November 18, 2018, 10:17:50 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 814016 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2140 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »
As for the tv stuff, I love Scrubs! That and Psych are both good choices. Community has always been my favorite of the NBC sitcoms, followed by Parks and Rec. Some other good ones to look up are Fresh off the Boat, Brooklyn Nine Nine, or Bobs Burgers if you're looking for light and short.

Second Bob's Burgers, it's one of my favorite animated shows atm.

Which brings to mind Archer. Love that series, too.

Archer!! A guilty pleasure of mine. I need to watch the later seasons, I've only seen up to the point where they move.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2141 on: November 24, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2142 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »
Imogen1991  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice  8)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2143 on: November 24, 2016, 07:59:03 PM »
DUDES.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2144 on: November 25, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »
Going to a Korean friend's house on Sunday to cook up some basic Thanksgiving food for her and her family. Not gonna **** with a bird, so we're just going to order a whole cooked chicken from a chicken place, and then I'm gonna make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and I think I've been roped into making a blueberry pie after saying how easy it is to make them.

I have no idea what to make for a vegetable though. I've heard green beans are expensive and my friend hates carrots. Thoughts?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2145 on: November 25, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
Corn? Caramelized carrots?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2146 on: November 25, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
Going to a Korean friend's house on Sunday to cook up some basic Thanksgiving food for her and her family. Not gonna **** with a bird, so we're just going to order a whole cooked chicken from a chicken place, and then I'm gonna make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and I think I've been roped into making a blueberry pie after saying how easy it is to make them.

I have no idea what to make for a vegetable though. I've heard green beans are expensive and my friend hates carrots. Thoughts?

Braised red cabbage.  Fry some onion in a saucepan, chop up the red cabbage, and add a peeled, chopped apple, some vinegar and then water, salt and pepper and then cook for a while.  You can add spices like cinammon if you have it.

Ooh, that sounds like an excellent backup plan if the beans are expensive. Thank you!

@yirj - my friend HATES carrots with a passion. It was my first thought too. I'll ask what she thinks about corn but corn is kinda weird in Korea

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2147 on: November 25, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »
There's so much random corn on things that I thought it'd be a safe bet, hahaha

Ooo what about creamed spinach?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2148 on: November 25, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »

I just made creamed spinach for the first time a couple months ago and it was so good!

YoungMin

« Reply #2149 on: November 25, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Very nice.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2150 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
Some coworkers just came to the office bearing gifts-- snacks heated drinks from the local mart.  8)

Debating whether to venture into the city for a Thanksgiving meal. Thinking I might. Shame the restaurant is only doing it tonight and not Saturday as well. But I might take early leave so as to get there in time

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2151 on: November 25, 2016, 09:49:47 AM »

I just made creamed spinach for the first time a couple months ago and it was so good!

Is spinach easy to find? I admit I don't go grocery shopping that much.

Offline samgakji

• Adventurer
« Reply #2152 on: November 25, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »

Some coworkers just came to the office bearing gifts-- snacks heated drinks from the local mart.  8)

Debating whether to venture into the city for a Thanksgiving meal. Thinking I might. Shame the restaurant is only doing it tonight and not Saturday as well. But I might take early leave so as to get there in time

Ok guys, you've done it. This thread can now be shut down. Pointless Friday ramblings has been achieved

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #2153 on: November 25, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
Ok guys, you've done it. This thread can now be shut down. Pointless Friday ramblings has been achieved
No! We can go deeper, further, more pointless! I know it!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2154 on: November 25, 2016, 10:10:40 AM »
No! We can go deeper, further, more pointless! I know it!

Pointlessly pointless inception?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2155 on: November 25, 2016, 12:17:17 PM »

Oh yeah, it's super easy. It's everywhere!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2156 on: November 25, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2157 on: November 25, 2016, 02:01:32 PM »
Spinach here is dirttttt cheap, and generally really fresh and good. Back home, I used to only eat baby spinach, but here you can get regular spinach and it's still soft and good.

baby spinach drives me crazy. it's become so popular that I often have trouble finding regular spinach, and baby spinach tastes a lot more iron-y to me than regular spinach, to the point that if I eat a bunch of it my teeth feel weird

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2158 on: November 28, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
"Thanksgiving" dinner went pretty well, although I messed up a bit on the dishes I have less experience making (stuffing and the creamed spinach). My friend's grandpa's friends came over and were all eating raw fish that one of the friends had caught that morning, and tried some of the food. They really loved the mashed potatoes and gravy and kept looking at me, pointing at the food, and saying "American Style! Very good!" Even though I made a huge amount of gravy compared to the amount of food overall, it was gone before I headed home. I think the star of the night was the pomegramate-cherry pie with handmade whipped cream though  :evil:

My friend also invited me to be her "date" for a wedding next Sunday. I'm excited because I've wanted to go to a Korean wedding, and even though two people in my office have gotten married, since I wasn't specifically invited I didn't feel comfortable going. It's pretty funny, though, because all of her coworkers think we're dating since we're practically joined at the hip, and this is not going to help matters  :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2159 on: December 01, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
'tis December, y'all.

Last night was teacher's dinner and we ended up at the same restaurant as another middle school we just played volleyball against. The other school made a loud toast and my school seemed to view that as a challenge which resulted in a friendly competition of who can make the loudest cheer  :laugh: :laugh: