December 14, 2018, 05:51:57 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 851909 times)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3540 on: May 25, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
My Thursday school has one 5th grader in the entire school. Due to a presentation on skincare, we had to swap his class to after lunch, but after lunch no one could find him! He's not a jerk, he's actually a really nice student and he likes English so he didn't up and run away, it turns out no one told him so he went to his normal class and half the school spent 20 minutes trying to find him while not bothering to check his classroom...

Oh well, that was a short lesson.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3541 on: May 25, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
Most of my classes are hanging in there but man oh man this whole "Hello it is 90 degrees I hope this fan helps" is making some of them draaaaaag.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3542 on: May 25, 2017, 04:42:02 PM »
^My students are getting lethargic already too. 

Started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it's a good time.   

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3543 on: May 26, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
^My students are getting lethargic already too. 

Started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it's a good time.
I love B99. That's a good idea, I should show that in class.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3544 on: May 26, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
I just want to go home and eat some ramen already. Add some dumplings and mushrooms cuz that's how I like it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3545 on: May 26, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
I just want to go home and eat some ramen already. Add some dumplings and mushrooms cuz that's how I like it.

Guhh I miss Fukuoka. Top notch pork broth ramen.

My usual home ramen includes minced garlic, green onions, and an egg. Dumplings if i've got em. Sometimes even potatoes and carrots though the former can thicken the broth too much if i'm not diligent.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3546 on: May 26, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »
Had brunch with my 8 year old son last Saturday at the Original Pancake House in Itaewon.

He looks out the window and asks, "Dad, what the heck is an Adult Store?"

donovan

« Reply #3547 on: May 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Had brunch with my 8 year old son last Saturday at the Original Pancake House in Itaewon.

He looks out the window and asks, "Dad, what the heck is an Adult Store?"

Kids are hitting puberty earlier and earlier these days.  A perfect opportunity for 'The Talk'.

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3548 on: May 26, 2017, 12:26:26 PM »
New Chapo Trap House episode came out today. Anyone else listen to that show?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3549 on: May 26, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »
^^^hahaha. Is it now time for the talk?

I still have 3 classes left.  :cry: It was supposed to be only 2, but because for whatever reason M1-2 is having class cancelled for next week, they have to have class with me twice today.

Edit: That was fast. My first comment was for JNM, not Baby Aubergine.

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #3550 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »
Yes. But only for Felix.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3551 on: May 26, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

That's the best name for a podcast I've ever heard. I kind of want to listen to it, but honestly I can't stand political podcasts. But David Cross is on it. So that makes me want to listen.

I think the main reason it's done great (think it holds some kind of all-time Patreon record, so they will probably never need to advertise) is that it's nothing like a normal political podcast. If you're somewhat leftist and either understand or can tolerate some really obscure Twitter references, I'd say give it a crack

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3552 on: June 02, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
Delicious garbage update:

Lotteria has this burger with bacon and an ENTIRE MOZZARELLA CHEESE PATTY. I can't stay away, I won't stay away.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3553 on: June 02, 2017, 09:15:29 AM »
We were talking about stubbornness at lunch yesterday. It came up that I am stubborn about one thing, being on time for class. It was said that I am very set in my ways in that I want all teachers, as well as students, to be on time if they are coming to my class (as in, when the bell finishes ringing everyone is sitting down and ready).  :laugh: :laugh: My response: "I literally only ask for one thing." 

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3554 on: June 02, 2017, 09:19:51 AM »

Lotteria has this burger with bacon and an ENTIRE MOZZARELLA CHEESE PATTY. I can't stay away, I won't stay away.
Have you tried it already, or only saw it on the posters? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been to Lotteria since my first year here and it was the only thing in my area.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3555 on: June 02, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »
Overdid it at the gym yesterday and didn't stretch enough after the fact because I had to rush to get somewhere, and I'm reeaaaally feeling it right now.

The pain feels good today, though. Maybe it's because it's Friday and I don't need to be anywhere. I can actually look forward to sinking my bones into bed and watching a good movie later. Might even buy some ice cream to keep me company. I haven't had ice cream in a long time.

Anyone getting a 4-day weekend?

Also forgot that the new Pirates movie is out. Need to catch it.

Offline wanderlust8

• Veteran
« Reply #3556 on: June 02, 2017, 10:24:59 AM »
Overdid it at the gym yesterday and didn't stretch enough after the fact because I had to rush to get somewhere, and I'm reeaaaally feeling it right now.

The pain feels good today, though. Maybe it's because it's Friday and I don't need to be anywhere. I can actually look forward to sinking my bones into bed and watching a good movie later. Might even buy some ice cream to keep me company. I haven't had ice cream in a long time.

Anyone getting a 4-day weekend?

Also forgot that the new Pirates movie is out. Need to catch it.

My co is getting a 4 day weekend but I'm not. I figure I'll just have a netflix day since I'll have the room to myself.

I really loved the new Pirates movie. Highly recommend it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3557 on: June 02, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »

Have you tried it already, or only saw it on the posters? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been to Lotteria since my first year here and it was the only thing in my area.

I've had it twice, almost three times but reached out to a friend to talk me down off the ledge. It is seriously amazing.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3558 on: June 02, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »

I've had it twice, almost three times but reached out to a friend to talk me down off the ledge. It is seriously amazing.
Haha ohh, good to know. I have been pretty good lately with foods and gym so maybe as a treat. I love melty mozzarella on stuff.

@Chinguetti- It's a really fun movie, I liked it.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3559 on: June 02, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.