October 19, 2018, 08:50:31 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 787688 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4260 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:32 AM »
Realised my new favourite smell is onions and garlic frying in a lovely olive oil.

Actually, I love olive oil.

My Lottemart has this sale on different olive oils, and I just can't help myself when I walk past them, so now my cooker has a bunch of different olive oils next to it.  When I was in Daejeon 'Galleria' a while back I saw an unfiltered olive oil that I had to buy.  Lovely. 

I like olive oil.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4261 on: October 20, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »
I asked to borrow a power tool (from the school) for a home repair (yes, I could buy one, but they have never had a problem with me using tools, and I even think the dude appreciates it because I fix stuff in the classroom, too). After asking he said they don't have one, but paused, and said they do but it is 110 volts, and a US plug. I told him that I have some US 110 volt outlets at home, and he told me to take it and that there is no need to return it since they can't use it. Score.  :shocked: :afro:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4262 on: October 20, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »
Realised my new favourite smell is onions and garlic frying in a lovely olive oil.

Actually, I love olive oil.

My Lottemart has this sale on different olive oils, and I just can't help myself when I walk past them, so now my cooker has a bunch of different olive oils next to it.  When I was in Daejeon 'Galleria' a while back I saw an unfiltered olive oil that I had to buy.  Lovely. 

I like olive oil.

My father, on the family farm back home, grows olives and bottles real extra virgin olive oil (pressed off site though).  But he just can't compete on price with the bigger (mostly import) companies, and he's positive that what they label as extra virgin is not actually extra virgin but there is no proper regulation on the labeling so it's probably virgin or blended oil.  It's disappointing, as the family stuff is quality and it should sell really well, imho.

I like olive oil too.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4263 on: October 23, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
And it's basically my last week of classes (through Halloween anyway).  My how the time has flown.  I'm bittersweet about leaving (I really like my kids and my main school's faculty and staff are super awesome) but I've become too restless for this island.   

Been a really good run though.  Better to leave on a good note before I become jaded and cynical, hah. 

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4264 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »
My school PC (notebook) has started making chirping noises.  It's an old computer anyway, with Windows 7 and multiple problems.  Part of me hopes it dies and I get a new one, but I realize how unrealistic that is. 

I'm going to back everything up on a usb today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4265 on: October 23, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »
Making a kickin' "how to use NEIS" document for my successor. 

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4266 on: October 23, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
I went and hiked Seoraksan this weekend, to Decheongbong which is the highest peak, and while it was beautiful and perfect weather, my body feels like it's enflamed with every step I take today. My joints have never felt as sore as my ankles and knees felt while doing it.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4267 on: October 24, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
You would be doing *a lot* of people a big favour by posting it here and elsewhere!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4268 on: October 24, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »
I never realized how many lurkers were on this site until all the "help me threads" kept popping up. 

It's a shame these people never gave back, not with materials necessarily but even with commenting / sharing stuff.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4269 on: October 24, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »
I never realized how many lurkers were on this site until all the "help me threads" kept popping up. 

It's a shame these people never gave back, not with materials necessarily but even with commenting / sharing stuff.

Then we might discover more British people, to you know, slag off Wetherspoons, discuss all the tasty glory of Cornish pasties, talk about t-wats, debate about country pubs with real fires and ale, and not being world beaters at anything really but not really being that arsed by it.

;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4270 on: October 24, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

Then we might discover more British people, to you know, slag off Wetherspoons, discuss all the tasty glory of Cornish pasties, talk about t-wats, debate about country pubs with real fires and ale, and not being world beaters at anything really but not really being that arsed by it.

;D

A pasty sounds amazing right now.  Especially as the weather gets chiller.  Back round home there's a pasty food truck and it's one of my favorite things.  Love the bangers and mash pasty slathered in Guinness gravy. 

You would be doing *a lot* of people a big favour by posting it here and elsewhere!

Now I feel I've spoken too highly of my work-in-progress  :laugh:  A basic how to use NEIS document exists on the JLP teachers FB page already, but I don't know how detailed it gets as I learned how to use it via my ever kind main coT.  Perhaps I shall post it when complete, maybe it would be of use to someone!

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4271 on: October 24, 2017, 09:43:53 PM »

;D

A pasty sounds amazing right now.  Especially as the weather gets chiller.  Back round home there's a pasty food truck and it's one of my favorite things.  Love the bangers and mash pasty slathered in Guinness gravy. 

Now I feel I've spoken too highly of my work-in-progress  :laugh:  A basic how to use NEIS document exists on the JLP teachers FB page already, but I don't know how detailed it gets as I learned how to use it via my ever kind main coT.  Perhaps I shall post it when complete, maybe it would be of use to someone!

The way this site has gone people will have to pay to downoad it!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4272 on: October 25, 2017, 08:28:31 AM »
The way this site has gone people will have to pay to downoad it!

Fair point.  Forget that noise!  I'll have to figure out some sort of google link instead. 

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4273 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »

;D

That's my dream, fancy setting up a Brits only site?   ;D

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4274 on: October 25, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »

;D

A  sounds amazing right now.  Especially as the weather gets chiller.  Back round home there's a pasty food truck and it's one of my favorite things.  Love the bangers and mash pasty slathered in Guinness gravy. 

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I dream of pasties.

I used to work in a pasty shop for one summer as a teen, eating a pasty every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I still didn't get bored of them. They are glorious.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4275 on: October 25, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »
We had brownies for lunch today. They had a nice little flag sticking out of the top that said "Dokdo is ours"  :laugh:

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4276 on: October 25, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »

;D

A  sounds amazing right now.  Especially as the weather gets chiller.  Back round home there's a pasty food truck and it's one of my favorite things.  Love the bangers and mash pasty slathered in Guinness gravy. 

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I dream of pasties.

I used to work in a pasty shop for one summer as a teen, eating a pasty every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I still didn't get bored of them. They are glorious.

I dream of pasties too and I wake up heartbroken. I am going to try and make my own on the weekend though. (I say this every week)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4277 on: October 25, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
We had brownies for lunch today. They had a nice little flag sticking out of the top that said "Dokdo is ours"  :laugh:

Do you know Dokdo, Beautiful Island of Korea?

Today is its day.  :angel:

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4278 on: October 25, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »

Do you know Dokdo, Beautiful Island of Korea?

Today is its day.  :angel:

So that's why I got a Dokdo cupcake at lunch today.....  They used the icing for the sea and chocolate to make two bumps.  On another piece of chocolate was written 독도는 우리땅 (Dokdo is our land)

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4279 on: October 25, 2017, 02:16:18 PM »

;D

That would have been heaven!! I got to work in Argos on Saturdays when I was sixteen, in the build-up to Christmas.  Busy busy.  I grew up in Cornwall and every Friday at my primary school was 'Pasty Friday'!!!  Usually, when I go home, I buy few pasties, freeze them, put them in my suitcase and then by the time they get to Korea they are defrosted.