September 24, 2018, 11:01:04 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 771802 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4140 on: September 15, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »
I just figured out who someone on Waygook is in RL and I did a slow laugh. Somewhat like a slow clap. Wow.

WHO
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4141 on: September 15, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »
I just figured out who someone on Waygook is in RL and I did a slow laugh. Somewhat like a slow clap. Wow.

I think I am in shock. I can no longer look at him without a bit of a lip snarl. Also I just commented on a thread and then it magically disappeared.

Is it me? Do you know me? Aw man, don't tell everyone what a douche I am online   :sad:

:P :P

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4142 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
I told one of my friends that I am CO2 and she said, "Hahaha, yeah, I can see that."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

donovan

« Reply #4143 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
I just figured out who someone on Waygook is in RL

HA. Real life. As if that's a thing...

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4144 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »

I think I am in shock. I can no longer look at him without a bit of a lip snarl. Also I just commented on a thread and then it magically disappeared.

Finding that kind of thing out is truly magical :)

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4145 on: September 15, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »

Haha I know two people on waygook. One is the same IRL as he is on waygook: toxic, sad, hates everthing because he hates himself, etc.. I almost feel sorry for the guy
The other is the very definition of a keyboard warrior. Really nice/shy guy in real life, but I've seen him bullying others on here. I just laugh because he would NEVER say things like that in person  :laugh:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4146 on: September 15, 2017, 11:44:01 AM »
Well, it looks like I'm safe: I don't actually exist in real life.  :smiley:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4147 on: September 15, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm safe: I don't actually exist in real life.  :smiley:

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4148 on: September 15, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4149 on: September 20, 2017, 10:21:52 AM »
Kimduham plays golf.
Loses golf ball in thick rough.
Titleist pro v1 (money is no object)
Weeks go by.
Months go by.
Foreigner finds golf ball in thick rough.
It's a pro v1.
Sweet.
KimbuHam's cell phone bleeps.
GPS tracker in golf ball.
Locates foreigner.
Foreigner has E2 visa.
Kimdokdo calls immigration.
Foreigner teaching kindy at hagwon.
Knock on door.
Immigration chief and police enter.
Ask foreigner why he stole golf ball.
Foreigner fired.
Foreigner visa cancelled.
Foreigner taken to Jail awaiting deportation.
Kimchi and white rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Foreigner starts go fund me page for flight back to foreign land.
Pecan comments he should have had insurance in interview to Korea times.
Arsalan donates money from subscriptions to fly foreigner home.
Waygook.org users applaud Arsalan for rescuing E2 criminal.
Donations to site flood in. Servers are hanging on by a thread.
Lessons plans of university level quality uploads soar.
Korea over takes Finland as best English speakers for secondary language.
South Korea and North Korea unify peacefully.
First Macdonalds in North Korea opens. Line is 27km long.
Waygook.org buys facebook.com for $1tn.
Kimduhan inadvertently the architect of the greatest series of events in history.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4150 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:21 AM »
This is an amazing story...lol

Kimduham plays golf.
Weeks go by.
Months go by.
It's a pro v1.
Sweet.
Locates foreigner.
Foreigner has E2 visa.
Knock on door.
Foreigner fired.
Kimduhan inadvertently the architect of the greatest series of events in history.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4151 on: September 20, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
Today, the high school level 2 listening test was interesting as always for the voice actors they use.  Years ago, I remember the British person they used, sounded like he had a concussion or something by the way he was talking, but today they've hired one of the Sesame Street actors by the sounds of it.  His American accent was hilarious.  'You sound so enthooosiastic' 'Any interesting noooos today, honey'  Even my students came up to me after and were doing funny impressions of his accent.   :laugh:

During the tests, me and my co-teacher will play a game.  I used to do this in middle school too with other co-ts.  Before it starts we choose five random questions and pick an answer.  Usually, the one involving money, a picture etc.  Then during the test, we see who gets most right.  As one is at the front and one is at the back, we can celebrate quietly so the other notices.  The loser has to buy a cookie for the winner.  Today was 2-2.  She pulled it back on Q.18.  :-[

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4152 on: September 20, 2017, 12:31:38 PM »
Kimduham plays golf.
Weeks go by.
Months go by.
It's a pro v1.
Sweet.
Locates foreigner.
Foreigner has E2 visa.
Knock on door.
Foreigner fired.
Kyndo makes a lame pun and posts a stupid .gif to commemorate the event.

donovan

« Reply #4153 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »
Standing in a subway car covered floor to ceiling with Larva characters, the Korean cartoon that takes place in a sewer and is prone to flatulence, vomit, and poop gags.

Just be happy it's not more Pororo.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4154 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:31 AM »
Ahahahahaha...my yuhak boys came in (after the test) to complain about the voices and said EXACTLY THIS!

Today, the high school level 2 listening test was interesting as always for the voice actors they use.  Years ago, I remember the British person they used, sounded like he had a concussion or something by the way he was talking, but today they've hired one of the Sesame Street actors by the sounds of it.  His American accent was hilarious.  'You sound so enthooosiastic' 'Any interesting noooos today, honey'  Even my students came up to me after and were doing funny impressions of his accent.   :laugh:

During the tests, me and my co-teacher will play a game.  I used to do this in middle school too with other co-ts.  Before it starts we choose five random questions and pick an answer.  Usually, the one involving money, a picture etc.  Then during the test, we see who gets most right.  As one is at the front and one is at the back, we can celebrate quietly so the other notices.  The loser has to buy a cookie for the winner.  Today was 2-2.  She pulled it back on Q.18.  :-[

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4155 on: September 21, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
Sinbundang line? LOL. I got the Dino Core train yesterday lol

Standing in a subway car covered floor to ceiling with Larva characters, the Korean cartoon that takes place in a sewer and is prone to flatulence, vomit, and poop gags.

Just be happy it's not more Pororo.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4156 on: September 21, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
Ahahahahaha...my yuhak boys came in (after the test) to complain about the voices and said EXACTLY THIS!

I like to pay attention to the ratio of American to British English speakers on it.  One thing I always highlight to my students is the 다문화 (multi-culture) families, the mum will be British and the son American.   :cheesy: How does that work?  Also yesterday there was one where the married couple were discussing what to do after retirement, he wanted to live in the country, the wife in the city, it was a real back and forth dialogue, after the test my student came to me and said they should probably get divorced, which was exactly (이혼) what I'd written on my paper.

If I have no class for the listening test, I'll listen to the 1st and 3rd grade too.  I like to find out what the examiners are looking for.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4157 on: September 21, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »
Thankfully, I don't have to get involved in the listening test. My classes are  just extra for them (1st), 국제 classes. So we have a separate curriculum for them. And my yuhak (2nd) kids just skip Korean and have their advanced English with me. This is when they complain about the listening tests. "Teacher the voice this time...soooo annoying" lol

I like to pay attention to the ratio of American to British English speakers on it.  One thing I always highlight to my students is the 다문화 (multi-culture) families, the mum will be British and the son American.   :cheesy: How does that work?  Also yesterday there was one where the married couple were discussing what to do after retirement, he wanted to live in the country, the wife in the city, it was a real back and forth dialogue, after the test my student came to me and said they should probably get divorced, which was exactly (이혼) what I'd written on my paper.

If I have no class for the listening test, I'll listen to the 1st and 3rd grade too.  I like to find out what the examiners are looking for.

donovan

« Reply #4158 on: September 21, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »
Just finished deleting nearly all of my lesson plans.  Feel kind of sad... :sad:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4159 on: September 21, 2017, 08:43:41 AM »
Just finished deleting nearly all of my lesson plans.  Feel kind of sad... :sad:

Yeah, all of this is really disappointing.

Are you migrating over to the other site?