November 21, 2018, 04:04:59 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 817011 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4800 on: April 06, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
I thought it was a quote from something like Rick and Morty.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4801 on: April 06, 2018, 02:02:40 PM »
Happy Friday.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4802 on: April 06, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
Happy Friday.

YES THANK GAWD

Same to you. This has been a long week, and it's time for me to go wilderness junkie and just disappear for the weekend.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4803 on: April 06, 2018, 02:22:20 PM »
Happy Friday.

YES THANK GAWD

Same to you. This has been a long week, and it's time for me to go wilderness junkie and just disappear for the weekend.

Is the wilderness a metaphor for your room?

Or are you going feral?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4804 on: April 06, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »
Happy Friday.

YES THANK GAWD

You too? I'm going to Daegu by myself. Gonna relax.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4805 on: April 06, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
Happy Friday.

YES THANK GAWD

Is the wilderness a metaphor for your room?

Or are you going feral?

I am going ****** savage. I'll be chewing twigs and spitting acorns at squirrels to eat for dinner.

My bedroom is nice, too, but I need to get out. I'm basically a ghost at this point.

You too? I'm going to Daegu by myself. Gonna relax.

Yes, except I'm gonna do more of a Lewis & Clark thing instead of a George of the Jungle goes to San Francisco thing.

I might even grow a beard.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4806 on: April 06, 2018, 03:10:14 PM »
I had a relatively good week, until today. Today was a dumpster fire of a day with Murphy's Law written all over it. I think I'm going to sit at home all weekend grumbling about how I wish I could still drink my problems away.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4807 on: April 06, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
Trying to put one of these pictures that takes up half the forum page in my profile signature but imgur is not responding. :sad:
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4808 on: April 06, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »
Whoop whoop! Gonna head off to Seoul tonight for a long long weekend~

I'm excited to get out and see the sights and hang out with some friends.

I hope I come back feeling way better. Hope you guys have a great weekend :D

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4809 on: April 09, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »

How was it?

It was great!

I had some quality girl time, did some shopping, ate too much and went to a club. Club was terrible and got my vaj grabbed by this dude but my friend and I  left and got street food right after so it was evened out lol.

Though I did notice her tmoney card would only get charged 700 and mine 1250. Weird but too late to fuss now lol

What about your weekend?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4810 on: April 09, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »

How was it?

It was great!

I had some quality girl time, did some shopping, ate too much and went to a club. Club was terrible and got my vaj grabbed by this dude but my friend and I  left and got street food right after so it was evened out lol.

Though I did notice her tmoney card would only get charged 700 and mine 1250. Weird but too late to fuss now lol

What about your weekend?

Children’s T-money cards get a lower rate.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4811 on: April 09, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
Was in Myeongdong at the weekend with my wife, doing a bit of shopping and then trying a bite to eat.  Being a vegetarian is a trial as it is in Korea, so we popped into a 'Pho Bay' restaurant that had some 'for vegetarians' noodles advertised on the poster outside.  Bit strange.  Went in and my wife asked about those noodles 'Oh no, it's with pork and beef broth'.   :evil: Go fook yourself.  Don't actually advertise something like that for some unsuspecting vegetarian to come in and eat it.  Juanker!  Best thing was the 'Red Hong' 'toppoki'  :laugh: restaurant next to it that actually only used vegetable broth for all their dishes.  The only thing that made the dish non-vegetarian was the additions.  That was the first time me and the wife could actually eat 'toppoki'  :laugh: together.

Back in the orientation I had to do when getting back to Korea, there was a no seafood table, for the people that were allergic to seafood. Want to know what they served the first day? Seafood, with some kind of vegetable soup in a seafood broth type thing, with other seafood options. Day 2. Had octopus and other seafood options. Day 3. Finally stopped doing anything with seafood for that 1 table haha.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4812 on: April 09, 2018, 01:35:38 PM »

How was it?

It was great!

What about your weekend?

Yeah, being sexually assaulted makes my weekends a bit special too. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4813 on: April 09, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
I hope you're using 'toppoki' ironically.

What, you don't spell it 토뽀키?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4814 on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:53 PM »
Was in Myeongdong at the weekend with my wife, doing a bit of shopping and then trying a bite to eat.  Being a vegetarian is a trial as it is in Korea, so we popped into a 'Pho Bay' restaurant that had some 'for vegetarians' noodles advertised on the poster outside.  Bit strange.  Went in and my wife asked about those noodles 'Oh no, it's with pork and beef broth'.   :evil: Go fook yourself.  Don't actually advertise something like that for some unsuspecting vegetarian to come in and eat it.  Juanker!  Best thing was the 'Red Hong' 'toppoki'  :laugh: restaurant next to it that actually only used vegetable broth for all their dishes.  The only thing that made the dish non-vegetarian was the additions.  That was the first time me and the wife could actually eat 'toppoki'  :laugh: together.

I hope you're using 'toppoki' ironically.

:laugh:

I couldn't remember whether it was you or Co2 who had an aversion to that 'particular' spelling!

:laugh:

Waygook.org user CO2 might have an aversion to it, too.

I don't think I've ever had occasion to mention it, but that spelling is dumb and bad and I inwardly cringe every time I see it. Also, I refuse to eat anywhere that spells it like that because it's a 100% guaranteed sign that it's a bad restaurant.

You've obviously never tried 석관동 떡볶이. Their sign has that crappy transliteration but the ddeokbokki isn't bad.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4815 on: April 09, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
You've obviously never tried 석관동 떡볶이. Their sign has that crappy transliteration but the ddeokbokki isn't bad.

I avoid most franchise restaurants because they're overpriced and the food usually isn't good.

They're not all bad and overpriced. That particular chain does a few different variations on the traditional ddeokbokki, and they're not badly done.

Online jmnegr2

• Waygookin
« Reply #4816 on: April 09, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhQDMMtHcjH/

i cannot stop watching this

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4817 on: April 09, 2018, 02:39:39 PM »

How was it?

It was great!

What about your weekend?

Yeah, being sexually assaulted makes my weekends a bit special too.

It was great!*

Sexual harassment aside

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4818 on: April 09, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »
I did a Skyrim-themed English camp last winter, and a couple of the students who attended have now randomly started answering some yes/no questions by shouting "FUS!" instead of saying "yes."

Me: "You have five minutes to complete the assigment. Raise your hand if you need help. Okay?"

2 Students: 

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #4819 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »
So today at my rural school, the clock on the PC was set an hour forward for whatever reason. I noticed this last week as well, but couldn't be bothered to change it. Just figured I keep time on my phone when it was time to leave and didn't have a problem.

Fast forward to this week. Forgot the clock is fast and said my goodbyes to the VP and secretary and walked to the bus stop. When I looked at my phone at the bus stop, I noticed the actual time and walked back to my school. Went back into the office and turned on my computer again, and it was like nothing ever happened lol. Funny thing is when I was leaving, no one even stopped to ask why I was leaving so early. They all just smiled waved and said their goodbyes. Probably could have just gone home an hour early, but didn't want to risk any problems.

Everyone here is incredibly laid back, through numerous staff changes, so I doubt they would have cared, but.. yeah w/e. Thought the whole thing was worth posting. Hope someone gets a kick out of it.

Also I definitely changed the clock this week.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."