December 17, 2018, 01:03:55 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 855674 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4680 on: February 24, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
I notice this time and time again.  I was watching Rambo 3 last night on SuperAction, and notice that you never see him eating breakfast or some quick snack like a croissant and a splash of confiture, before he goes off doing all his energetic stuff.  If I was in a film like that, I'd like it to be as close to reality as possible.  Breakfast involving poached eggs, maybe see me brushing my teeth and a quick coffee before heading off and killing a load of Russians.  Is that too much to ask?

Maybe in a Jean-Claude Van Damme (or other European actor) film.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4681 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:15 PM »
Name and shame!  :smiley:
Nah, people can read for themselves and figure it out on their own.
But that takes sooooooo much effort!  :sad:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4682 on: February 24, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
I notice this time and time again.  I was watching Rambo 3 last night on SuperAction, and notice that you never see him eating breakfast or some quick snack like a croissant and a splash of confiture, before he goes off doing all his energetic stuff.  If I was in a film like that, I'd like it to be as close to reality as possible.  Breakfast involving poached eggs, maybe see me brushing my teeth and a quick coffee before heading off and killing a load of Russians.  Is that too much to ask?
luckily, rambo was not made in korea, as most of the "action" would focus on (close ups of) him eating/chewing food, with actual action scenes being secondary to the plot

Online sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4683 on: February 26, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »
Why must every disagreement on waygook  degenerate into a pi$$ing contest?  Whatever happened to respecting others' rights to have and express opinions?  Or logically rebutting, as opposed to name calling?

Sometimes the size of the egos on this board astounds me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4684 on: February 26, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
:laugh: With a room of pointless celebrities commenting on him doing pointless things.

"You can see by the way he stirs the ramyeon pot that he's obviously done this before."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4685 on: February 26, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

I agree, helps bring the characters to life in a way that only Robot Chicken understands:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:56:23 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4686 on: February 26, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
I'm like 97% sure my school lunch contained cod sperm soup today.

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4687 on: February 27, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
The principal in my school wears ear muffs all day.  They make him look like Mickey Mouse.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4688 on: February 27, 2018, 08:39:21 AM »
I.want....

... a good horror movie that takes place during the Vietnam War that also isn't ****** torture gore.

I mean a creature feature might be good, but no rip-offs of Predator please. Which would be hard, I admit.

Pretty sure if they did make a film like that, though, it would end up being some weird Children of the Corn shit.

@denimdaze: That sounds incredibly cute.  :laugh:

Online Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #4689 on: February 27, 2018, 09:02:42 AM »
The principal in my school wears ear muffs all day.  They make him look like Mickey Mouse.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks their principal looks like some kinda character. Mine always reminds me of the baby from Dinosaurs.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4690 on: February 27, 2018, 09:09:12 AM »
I.want....

... a good horror movie that takes place during the Vietnam War that also isn't ****** torture gore.

I mean a creature feature might be good, but no rip-offs of Predator please. Which would be hard, I admit.

Pretty sure if they did make a film like that, though, it would end up being some weird Children of the Corn shit.

"Apocalypse Now" might suit your requirements, but the horror part is a bit more about psychology, and a bit less about creature features than a casual viewer might appreciate. Still, was a good flick!

Also, "Meui: The Legend of a Portrait" is a Korean horror flick that takes place partly during the Vietnam war era. It doesn't deal with the war directly, but it is partly set in that era so maybe give that a look too!

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4691 on: February 27, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
I.want....

"Apocalypse Now" might suit your requirements, but the horror part is a bit more about psychology, and a bit less about creature features than a casual viewer might appreciate. Still, was a good flick!

Also, "Meui: The Legend of a Portrait" is a Korean horror flick that takes place partly during the Vietnam war era. It doesn't deal with the war directly, but it is partly set in that era so maybe give that a look too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417072/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Horror (check)
Vietnam war era (check)
No torture (check)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #4692 on: February 27, 2018, 09:50:59 AM »
I.want....

While not a movie, I think there's a couple episodes of the X-Files that deal with Nam vets. One of them has the always superb Tony Todd.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4693 on: February 27, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »
Gonna have a dry weekend and actually go out and do stuff. That should be refreshing.

Any good mountains to hike in Gyeonggi-do that I might not have heard of?

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4694 on: February 27, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »
I like to do both.  Nothing quite as satisfying as being dog tired after spending hours trekking around to sit down to a meal and a beer when your legs are rubber.  You might have to start a day treks in Gyeonggi thread there are so many possibilities.  Surisan has countless routes.  For a real challenge take the 6-1 over to Banwol lake and work your way back along the mountain bike trails then up and along the entire spine of Surisan.  That's a tough one in parts but it feels great to finish.  Baegun san in Uiwang is a good one.  You can stay up for awhile and eventually come down in Suwon or Suji depending what trails you take.  There are some good walks out by Oido that go out along the water and to an island if you don't need a mountain.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4695 on: February 28, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4696 on: February 28, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
My other 2nd grade co-teacher told me I need to be careful with calling him 'Mr. Byeon' because one of byeon's many meanings is 'shit'.   :laugh:  Second day on the job and you can't come because of a hangover, not a good way to impress.  What a crock of..... if only there were a word to put there.

Not as bad as my good Korean friend's name; 변태ㅈ

As an aside, I love going into bars or restaurants and dicking around with the menu ordering.

At a bar:  :police: "여기요! 킨섬 얼음차 주세요!"

:huh: 뭐요?

:police: 킨  섬  얼음   차

:huh: 롱아일랜드 아이스티?????

:police:

:huh: .............  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:11:11 PM by CO2 »

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4697 on: March 01, 2018, 10:01:20 AM »

My other 2nd grade co-teacher told me I need to be careful with calling him 'Mr. Byeon' because one of byeon's many meanings is 'shit'.   :laugh:  Second day on the job and you can't come because of a hangover, not a good way to impress.  What a crock of..... if only there were a word to put there.
Byeon? :laugh:

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4698 on: March 02, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
First day of school. Books haven't been distributed. No classes. Another day of desk warming but attempting to look a little busy.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4699 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »
First day of school. Books haven't been distributed. No classes. Another day of desk warming but attempting to look a little busy.

Same here except not trying.