October 17, 2018, 10:06:39 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 785916 times)

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »
Kyndo, seriously? Long walk, short dock. The time adds up when you only have 1-2 hours of prep in a day to make EIGHT OR NINE different PPTs.

You think it's so rad and easy? You come work this job, with these people. Please.

I think I'm done with pointless rambling.

I wish: I live 2-3 hours inland, so no docks here. I miss swimming. :sad:

Yeah, time constraints make everything more difficult: I've been here for a bit, so I can dust off old files and spruce them up for short-notice lessons. Which I don't have too many of, thankfully, because my coworkers all understand that I get cranky when surprised with... well... surprise lessons.

Anyway, for the majority of us public teachers who don't have 8-9 classes a day, those three points are ones to keep in mind.

And no time for rambling? Then maybe this one?

Note that I never said these "three points" you are so obsessed with are bad ideas, merely that they are time-consuming. I don't appreciate being spoken down to and I don't think my saying "sometimes these specific things take a long time" is deserving of  condescension.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »
What was the name of that program? I downloaded it once, it was fun for a while
The one in the posted video is called "xtranormal", and is now defunct. :(

Edit: Looks like the company has recently been bought out, and the new company intends to re-release the video-maker sometime in the near future!   :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:59:20 PM by kyndo »

Offline jamonamagnet

• Expert Waygook
  • Don't put jam on a magnet.
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
It was XtraNormal.  I actually used it in class once.  I copied the dialog from the textbook and then suddenly it was interesting! (Teechuh!  Moobie!)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »
Note that I never said these "three points" you are so obsessed with are bad ideas, merely that they are time-consuming. I don't appreciate being spoken down to and I don't think my saying "sometimes these specific things take a long time" is deserving of  condescension.
My comments weren't meant to be condescending, and I apologize if it came across that way.
Was just posting info that I sincerely thought might be relevant and could possibly help a soul out.
And sometimes the humour doesn't translate well to text.  :undecided:

Online jamienottingham

• Veteran
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »
Plotagon and GoAnimate are two alternatives I can find... failing that I could always animate from scratch :huh:

Edit: Plotagon is free, GoAnimate is 40$ a month
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:02:26 PM by jamienottingham »

Online jamienottingham

• Veteran
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2015, 05:28:50 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb4N80QlxpE

I can't remember how good xtranormal was, but that was fun to make during deskwarming

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »

I can't remember how good xtranormal was, but that was fun to make during deskwarming

I like his mustache and the smooch attempt.  :cheesy:

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »

I ALMOST PEED.

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2015, 08:54:36 PM »
I made this, but it doesn't seem to want to upload to Youtube.

Anyways, this sis a conversation I had today: https://plotagon.com/81018

Offline johnny russian

• The Legend
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »

i agree with your co-teacher, you might want to take a second look at your attire - i think i got an upskirt glimpse of you in that video.

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »

i agree with your co-teacher, you might want to take a second look at your attire - i think i got an upskirt glimpse of you in that video.

By Korean standards, very fashionable.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2015, 07:09:47 AM »
Bought a hot crispy chicken burger from Lotteria (arguably the only good burger on the whole menu).

Totally agree. Sorry you had a bad experience with it.

Only when they cook it.

:lipsrsealed:

Offline orangeman

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hilarious.  I feel like a lot of the acting was spot on, except I didn't go in for a hug (boob grab?) at the end.  Instead, the guy should have taken a stiff drink from a flask hidden under his desk. 

Nice job!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2015, 07:54:23 AM »
Why must I say hello to EVERY STUDENT individually? Why can't I just say hi to everyone as a group and have nobody get offended. "Teachaa! Me too Hello!"

Also, why don't the teachers at my school carpool, and ask me if I'd like to as well? Two of my schools are in the countryside and most of the teachers drive here from town. Its a 40 min bus ride. Now in the morning I don't mind to much. But some days Id love a drive into town rather than waiting for the bus in the rain. But even my co teachers just drive by and wave... :sad:

Offline Hot6^

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2015, 08:01:08 AM »
Being switched to moderated, for like 2 weeks, with no reasonable explanation, and no Idea how I broke TOS at all....

What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

Online jamienottingham

• Veteran
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2015, 08:03:59 AM »

Hilarious.  I feel like a lot of the acting was spot on, except I didn't go in for a hug (boob grab?) at the end.  Instead, the guy should have taken a stiff drink from a flask hidden under his desk. 

Nice job!

I also took your username very literally  ;D

YoungMin

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
Why must I say hello to EVERY STUDENT individually? Why can't I just say hi to everyone as a group and have nobody get offended. "Teachaa! Me too Hello!"

Also, why don't the teachers at my school carpool, and ask me if I'd like to as well? Two of my schools are in the countryside and most of the teachers drive here from town. Its a 40 min bus ride. Now in the morning I don't mind to much. But some days Id love a drive into town rather than waiting for the bus in the rain. But even my co teachers just drive by and wave... :sad:

The teachers drive past me when I'm walking the mile or so from the bus stop to the school. Never once have I been offered a lift rain or shine. I guess I must smell or something.

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

Nice job!

I also took your username very literally  ;D

I liked the mustache!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »
It's FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYY  :afro:

hehehee thanks for this  :cheesy:

Offline tamjen

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2015, 08:38:16 AM »
It's Friday and only 8 days left counting today until summer break. I will be 90% finished my goal of being here 5 years.

My schedule has been pretty much static my entire time here, 18 classes per week. Last year I never had a single week go by in which at least 1 class wasn't cancelled. This term will pass without my teaching a full slate of 18 classes in any week. Half of next term is guaranteed to be that way as every 2nd Friday I deskwarm (this has been the norm for 3 years) because it's grammar day and the Korean teacher plows ahead and I would "slow her down". Cool!

Nearly done. Going home soon for vacation. One more term in which I'll care less than I do now as improbable as that seems.

One of my schools, the middle school, is changing entirely for next year and becoming a "Special Ed." school. Despite being a middle school the curriculum from what I have seen is much more like a Kindergarten or grade 1 elementary scene.

There is no way in hell I would stay and teach there. It's going to be a zoo. They're doubling the classes, adding a dormitory and sending all the Korean teachers to a special summer training session so they will be able to deal with the new 'ahem' level of students.

Two of the 8 teachers have already handed in their notice of retirement. They see what's coming down the pipe and are taking their pensions and getting out.

If they hire a foreigner to replace me, I feel sorry for them already. I can envision a runner in the offing.

The elementary schools will be nice still.

I have grown tired of this place - Korea -  but I'm too close to the finish line to walk now.
Hail Caesar