December 14, 2018, 07:21:13 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 852002 times)

donovan

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3400 on: April 27, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
What did the Korean tourists do at the Icelandic Phallic Museum?

I thought this was a set up for a bawdy pun.

Uhhh...they called the curator a 노디크?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3401 on: April 27, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
I thought this was a set up for a bawdy pun.

Uhhh...they called the curator a 노디크?

Shit, that's clever. Well done hahahahahaha
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3402 on: April 28, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

I hope I don't jinx things by posting this.  :wink:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3403 on: April 28, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »
I saw a perfect dandelion bloom. 

I kicked it. 

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3404 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54:18 AM »
Yesterday the sky was really clear and blue in the town where my travel school is. My students were all pointing it out like it was some kind of rare phenomenon (which I guess in Korea it is). One of the first things I started missing when I moved here was the clear blue African sky I had taken for granted for so long. It's kinda sad. I think when I go home I will really make a point of appreciating the whole lying on the grass looking up at blue skies and fluffy clouds thing.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3405 on: April 28, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »
Planning workshop usually stresses me out (I overthink it then it usually gets canceled) since levels are all over the place and I'm not accustomed to "teaching" adults. 

Then I had an epiphany.  Let's just practice common phrases by playing games like in my normal classes.  None of these teachers are super serious. 

Time to play flip cup and cup pong.   8)

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3406 on: April 28, 2017, 08:30:43 AM »
Yesterday the sky was really clear and blue in the town where my travel school is. My students were all pointing it out like it was some kind of rare phenomenon (which I guess in Korea it is). One of the first things I started missing when I moved here was the clear blue African sky I had taken for granted for so long. It's kinda sad. I think when I go home I will really make a point of appreciating the whole lying on the grass looking up at blue skies and fluffy clouds thing.

Just saw this yesterday.

National Geographic is having a "point your camera up" contest for kids:

http://kids-myshot.nationalgeographic.com/page/monthly-challenge?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_tw20170427kids-myshotchallenge&utm_campaign=Content&sf73691031=1

YoungMin

« Reply #3407 on: April 28, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »

I noticed that twice this past week. Actual blue skies. Mentioned it to my wife and got in trouble for complaining about the grey skies cos that's China's fault. Seriously.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3408 on: April 28, 2017, 08:35:42 AM »

I noticed that twice this past week. Actual blue skies. Mentioned it to my wife and got in trouble for complaining about the grey skies cos that's China's fault. Seriously.

Yikes.  Small things like this make me glad I'm out in the boonies where the sky is more likely to be blue than grey. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3409 on: April 28, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »

Yikes.  Small things like this make me glad I'm out in the boonies where the sky is more likely to be blue than grey.
Obligatory Morrissey meme

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3410 on: April 28, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

Obligatory Morrissey meme

Last night the air quality rating was only 42 in my area! We were actually in the green! It's the first time I think I've ever seen that o.o

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #3411 on: April 28, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
I have the munchies something fierce today but I don't have anything to snack on.

And I still haven't gotten my turkey sandwich.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3412 on: April 28, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
Other day at the bus stop, the old lady struck again. 

Started talking at me so I nodded along politely, no idea what she was going on about this time.   

She then approached and sat right in front of me.   :shocked:  Handed me a folded piece of paper.  Was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't chicken scratch cursive and just the date of the election so it was easy to decipher.  Ah

Then I think she started rambling about how difficult it is for her to go vote because of how far it is from her home.  I think.   :undecided:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #3413 on: April 28, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
I have the munchies something fierce today but I don't have anything to snack on.

I keep a bag of nuts and/or dried fruit in my desk for those times :)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3414 on: April 28, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »
Never fails.  I happen to be the only one in the office when a random Korean happens by. 

I didn't catch what he said at first so I just went with "몰라요."  Which probably made no sense to his query as he then surmised I did not speak Korean. 

PLOT TWIST -- he spoke some English!  Got his objective sorted real quickly thereafter.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3416 on: April 28, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »

I keep a bag of nuts and/or dried fruit in my desk for those times :)

LOL, I never understand how other people "keep" snacks. How? How does it work? If there is something to eat in my vicinity, it gets eaten. There is no "keeping" anything with me  :-[

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3417 on: April 28, 2017, 12:59:27 PM »
Went for a walk at Emart over lunch.  Saw an old guy wearing a hiking jacket under hospital pjs walking around like he owned the place, and another angry looking guy carrying a baseball bat coming in the opposite direction.

I didn't see shat happened after that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:25:19 PM by JNM »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3418 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
LOL, I never understand how other people "keep" snacks. How? How does it work? If there is something to eat in my vicinity, it gets eaten. There is no "keeping" anything with me  :-[

CO2, there's a bag of chocolate chip cookies over there, help yourself.

"Welp, I hope you enjoyed having cookies."

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #3419 on: April 28, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
Holy shit, some kid just smashed his face off the desk (grade 1 or 2 kid). Right above his eye was a inch gash, blood all over his face. He's screaming, the Korean after school teacher is dumbstruck. Nurse comes up and assesses, tries to pick him up. Nope.

CO2, teacher. Help!

I GOT THIS.

So there's me carrying a bloody child down 4 flights of stairs. People looking, kids going WHHHAAAAAA???

Kids kicking, he's screaming, but I got him. I didn't do 10 years of Boy Scouts to drop a kid down some stairs. I have resolve.

Get down there, drop him on the bed.

Feel like a god damn hero. Adrenaline man, ain't nothing like it.

See Camden pull THAT shit off.