November 19, 2018, 12:45:51 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 814957 times)

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4300 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
Hamilton is picking up these days from what I've heard with the artsy crowd choosing to live there over pricey T.O.  Aren't you thinking of Mike Meyers with the Scarberia reference?  Carrey was from Newmarket and actually lived in Burlington and I think Jackson's Point up on Lake Simcoe.  Anyways, all my points are ironically pointless and appropriate for this thread.  But, since you are Kev and from out that way you're likely the guy I shared a time slot with at Suwon immigration with when you were first in Gunpo.  If I'm right I'm amazed at my detecting skills.  Or I'm embarrassed that I spend enough time desk warming on this site to have gleaned that fact.  Either works.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4301 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:39 PM »
Hamilton is picking up these days from what I've heard with the artsy crowd choosing to live there over pricey T.O.  Aren't you thinking of Mike Meyers with the Scarberia reference?  Carrey was from Newmarket and actually lived in Burlington and I think Jackson's Point up on Lake Simcoe.  Anyways, all my points are ironically pointless and appropriate for this thread.  But, since you are Kev and from out that way you're likely the guy I shared a time slot with at Suwon immigration with when you were first in Gunpo.  If I'm right I'm amazed at my detecting skills.  Or I'm embarrassed that I spend enough time desk warming on this site to have gleaned that fact.  Either works.

Dayyumnnnnnnnnnnnn, hahaha, you are correct Sir! Well done.

I will find out all about you and bust your nut for Waygook (take that Pecan, who's gay now?). And, yeah, I was thinking of Mike Myers, I suppose, you're bang on about everything Carrey related.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4302 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »
CO2, as a Torontonian I don't get the Toronto reference.  Also, aren't you from Burlington?
Jim Carrey is from Scarberia. And I was born in Hamilton, McU. But I moved around Ontario a lot, and I lived in Toronto  prior to coming here. I don't identify with Hamilton at all, I've been back once since we moved away when I was 10. I identify more with Sudbury and Toronto even though I only lived in both for three years. Hometowns are important but I have no family of friends there and I only went back once to see Mumford and Sons at Copps.

Copps coliseum in Hamilton right?

Man, been there once in 2001 and had a blast at the Slayer/Pantera concert.  :azn:

Getting chased around parks by the OPP while in possession of 'contraband' was slightly less fun but still a thrill! haha

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4303 on: November 17, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »
Also, Pecan, he thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.
Huh?  You have me confused with someone else.  It is "exit only", here.

That said, I apologize for making light of your struggle with your identity.

A classmate I knew since kindergarten, went to school, studied the bible, and graduated high school with had similar struggles growing up in a traditional town.  He came to our twentieth reunion.  I don't know what transpired, but the day after, he was found hanging from the rafters in his garage.

His suicide note was never released.

Though that was years ago, people still face the same problems today.

If you like to wear makeup, drink cocktails, and have men buy you drinks all night, more power to you.  Men that are effeminate and metro make me uncomfortable, but that is my issue, not yours Kev.  I need to learn to be more tolerant of guys who are light in the loafers.

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4304 on: November 17, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »
I love how Pecan keeps calling CO2 gay and then even when he apologises for calling him gay he calls him gay again. Quite funny.

For the record I don't think CO2 is gay and i think it's pretty near impossible to make a youtube video for foreign kindies as a man without sounding a bit gay.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4305 on: November 17, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
I told her if it happens again, then I'm leaving.

Awesome. Take notes, people.

Agreed,
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4306 on: November 17, 2017, 01:27:02 PM »
I love how Pecan keeps calling CO2 gay and then even when he apologises for calling him gay he calls him gay again. Quite funny.

Agreed. A perfectly executed Pecan post! Standing ovation!

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4307 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »
Also, Pecan, he thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.

That said, I apologize for making light of your struggle with your identity.

A classmate I knew since kindergarten, went to school, studied the bible, and graduated high school with had similar struggles growing up in a traditional town.  He came to our twentieth reunion.  I don't know what transpired, but the day after, he was found hanging from the rafters in his garage.

His suicide note was never released.

Though that was years ago, people still face the same problems today.

If you like to wear makeup, drink cocktails, and have men buy you drinks all night, more power to you.  Men that are effeminate and metro make me uncomfortable, but that is my issue, not yours Kev.  I need to learn to be more tolerant of guys who are light in the loafers.

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.

Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable. Perhaps we could grab some bourbon and talk long into the night about epistemology and the history of man.
Most people think I am gay, and thus I have found that I'd do quite well if I were. Alas, the good Lord made me viciously attracted to women. I will say that being metro is incredibly effective. Perhaps it's a sort of nouveau masculinity? Just look at these KPOP boy bands!
But please, don't let me come in between you and CO2. That's a match made in heaven if I ever seen one, yessirree.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4308 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »
Also, Pecan, he [NOT YOU 바보 ㅎㅎ] thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.

No, I meant my Korean friend I was with. It's not all about you! hahahaha Also, if I posted a picture of Indo girl, which I won't, there would be no doubt as to my sexuality. I should stop thinking about it........ I'll get an erection at school and that's never good. Now, you might think I'm being overly defensive saying this, like I'm trying to overcompensate for some deep-seeded homosexuality. This is incorrect, I am simply bragging my ass off. hahahaha

As an aside, my Spanish friend (another BRO I mentioned earlier) were going up to the mosque area to get some Arabian food and we turned the corner just at the Turkish ice cream place.

:P Uhhhhh, Keveen, where we gone to eet? 

:police: Ah, we'll go up the hill and see what happens.

:P  :police::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P Poor choice of words, Keveen.

Now that's gay!

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.
You too, Pecan.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4309 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable. Perhaps we could grab some bourbon and talk long into the night about epistemology and the history of man.
NO GOSSIP

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4374

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4310 on: November 17, 2017, 01:37:42 PM »
NO GOSSIP

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4374

AHHH SH!T WHAT THE HELL?!
Is nothing sacred anymore?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4311 on: November 17, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
This thread (and Pecan?) seem to have become very entertaining as of late. 

Looks like I'm studying Korean at a university next month :D

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4312 on: November 17, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
This thread (and Pecan?) seem to have become very entertaining as of late. 

Looks like I'm studying Korean at a university next month :D

What University, and are you doing so while still teaching?

Man, I really want to just study Korean. May have to become a student again. My school squeezes all the work they can out of me, so while I do study a good bit of Korean each week (after school, that is), I'm often too tired to feel as though I've studied a worthwhile amount. :(

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4313 on: November 19, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
I said bitcchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4314 on: November 20, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
some deep-seeded homosexuality.
what a fabulous misspelling

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4315 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »

Dude! That's pretty cool. Did you actually get that close to him?

Was he drinking Cass??

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4316 on: November 20, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »

I did! Ran into my ex there. Smacked right into her, she got a selfie with him earlier. The only reason I knew about this specific resto in Gwangjang was due to her, this is where the foreign celebs come and eat. So, go figure I'd run into here here and she's showing off her selfie with Gordon, hahahaha.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4317 on: November 20, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
This Gordon Ramsay thing is big news in Korea today. Apparently he gave a press conference and proclaimed Cass to be a top world beer. Or so the **** in the office told me.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4318 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »

I did! Ran into my ex there. Smacked right into her, she got a selfie with him earlier. The only reason I knew about this specific resto in Gwangjang was due to her, this is where the foreign celebs come and eat. So, go figure I'd run into here here and she's showing off her selfie with Gordon, hahahaha.

Damn! haha well, Gordon's not my fave chef or anything but if I managed to get a selfie with him I'd probably be showing it off, too...

You said that resto is pretty famous for celebs, what's the name? I can't make it out from the sign ㅜㅜ

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4319 on: November 20, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
This Gordon Ramsay thing is big news in Korea today. Apparently he gave a press conference and proclaimed Cass to be a top world beer. Or so the **** in the office told me.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2017/11/694_239492.html

According to that article this is what he actually said about Cass and Korean food:

Some westerners, such as Daniel Tudor, a former Seoul correspondent for the Economist, also slammed the country's beers as dull beverages that are inferior to North Korea's Taedonggang Beer.

Stressing that Cass perfectly matches Korean foods, Ramsay jokingly promised to "kick the British journalist's ass," if he meets Tudor.

"Europeans are not used to spices, so I think they don't know the importance of cleansing and properly washing foods down," he said. "I don't think Korean foods go well with wine or expensive beers. I want beer that is easy, fresh and something that I can drink without having to show off."

He defined Cass as a "beer of the people," which can be served with family-style dinners, unlike IPAs.

Ramsay also regards the Korean beer as "the freshest and the coolest beer" for its relatively affordable price amid the long-lasting economic recession worldwide.

Make of that what you may lol