January 24, 2019, 05:58:09 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 884002 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1720 on: October 21, 2016, 02:07:28 PM »
I was inspecting the goods on the snack table in the teachers' office when a coworker comes up and says:

"Don't think. Just eat."

He then proceeds to put one of everything into my hands.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1721 on: October 21, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »
You have some of the cutest KTs at your school. Makes me jealous.

I think I'm going to walk for about 4-5 hours after work today. Now I just have to decide on a few destinations to make that happen because I can't just walk to walk (even though that's usually why I'm doing it).

Wish I could just go hiking after work for that long but it gets dark fast now and, I'll admit, I get scared being on a mountain at night. It's hard to see and I believe in monsters.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1722 on: October 21, 2016, 02:28:04 PM »
Same! Why can't I have cute cots instead of a jerky boss who nags me about eating bread ;-;

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1723 on: October 21, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »
My sun butter got clumpy. :(

What even does this mean? Is sun butter like body butter?

I think she's talking about sunflower butter (like peanut butter, but made out of sunflower seeds instead).
I was indeed! Its really yummy on apples.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1724 on: October 21, 2016, 03:28:51 PM »
You have some of the cutest KTs at your school. Makes me jealous.

I think I'm going to walk for about 4-5 hours after work today. Now I just have to decide on a few destinations to make that happen because I can't just walk to walk (even though that's usually why I'm doing it).

Wish I could just go hiking after work for that long but it gets dark fast now and, I'll admit, I get scared being on a mountain at night. It's hard to see and I believe in monsters.
Same. I'll be perfectly fine and then suddenly get in my own head and freak myself out and I have to get out of there fast. Who knows what could be lurking.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1725 on: October 21, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »
Supposedly there are wild fanged deer where I live but I have yet to see any. Caution, y'all.

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #1726 on: October 21, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
I'm going to Japan tomorrow.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1727 on: October 21, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
From what I can google, they seem pretty cute though:

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1728 on: October 24, 2016, 08:27:45 AM »
That sounds like the kinda deer that they had on The Oregon Trail game that would bite you to death.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1729 on: October 24, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »
That sounds like the kinda deer that they had on The Oregon Trail game that would bite you to death.

What?! I remember sometimes dying in the river or characters dying of disease but biting deer?!

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1730 on: October 24, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »

What?! I remember sometimes dying in the river or characters dying of disease but biting deer?!
Yeah, we [played it in our history class and my friends character died after he failed at going hunting. :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1731 on: October 24, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
What age is too young to show a clip of the Nightmare Before Christmas? For example, the intro song, "This is Halloween."

I remember watching it when I was a wee 'un and I never had nightmares but I was more afraid of Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas, for some reason she freaked me out when I was a child.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1732 on: October 24, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »
What age is too young to show a clip of the Nightmare Before Christmas? For example, the intro song, "This is Halloween."

I remember watching it when I was a wee 'un and I never had nightmares but I was more afraid of Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas, for some reason she freaked me out when I was a child.
I showed it to my elementary students and they were all fine with it (5th and 6th). And Grandmother Willow was a freaky piece of work.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1733 on: October 24, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »

My 4th graders were totally unimpressed...I got a 'not scary teacher' from them  :laugh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1734 on: October 24, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »

My 4th graders were totally unimpressed...I got a 'not scary teacher' from them  :laugh:

:laugh: I was actually thinking about this just last week because I'm considering using the movie for winter camp. I don't really think it's that scary, but who knows. I think I will use it anyway; the bigger problem is finding a version with Korean subtitles.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1735 on: October 24, 2016, 02:24:49 PM »
I'm turning into an ajumma. I like trot music and am listening to it at my desk.

it's okay though because I think ajummas are badass and I want to be like them

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1736 on: October 24, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
I'm turning into an ajumma. I like trot music and am listening to it at my desk.

it's okay though because I think ajummas are badass and I want to be like them

Ajummas are badass. :laugh: They don't give a s*** about anything.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1737 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »
Ugh, so on top of the fact that it's Monday, I only got an hour and a half of sleep last night. I just couldn't fall asleep so I stared at the ceiling all night and then noticed it was getting brighter and thought "s***." I also made myself a cup of coffee earlier but forgot about it and now it's cold. Woe is me.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1738 on: October 24, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »
I feel you on the sleep. I was determined to go to sleep early because of aforementioned sickness and because I had to come to work early today, but instead I laid in bed feeling anxious and really present in my body in an uncomfortable way. Like "oh my god everything is touching me"

thankfully I was very alert and didn't feel like death teaching 4 classes in a row for the first time in weeks.

(I seriously want to embody everything ajumma. The aesthetic, the attitude, all of it. haha)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1739 on: October 24, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »
I feel you on the sleep. I was determined to go to sleep early because of aforementioned sickness and because I had to come to work early today, but instead I laid in bed feeling anxious and really present in my body in an uncomfortable way. Like "oh my god everything is touching me"

thankfully I was very alert and didn't feel like death teaching 4 classes in a row for the first time in weeks.

(I seriously want to embody everything ajumma. The aesthetic, the attitude, all of it. haha)

:laugh: I don't know why this is so funny to me. I guess you can start by getting short, permed hair. The attitude might be cheaper to start off with, on second thought. :laugh: