August 20, 2018, 10:11:56 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 746127 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4840 on: February 14, 2018, 11:09:52 AM »
Wish I'd been 2 hours late. No one would have noticed today.

Why is it you feel laziest whenever you have a shit-ton of work to do?

I think it's time for a trip out of town somewhere.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4841 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »

Come to Asan with my group on Sunday. wkwkwkwkw

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4842 on: February 21, 2018, 09:23:14 AM »
I lost my phone last night. I know that it's at 안양샘병원 because I used Find My Phone.

What's my next step? Battery is at 37%.

Offline parkerynp

• Adventurer
« Reply #4843 on: February 21, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
My school decided this week was the time to work on the heating and A/C units. Last week in the Korean public school sector spent freezing my ass off doing nothing. Kind of a perfect way to end it.

On another note. The throw away tiny paper cup culture is maddening. Absolutely maddening.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4844 on: February 21, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
I am getting a free lunch today in a restaurant. Raw fish bibimbap. Even though I dislike raw fish, a few pieces in a bibimbap with some nice kimchi and banchan goes down a treat.

It's a pity that the goodwill shown by some Koreans such as free lunches is undone in a flash by a glaring ajumma or ajosshi.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4845 on: February 21, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
2 hours late. The world didn't end. hehehehehehe

It's possible that someone did NEIS for two weeks and then took another week off after that when no one was in school, thinking that as he taught in a big school, no one would notice that he was missing for that third week because none of their co-teachers were in school, or would have cared anyway.  Only the VP knowing the dates, but as he okeyed loads of teachers' holiday he wouldn't remember exactly the foreign teacher's holiday. It is also possible that no one noticed when they came back to school, therefore getting away with it again.   :wink:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4846 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:19 AM »
I want to buy a sword.

Come to Asan with my group on Sunday. wkwkwkwkw

Haha, I went to Busan and spent a bunch of money. Hope you had fun.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4847 on: February 23, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
So my mom is coming for a visit in March, and since I'm not going to be hobbled up on crutches after knee surgery like the last time she came, I will be able to accompany and take her to some different things around town/Korea. Any ideas? She's on the disabled side, not in a wheel chair, but still not able to spend all day hiking. I was thinking about taking her on a temple stay or day stay, we're going to the Paralympics and spending a day walking around Gangneung, we're going to go to Hwaseong fortress and the Yongin Korean Village, any other ideas. I was also thinking about a tea spa. Maybe a dog cafe again... I feel like I've been here so long, nothing seems that interesting.

Last time, she already went to the palaces and museums in Seoul, we went on a fall foliage temple tour, dog cafe, around La Festa and Lake Park in Ilsan...

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4848 on: February 23, 2018, 08:44:03 AM »
So my mom is coming for a visit in March, and since I'm not going to be hobbled up on crutches after knee surgery like the last time she came, I will be able to accompany and take her to some different things around town/Korea. Any ideas? She's on the disabled side, not in a wheel chair, but still not able to spend all day hiking. I was thinking about taking her on a temple stay or day stay, we're going to the Paralympics and spending a day walking around Gangneung, we're going to go to Hwaseong fortress and the Yongin Korean Village, any other ideas. I was also thinking about a tea spa. Maybe a dog cafe again... I feel like I've been here so long, nothing seems that interesting.

Last time, she already went to the palaces and museums in Seoul, we went on a fall foliage temple tour, dog cafe, around La Festa and Lake Park in Ilsan...

Always nice when family come to stay, I found that the bits you find boring are the bits that someone who's not used to them, will find really interesting.  My dad, who's in his late seventies and not massively mobile, has been three times.  The first year was my wedding, so we went to Seoul on our wedding night and stayed in the Lotte Hotel.  He really hates lots of people, so didn't really like Seoul.  The next year, we (plus my wife) went down the west coast (I live in Chungnam) and went to Byeonsanbando and then to the bamboo fields in Damyang, and then to the green tea fields in Boseong.  Staying for an extra night in Gwangju.  We stayed in a couple of hotels and I made sure not to push him too hard as he'd just get tired.  The next year, he came was in Chuseok, so travelling was difficult so stayed around Chungnam and went to the beaches in Taean and then to Gongju.  Those simple trips seemed to be the nicest, although finding nice hotels outside of Seoul can be tricky.  Could you take a trip to Ullreungdo?  If I had the time with my dad, I'd do that.  But it depends on the time you have.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4849 on: February 23, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »

Always nice when family come to stay, I found that the bits you find boring are the bits that someone who's not used to them, will find really interesting.  My dad, who's in his late seventies and not massively mobile, has been three times.  The first year was my wedding, so we went to Seoul on our wedding night and stayed in the Lotte Hotel.  He really hates lots of people, so didn't really like Seoul.  The next year, we (plus my wife) went down the west coast (I live in Chungnam) and went to Byeonsanbando and then to the bamboo fields in Damyang, and then to the green tea fields in Boseong.  Staying for an extra night in Gwangju.  We stayed in a couple of hotels and I made sure not to push him too hard as he'd just get tired.  The next year, he came was in Chuseok, so travelling was difficult so stayed around Chungnam and went to the beaches in Taean and then to Gongju.  Those simple trips seemed to be the nicest, although finding nice hotels outside of Seoul can be tricky.  Could you take a trip to Ullreungdo?  If I had the time with my dad, I'd do that.  But it depends on the time you have.
Yeah, I'm only planning one Seoul day since we are farm/small town folk and she would be blown away by all the people at first, but would get tired of it quickly I believe. One of the problems is that she is coming during work time. I have one week off while she is here, so we are going to go to Malaysia for that, and I know she will need some rest time after that, so I don't really want to plan for any other long trips. Ullreongdo sounds nice, though if anything, we may go to Jeju, since she wanted to go there last time, but didn't want to go alone and I just couldn't. If that were to happen though, I would have to take a few personal days. It would be nice to find a few places for weekend day trips from Suwon or a few evening outings.

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4850 on: February 23, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »
Why must every disagreement on waygook  degenerate into a pi$$ing contest?  Whatever happened to respecting others' rights to have and express opinions?  Or logically rebutting, as opposed to name calling?

Sometimes the size of the egos on this board astounds me.

Online tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4851 on: February 23, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Why must every disagreement on waygook  degenerate into a pi$$ing contest?  Whatever happened to respecting others' rights to have and express opinions?  Or logically rebutting, as opposed to name calling?

yep.  i like a good argument/debate sometimes.  that's not what's happening here anymore. 

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4852 on: February 23, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »

Name and shame!  :smiley:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4853 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Combination of boredom and frustration in some cases, maybe. People tend to get pissy about things, and peeves turn into arguments because people can sometimes have a hard time seeing the gray in between all of that black and white. Then it escalates and people double down, and you've got yourself a pointless derail. xD

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4854 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »

Nah, people can read for themselves and figure it out on their own.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4855 on: February 23, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »
I notice this time and time again.  I was watching Rambo 3 last night on SuperAction, and notice that you never see him eating breakfast or some quick snack like a croissant and a splash of confiture, before he goes off doing all his energetic stuff.  If I was in a film like that, I'd like it to be as close to reality as possible.  Breakfast involving poached eggs, maybe see me brushing my teeth and a quick coffee before heading off and killing a load of Russians.  Is that too much to ask?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4856 on: February 24, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
I notice this time and time again.  I was watching Rambo 3 last night on SuperAction, and notice that you never see him eating breakfast or some quick snack like a croissant and a splash of confiture, before he goes off doing all his energetic stuff.  If I was in a film like that, I'd like it to be as close to reality as possible.  Breakfast involving poached eggs, maybe see me brushing my teeth and a quick coffee before heading off and killing a load of Russians.  Is that too much to ask?

Maybe in a Jean-Claude Van Damme (or other European actor) film.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4857 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:15 PM »
Nah, people can read for themselves and figure it out on their own.
But that takes sooooooo much effort!  :sad:

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4858 on: February 24, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
luckily, rambo was not made in korea, as most of the "action" would focus on (close ups of) him eating/chewing food, with actual action scenes being secondary to the plot

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4859 on: February 26, 2018, 07:16:10 AM »
luckily, rambo was not made in korea, as most of the "action" would focus on (close ups of) him eating/chewing food, with actual action scenes being secondary to the plot

:laugh: With a room of pointless celebrities commenting on him doing pointless things.