt, wasn't it? Because of the "super sweet" bit.

Anyway, people need to chill out: leave the ad hominem attacks to the good folk on the political threads.  :afro:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4949 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »
I remember yirj getting picked on by some guy who had a problem with her calling the creep who was stalking and harassing her a creep. She didn't really respond to him, she's pretty good about not rising to bait on here in general. xD

And Kayos, I can't remember a specific instance for you, but I'm positive I've read some underhanded snark and shade tossed at you, too, during when waygook.org still had a ton of toxic trolls hovering around. You may not have noticed because you tend to hit and run, but then you may not have given enough fucks to have noticed, either.

Anyway, I agree with kyndo, a lot of personal attacks that go on here are just mean-spirited and unnecessary. I get that people are irritable during the week, but maybe join a gym instead of beating up on random folks. Or at least find some middle ground somewhere.

@ coffee talk: G7 is the only instant coffee I can drink as is. Everything else I've got to mix with something else, like cocoa. Don't judge me, you do what you got to do.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:37:30 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4950 on: April 20, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
Oh man you guys are gonna hate me, I buy those little mix packets with the powdered milk and sugar already in them.

I planned on jut living with those until I left since the Homeplus nearby wanting an outrageous amount of money for a tiny coffee pot.

I completely forgot about Gmarket lmao

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4951 on: April 20, 2018, 07:04:16 AM »
Do try the spring Kanu then, as there isn't the slightest burnt aftertaste. I did one normal and one spring in my coffee tumbler yesterday, and it came out tasting strong enough and smooth. The only bad part is that Kanu isn't cheap, but I figure it is easy, and in my opinion, tastes much better than the other stuff. One to stay away from is LOCO coffee (I think that is it), or Loofa, or something...man that stuff is bad - nice packaging though. Also, you have to be careful with the G7. The real Vietnamese G7 line is good and smooth, but there is I guess what is a knockoff (Korean version?) that has a pretty bad aftertaste. If it is really cheap, then it is probably not the Vietnamese G7.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4952 on: April 20, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »

Yirj got roasted? I must've missed that!
It was by #basedcowboyshirt, wasn't it? Because of the "super sweet" bit.

Anyway, people need to chill out: leave the ad hominem attacks to the good folk on the political threads.  :afro:

I am what I eat.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4953 on: April 20, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
Do try the spring Kanu then, as there isn't the slightest burnt aftertaste. I did one normal and one spring in my coffee tumbler yesterday, and it came out tasting strong enough and smooth. The only bad part is that Kanu isn't cheap, but I figure it is easy, and in my opinion, tastes much better than the other stuff. One to stay away from is LOCO coffee (I think that is it), or Loofa, or something...man that stuff is bad - nice packaging though. Also, you have to be careful with the G7. The real Vietnamese G7 line is good and smooth, but there is I guess what is a knockoff (Korean version?) that has a pretty bad aftertaste. If it is really cheap, then it is probably not the Vietnamese G7.

So I tried some G7 recently and it might have been that kind because it was awful with the worst bitter burnt aftertaste.

Whilst we're talking about Vietnamese coffee though.... Actual Vietnamese iced coffee in Vietnam. With those little dripper things and condensed milk. The most DELICIOUS thing I've ever had. Would kill for one of those today!

Offline elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #4954 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

So I tried some G7 recently and it might have been that kind because it was awful with the worst bitter burnt aftertaste.

Whilst we're talking about Vietnamese coffee though.... Actual Vietnamese iced coffee in Vietnam. With those little dripper things and condensed milk. The most DELICIOUS thing I've ever had. Would kill for one of those today!

Mmmm... that or egg coffee. Soooo good!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4955 on: April 20, 2018, 07:48:35 AM »
Happy April 20th!

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4956 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:49 AM »
I guess it's the Korean knock-off brand that I've been seeing around in Emart (or was it Home Plus?) and some small marts. The stuff I get is provided at a local foreign foods mart and is definitely imported, though. xD
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:54:27 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
« Reply #4957 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
I love field trips. It's Friday and all but one of my classes is canceled. It's going to be a great day!  8)  ;D

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4958 on: April 20, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
I had a dream last night where I kept running into Gong Yoo, and he kept saying, "Nice to meeting you," and it was all I could do to stop myself from telling him, "No I-N-G!"

A friend got me a Gong Yoo pillow as a joke. Now he haunts my dreams.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4959 on: April 20, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
I love field trips. It's Friday and all but one of my classes is canceled. It's going to be a great day!  8)  ;D

I was told the sports students were going to be out today for a game, so I was pretty happy that classes would go from pretty good/fine to really good/great (As they are okay kids, but are noisy). It turns out they leave after 3rd period, and I had/have them 1st and 3rd.  :huh: Oh well. At least it is Friday!