September 25, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 772012 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4180 on: September 21, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
Real talk, waygook.org Inanity Crew users donovan, Chinguetti, yirj17, and possibly other peripheral members, you guys are #rare and #based forum people.

I hope the BasedGod shows you some love.

Just kidding. The BasedGod loves everyone all the time.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4181 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
I like hiking my local mountain, usually about 4-5 times a week, depending on the quality of the air.  Recently, the streams flowing down the mountain are still flowing from the raining season and during the summer which is really nice to see.  Although, I noticed this week while walking there was this small puddle half way down the mountain.  The only water flowing in it was coming from the mountain top.  It was only a metre or so in length and about 30 cms deep.  I was kind of surprised to see fish in it, and then I noticed there were also crayfish in it too.  They are only about 7-8 cms long, but I just couldn't work out how they'd get there.  I'm always curious about nature, but this kind of baffled me. 

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4182 on: September 22, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
I had a student that was incapable of telling me what the capital of Korea was. And not because she didn't know what the word capital was, she knew that the USA's capital was DC. She didn't know. She actually said Delaware and New Jersey when I asked her. Then when I asked her if she knew what Korea was, she said no...

I truly hope she was pulling my leg.

Online johnny2shoes

• Adventurer
« Reply #4183 on: September 22, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
I have one of these in my 7-11. I have lived in my apartment for 4 years now and it's been the same girl from when I first moved in. What I love (in addition to her constant bed head and pajama bottom fashion  :laugh:) is that her friends come to hang out ALL NIGHT lol. Sometimes her friends ring me up...but they definitely don't work there lol.

The 7-11 near my old apart had a uni student working night shift. She was one of the most sullen people I've ever interacted with but she managed to outlast all the other part-timers. I wonder if it was because the owners were just as entertained by her bizarre make-up jobs and coiffure as I was? Also, in all those years I never saw her in anything except for fuzzy pajamas, even when running into her during the day-time.

The pajama clad girl at the cu near my apartment took it a bit further. She had a poorly done diy tattoo across the knuckles of her left hand that I thought said "yolo". Then one day I got a look at her other hand. Turns out the tattoo read "f@ck you!"

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4184 on: September 22, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
Ahahahahaha
:laugh: :P :laugh: :P
I have one of these in my 7-11. I have lived in my apartment for 4 years now and it's been the same girl from when I first moved in. What I love (in addition to her constant bed head and pajama bottom fashion  :laugh:) is that her friends come to hang out ALL NIGHT lol. Sometimes her friends ring me up...but they definitely don't work there lol.

The 7-11 near my old apart had a uni student working night shift. She was one of the most sullen people I've ever interacted with but she managed to outlast all the other part-timers. I wonder if it was because the owners were just as entertained by her bizarre make-up jobs and coiffure as I was? Also, in all those years I never saw her in anything except for fuzzy pajamas, even when running into her during the day-time.

The pajama clad girl at the cu near my apartment took it a bit further. She had a poorly done diy tattoo across the knuckles of her left hand that I thought said "yolo". Then one day I got a look at her other hand. Turns out the tattoo read "f@ck you!"
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4185 on: September 22, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
So this just happened and it's Friday.

I teach my own classes (semi-private high school) but technically there are teachers assigned to vouch for the class because Korean law...
So today one of the teachers comes in...to be clear his English is quite good...but his listening is slow. It does not help that my coworker (another foreign teacher) talks to Koreans in what I call baby English. Really slow and sometimes unnecessarily small words and unnatural. A lot of the teachers here can understand very well. Sometimes he sounds like the horrible listening tests they give the students.

My students are doing self study. So they come in and I take attendance. (Korean teacher comes in at this point) I am missing Mina...Where is Mina, class? Giggles...She's sleeping...haha. In the classroom. And you just left her there...giggles...well, go get her! Jihye just went, teacher. Korean teacher witnesses all of this (all dialogue was in English) and turns to me and says, "Mina is in the classroom, she was sleeping. Students went to go get her." Me: :rolleyes: :blank: Okay, thanks!

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4186 on: September 22, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
There's a dress shop I walk by every so often that has its windows decorated with leaves. They're mostly bunched up in the corners in a docorative fashion but a few of them are placed to look like they're blowing gently through the wind.

Today I noticed they're marijuana leaves.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4187 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
On this note...why in the evening does my neighborhood always smell like someone lit up a doobie? lol

There's a dress shop I walk by every so often that has its windows decorated with leaves. They're mostly bunched up in the corners in a docorative fashion but a few of them are placed to look like they're blowing gently through the wind.

Today I noticed they're marijuana leaves.

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4188 on: September 22, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »
It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4189 on: September 22, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4190 on: September 22, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
Dave, do you have to go in during exams?

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4191 on: September 22, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »

Kyushuuuu yeahhh!! 

I'm fine tuning details for my next Japan trip and while slightly stressful it mostly makes me happy. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4192 on: September 22, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »
Dave, do you have to go in during exams?

Sure, I invigilate usually two out of the four tests each day.  We have the main invigilator and then a secondary invigilator, which is usually me.  I can get put with any teacher, which is kind of fun.  When I was in middle school I was only put with English teachers.  Now it's anyone.  So I joke with them, telling them it's their lucky day to invigilate with me  ;D TPG!!  Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4193 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »
Me? Done.
Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4194 on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4195 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
I've got to find out what's going on with my school's internet security settings.  I can't access my email-the page loads, but the blue bar never goes across-& now I can't see or make comments on FB. 

My coT is gone for the day because the first graders went to see a movie.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4196 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4197 on: September 22, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4198 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
Me? Done.

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Preferably Hiroshima style.  I am all about them noodles. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4199 on: September 25, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free