December 17, 2018, 01:52:09 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 855745 times)

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4200 on: November 02, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure he left when he found out that the admin here was stealing people's work and lying about it. But it could have been before that.

I went through a round of deleting my materials in September.  I didn't delete everything, because my rationale had to do with copyright infringement and not being on the receiving end of C&Ds or worse because money was now involved.

So I was only concerned with removing stuff with like Disney, Universal, etc imagery (rabidly litigious megacorps).

Then, the mods started surreptiously altering my posts and those of others to change the URL of a perfectly legitimate teacher sharing website.

As of Tuesday, I have removed every single bit of lesson plan material I ever put here. I can't wipe them from the servers though, and I frankly wonder if someone won't somehow rejuvenate our de-linked links .... (what with there being no honor among thieves).

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4201 on: November 02, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »

Then, the mods started surreptiously altering my posts and those of others to change the URL of a perfectly legitimate teacher sharing website.

Yeah, that was low. I was on the fence about coughing up 20 bucks, I mean I have downloaded a bunch from here in the past and it would be too bad if the site was unable to function as a resource for incoming teachers and general Korea life stuff...

But after seeing that post-altering BS this site will never see a penny from me. Nice work, waygook.org!  :rolleyes:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4202 on: November 02, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure he left when he found out that the admin here was stealing people's work and lying about it. But it could have been before that.

I went through a round of deleting my materials in September.  I didn't delete everything, because my rationale had to do with copyright infringement and not being on the receiving end of C&Ds or worse because money was now involved.

So I was only concerned with removing stuff with like Disney, Universal, etc imagery (rabidly litigious megacorps).

As of Tuesday, I have removed every single bit of lesson plan material I ever put here. I can't wipe them from the servers though, and I frankly wonder if someone won't somehow rejuvenate our de-linked links .... (what with there being no honor among thieves).

I'm quite surprised you haven't been purged yet to be honest. I said it in this thread already but there is something suspicious about all these 'thanks for this' posts in lesson plan threads from 2012 to make it look like new material had been posted. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of your stuff resurface from a different account either.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4203 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
That employment advertisement list on the right sure did get long...

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4204 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »
They didn't tell me that picture day was canceled, so I got all gussied up for nothing.  :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4205 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
They didn't tell me that picture day was canceled, so I got all gussied up for nothing.  :sad:

Picture.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4206 on: November 02, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »

Picture.

^^ Keep an eye on that one!

Offline newbie24

• Newgookin
« Reply #4207 on: November 02, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Consider this - Donovan has been on the mod watchlist more than a few times - in fact, he was on the watchlist nearly all the time.

Recently, mods have started to permanently ban people rather than merely mute them (and there is no way to determine if someone is in fact permanently banned - unless you are a mod).  I have doubts Donovan would have stopped posting altogether if that wasn't the case.

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4208 on: November 03, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
All my students were brilliant, but the being against vegetarianism viewpoint said that vegetarians had sexual dysfunction.

From now on, anytime I need to win an argument I'm going to cite my opponents as having a sexual dysfunction.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4209 on: November 03, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »
We had brownies for lunch today. They had a nice little flag sticking out of the top that said "Dokdo is ours"  :laugh:
When I was biking from Seoul to Busan over Chuseok, I saw a guy with a "Do you know Dokdo? Dokdo is Korean" bike jersey.  :laugh:

I was just gifted an English comic book called "THIS IS DOKDO."

:blank: :blank: :blank:

I don't know if it was purchased intentionally for me or if it was found laying about.

Likely they have a budget line for "propaganda, expats" to keep it separate from "propaganda, students", and "propaganda, staff."
They definitely do. I have seen "This is Dokdo" erasers for sale at a Morning Glory in Seoul. A few times. And some teacher Dokdo pamphlets, rather like gospel tracks, so I guess they can stay updated on if anything has changed.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4210 on: November 03, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »
I left some papers on a table in the test room, with a couple of other things. I then locked the door, and came back about 15 minutes later. The teachers were having a meeting in that room. I told them what I was doing, and they agreed to leave the room to let me continue. Finished what I was doing, and went to put all of the papers together. One of them stole my G-DAMN clip!! >:( :shocked:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4211 on: November 03, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
I don't get the anti dokdo agenda from the people on here.

What's the problem? Why does it upset you so much? What harm is it causing you?

Why don't you just let them be?
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4212 on: November 03, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »

I don't get the anti people taking the piss out of Dokdo agenda on here.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4213 on: November 03, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »

Classic.

I see all these dokdo haters floating around yet when that free trip to the hallowed dokdo rock comes along they can't get their bags packed fast enough.  :undecided:

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #4214 on: November 03, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »

I suppose it comes from overexposure. "Do you know Dok-do? It is Korean land!" can be a bit irritating after the zillionth time.
It's also one of the most obvious expressions of nationalism in Korea, which is something that many Westerners feel uncomfortable with.

It's also a convenient subject for mockery if a person wants to be a bit of an ******** without coming across as a racist ****.

That said, I generally don't make an issue of it. Smile, Nod, Ignore, Proceed!

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4215 on: November 06, 2017, 09:53:17 AM »
Why do certain PEOPLE ON THIS forum randomly write in CAPS LOCK like they don't have the skills to write a SENTENCE in English to express what they WANT to say without USING cAPs LOCK?  :police: I THOUGHT we had to have degrees to be employed HERE? lol :blank:

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4216 on: November 06, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »

Classic.

I see all these dokdo haters floating around yet when that free trip to the hallowed dokdo rock comes along they can't get their bags packed fast enough.  :undecided:

Really? I can't think of many things worse than sitting on a boat for however long it takes to get out there, to see some rocks. I have already been forced to go to some island out in the yellow sea, that took about 90 minutes to get to. It was an island. No beach. Just a craggy rock with a lighthouse on top. Never again. Add to that the endless drivel of moronic nationalism you would be subjected to on the boat journey to Dokdo. **** that.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4217 on: November 06, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
Only been in a few relationships, one a really long term one.  How's this dating thing work?   :laugh: :-[

Nothing wrong with being single for a time, I suppose.  Certainly simplifies things. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4218 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
Only been in a few relationships, one a really long term one.  How's this dating thing work?   :laugh: :-[

Nothing wrong with being single for a time, I suppose.  Certainly simplifies things.

I hear that. Got friendzoned after an eighth date. I gave her a piece of my mind. I don't play that shit.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4219 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »

Classic.

Yeah, no. I can't speak for others, but I was offered that free trip, and was like...a trip to a rock? No, thanks. And that was before I was having shoved down my throat every other day in some form or other.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.