November 18, 2018, 07:08:23 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 814329 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4660 on: February 09, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
You can buy truffle oil at Fresh Mart grocery store on Seorae-ro near the French school.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4661 on: February 09, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4662 on: February 09, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »
I mean at this point people might buy truffle oil just because it's scandalous to do it in some circles. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4663 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
I bought a box of coffee-flavored truffles that I thought was a truffle-flavored coffee. Was disappointed with it and myself for not paying more attention.

Ranted to a friend about it and she thought I was talking about a mushroom-infused coffee, which I told her doesn't exist, and she came back at me with this, and I told her that was a soup and that not everything with the word "cappuccino" in it is a coffee LEARNTOREADG'DAMNIT I JUST MADE THE SAME MISTAKE.

But now I want to make it, and I'm torn because I don't have truffle oil and I don't want to buy any.  :sad:
To be fair, when reading this, my mind immediately to mushrooms also. Though that could have been because I read the replies about truffle oil first.

I've never knowingly had truffle oil cooked foods, though all of the cooking shows have made me want to try truffle oil pasta.

A couple of years ago, we had a family holiday in Italy with my family.  My younger bro was well into truffle oil, but after the first couple of days of putting it in most things, people got sick of the smell and taste of it.  Most definitely an acquired taste.
Which is partly why I've never had it. I'm worried that after dropping all the money on a truffle-oil anything, I won't like it. Though, I do like mushrooms and I'm not a picky eater, so it may be a baseless worry.
Have you ever been to What A Salad in Itaewon? If you like salads, it might be a good chance for you to try truffle oil bc, you can ask for it on the side. Yes a bit pricey, but just a suggestion~ So if you don't like the truffle oil you didn't ruin your whole salad. Btw, if you do like it, still don't use all of the side oil, it's probably too much.
Oh thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been there. ^^

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4664 on: February 12, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »
"Kevin Teacher, we did musicals and storytelling for the last two years. Please make some new ideas for next year."

Film-making and music video direction it is!

So many videos and film techniques to teach. And as long as the end result is in English, no one gives a flying olympic puck.

Hardest Button to Button, Daft Punk is Plying at my House, Tonight, Tonight.

PUMPED

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #4665 on: February 13, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
I feel like this schedule is intentionally designed to crush one's soul and destroy any sentimentality one may have had about leaving

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4666 on: February 14, 2018, 10:06:46 AM »
2 hours late. The world didn't end. hehehehehehe

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4667 on: February 14, 2018, 11:09:52 AM »
Wish I'd been 2 hours late. No one would have noticed today.

Why is it you feel laziest whenever you have a shit-ton of work to do?

I think it's time for a trip out of town somewhere.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4668 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »

Come to Asan with my group on Sunday. wkwkwkwkw

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4669 on: February 21, 2018, 09:23:14 AM »
I lost my phone last night. I know that it's at 안양샘병원 because I used Find My Phone.

What's my next step? Battery is at 37%.

Offline parkerynp

• Adventurer
« Reply #4670 on: February 21, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
My school decided this week was the time to work on the heating and A/C units. Last week in the Korean public school sector spent freezing my ass off doing nothing. Kind of a perfect way to end it.

On another note. The throw away tiny paper cup culture is maddening. Absolutely maddening.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4671 on: February 21, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
I am getting a free lunch today in a restaurant. Raw fish bibimbap. Even though I dislike raw fish, a few pieces in a bibimbap with some nice kimchi and banchan goes down a treat.

It's a pity that the goodwill shown by some Koreans such as free lunches is undone in a flash by a glaring ajumma or ajosshi.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4672 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:19 AM »
I want to buy a sword.

Come to Asan with my group on Sunday. wkwkwkwkw

Haha, I went to Busan and spent a bunch of money. Hope you had fun.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4673 on: February 23, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
So my mom is coming for a visit in March, and since I'm not going to be hobbled up on crutches after knee surgery like the last time she came, I will be able to accompany and take her to some different things around town/Korea. Any ideas? She's on the disabled side, not in a wheel chair, but still not able to spend all day hiking. I was thinking about taking her on a temple stay or day stay, we're going to the Paralympics and spending a day walking around Gangneung, we're going to go to Hwaseong fortress and the Yongin Korean Village, any other ideas. I was also thinking about a tea spa. Maybe a dog cafe again... I feel like I've been here so long, nothing seems that interesting.

Last time, she already went to the palaces and museums in Seoul, we went on a fall foliage temple tour, dog cafe, around La Festa and Lake Park in Ilsan...

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4674 on: February 23, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
So my mom is coming for a visit in March, and since I'm not going to be hobbled up on crutches after knee surgery like the last time she came, I will be able to accompany and take her to some different things around town/Korea. Any ideas? She's on the disabled side, not in a wheel chair, but still not able to spend all day hiking. I was thinking about taking her on a temple stay or day stay, we're going to the Paralympics and spending a day walking around Gangneung, we're going to go to Hwaseong fortress and the Yongin Korean Village, any other ideas. I was also thinking about a tea spa. Maybe a dog cafe again... I feel like I've been here so long, nothing seems that interesting.

Last time, she already went to the palaces and museums in Seoul, we went on a fall foliage temple tour, dog cafe, around La Festa and Lake Park in Ilsan...

Always nice when family come to stay, I found that the bits you find boring are the bits that someone who's not used to them, will find really interesting.  My dad, who's in his late seventies and not massively mobile, has been three times.  The first year was my wedding, so we went to Seoul on our wedding night and stayed in the Lotte Hotel.  He really hates lots of people, so didn't really like Seoul.  The next year, we (plus my wife) went down the west coast (I live in Chungnam) and went to Byeonsanbando and then to the bamboo fields in Damyang, and then to the green tea fields in Boseong.  Staying for an extra night in Gwangju.  We stayed in a couple of hotels and I made sure not to push him too hard as he'd just get tired.  The next year, he came was in Chuseok, so travelling was difficult so stayed around Chungnam and went to the beaches in Taean and then to Gongju.  Those simple trips seemed to be the nicest, although finding nice hotels outside of Seoul can be tricky.  Could you take a trip to Ullreungdo?  If I had the time with my dad, I'd do that.  But it depends on the time you have.
Yeah, I'm only planning one Seoul day since we are farm/small town folk and she would be blown away by all the people at first, but would get tired of it quickly I believe. One of the problems is that she is coming during work time. I have one week off while she is here, so we are going to go to Malaysia for that, and I know she will need some rest time after that, so I don't really want to plan for any other long trips. Ullreongdo sounds nice, though if anything, we may go to Jeju, since she wanted to go there last time, but didn't want to go alone and I just couldn't. If that were to happen though, I would have to take a few personal days. It would be nice to find a few places for weekend day trips from Suwon or a few evening outings.

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4675 on: February 23, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »
Why must every disagreement on waygook  degenerate into a pi$$ing contest?  Whatever happened to respecting others' rights to have and express opinions?  Or logically rebutting, as opposed to name calling?

Sometimes the size of the egos on this board astounds me.

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4676 on: February 23, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Why must every disagreement on waygook  degenerate into a pi$$ing contest?  Whatever happened to respecting others' rights to have and express opinions?  Or logically rebutting, as opposed to name calling?

yep.  i like a good argument/debate sometimes.  that's not what's happening here anymore. 

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4677 on: February 23, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »

Name and shame!  :smiley:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4678 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Combination of boredom and frustration in some cases, maybe. People tend to get pissy about things, and peeves turn into arguments because people can sometimes have a hard time seeing the gray in between all of that black and white. Then it escalates and people double down, and you've got yourself a pointless derail. xD

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4679 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »

Name and shame!  :smiley:

Nah, people can read for themselves and figure it out on their own.