February 16, 2019, 08:47:42 AM

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58983 times)

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2015, 10:27:03 AM »
I am also playing hearth stone.

They finally made it available for Android Phones.
nearly bricked my S2 trying to install hearthstone on it.

... not that the installation hurt my phone, but repeatedly throwing it at the wall when it failed to start kinda did.  >:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hearthstone on Android was a disappointment to me. The game and interface is well done but there is no reason it should be such a resource hog.

Offline specter13

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
I'm currently playing mostly Heroes of the Storm beta and H1Z1. I played Destiny on PS4a ton up until I went home for vacation and didn't take my PS4. T

How is that game it looks like a lot of fun. It is a FPS with RPG elements right?

Oh and I forgot to ask. Does anyone know of any good emulators that will allow me to play Legend of Dragoon and Crono Cross? Both were my favorite PS1 RPGs by far and I would really love to run through them again.

I have used both of the programs below and they both work great for PSX games.

Fpse has an app for the android phones that works great and it was made for Androis. ePSXe is an app for android but also a program for computers.

Offline Hot6^

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
Im playing gta 5 online at the moment.

Its fun.... for the first few heist.

Once you have a high class apt, a car you like, and weapons... there really isn't any reason to keep playing...

It's just the same stuff over and over.

Drive somewhere, shoot, out run cops, collect $.

It becomes very boring.

Which is sad. You would think an open sandbox game like GTA would be endless fun... but
What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

Offline Epistemology

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Philosopher extraordinaire
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
Europa Universalis 4. I think I have said enough.

I recommend doing a Grand Campaign from CK2 all the way through to HoI3

Took the Greek County of Trapzous from one county state surrounded by hostile Turkish, Byzantine and Georgian princes into a viable Black sea Kingdom by the end of Crusader Kings 2, then all the way through to India by the end of EU4. I had to weaken my empire a bit by this point and spun off my Indian colonies and American colonies as separate states to keep it fair for Victoria 2. Then took chunks of China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea in Vicky, before having to fight my former Indian colonies who turned commie and declared ideological war on me. That then turned into WW1 with the French and Americans on my side, while the British, Russians and Italians took their side. Next step is Hearts of Iron 3, but converting the data files is a bit of a pain. Will get round to it eventually to finish off this mega campaign
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »

Took the Greek County of Trapzous from one county state surrounded by hostile Turkish, Byzantine and Georgian princes into a viable Black sea Kingdom by the end of Crusader Kings 2, then all the way through to India by the end of EU4. I had to weaken my empire a bit by this point and spun off my Indian colonies and American colonies as separate states to keep it fair for Victoria 2. Then took chunks of China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea in Vicky, before having to fight my former Indian colonies who turned commie and declared ideological war on me. That then turned into WW1 with the French and Americans on my side, while the British, Russians and Italians took their side. Next step is Hearts of Iron 3, but converting the data files is a bit of a pain. Will get round to it eventually to finish off this mega campaign

Offline Morfee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

I don't know these games, but they sound like Age of Empires, Sim City, Rome and Empire Earth.

Can you give me a low down on the game please? The abbreviations you're using are lost on me so I can't even Google! Sounds interesting though.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »

I don't know these games, but they sound like Age of Empires, Sim City, Rome and Empire Earth.

Can you give me a low down on the game please? The abbreviations you're using are lost on me so I can't even Google! Sounds interesting though.

CK means Crusader Kings,  HoI3 is Hearts of Iron 3, EU 4 is Europa Universalis 4.

All these games are from Paradox. They are among the most strategic of the strategy games.

They're basically maps and spreadsheets. I can really recommend crusader Kings 2 but it takes a while to learn how to play. There are some really good tutorial video to watch on youtube of all these games. I'm having a brainfart but let me hunt down a few good ones and get back to you. 

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »
Hear's some info about CK2

http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2i4u1x/welcome_new_players_read_this_first/

Here's a recommended tutorial series (I haven't viewed it in a long time so I can't personally recommend but it is highly rated)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH-huzMEgGWBBUYoAjpLxFkbgFw19CeA_

There are other reddits for EU4 and HoI3 and other tutorial videos. I haven't invested anytime in these yet so I cannot recommend. However, I'm sure Epistemology or Druid can.

Offline Menlyn

• Super Waygook
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »

... not that the installation hurt my phone, but repeatedly throwing it at the wall when it failed to start kinda did.  >:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hearthstone on Android was a disappointment to me. The game and interface is well done but there is no reason it should be such a resource hog.

I'm very happy with it on Android (even though I primarily play on my home pc). It runs like a charm on my S6. A bit heavy on the battery though, now I keep a charger cable at work :-)

Offline Epistemology

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Philosopher extraordinaire
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »

The paradox games are a kind of real time Grand strategy series. You start off with a territory, country or colony and your goal is to basically to either survive until the end of the game, or conquer the world, depending on the size of your starting nation. They play a bit like Civilization in real time, except instead of micromanaging cities, you are micromanaging provinces instead.

The starting point in the series is Crusader Kings 2(CK2), which covers the time period 769-1453. It plays pretty much like Game of Thones would. You start off as  either a King, Duke, Count (or republican or female variants of these titles) and your goal is to basically build up a family line and spread your dynasty across Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and India. You can play as any culture or religion from those regions too.  Building large empires is difficult because your vassals will stab you in the back at the first sign of weakness, then proclaim your son king, starting a civil war etc.

The next Game in the series is Europa Universalis 4 (EU4), which is set in the age of Discovery and Napoleonic Era (1453-1814). The main goal here is to consolidate your country, expand and Colonise the world. This game covers the entire globe and you can literally play as any country on the planet.

The next game after that is Victoria 2(Vicky). This, IMO is my favourite one, but it has a very high learning curve. It starts off just after where EU4  ends and ends at the Interwar period (~1930). This game is extremely political and you'll probably spend half your time fighting revolutionaries (especially if you happen to be a German state). You also get to build up the industry within your nation to help it industrialise. There is also a great power system in this game. the 8 strongest nations are great powers, while the next 8 are secondary powers. These 16 nations basically dominate the affairs of the game, so you really want to industrialise your nation as quickly as possible to become one of them. Great powers can resolve conflicts between smaller nations to preserve the balance of power, but they need to be careful. If an alliance of 2 great powers attacks an alliance of 2 other great powers than WW1 starts and everything goes to hell very quickly. Its pretty fun when it kicks off, but you find yourself defending your territory on every front. It can be brutal at times.

The last game, Hearts of Iron 3(HoI3) is set during WW2 and the early cold war. Its probably my least favourite of them all as its pretty much just a war simulator (though it is quite complex). The economy side of it is extremely simplified compared to Vicky and EU4 though.

They are all standalone games, but they are coded the same way. Some fans build an app that allows you to manually edit most files via a region map allowing you to make your own scenarios (such as putting your old data from EU4 into Vicky). There are also automatic converters, but they *sometimes* throw up oddities (such as Argentina being in Sweden)

Edit: This guys videos taught me how to convert. Its also good for previewing the awesomeness of the Mega campaign
https://www.youtube.com/user/FlyingMacguffin
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:14:27 PM by Epistemology »
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:53 PM »
I played League level Hearthstone for a while last year, after the issues with my Battlenet account I stopped though, got it fixed recently so might start again.

Anyone interested in jamming these online with someone, please PM me (I will also be streaming).

1. DayZ (2300hrs experience - yeah I had free time in my MA)
2. GTA V (Just finishing the story mode first 50%)
3. DOTA 2 (Bit out of practice on this, but I also played league level for a bit, position 1 - I suck at support - or I'm just a greedy bastard).

Would love to jam with some English speakers or even people who are struggling with their English who can communicate at a basic level. I have a voice server for my gaming clan as well. If there are any streamers out there. PLS PLS PLS PM me!  8)

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »
I'm currently playing mostly Heroes of the Storm beta and H1Z1. I played Destiny on PS4a ton up until I went home for vacation and didn't take my PS4. Then I got back into Smite because my friend had just picked it up, plus I could actually enjoy the game, playing on US servers where the ping wasn't ridiculous.

But now as I said, I'm mostly playing HotS and H1Z1.

To whoever said they were playing Smite, how do you deal with the crazy ping? I even get upwards of 300+ ping on AU servers... Meanwhile with Heroes of the Storm when I'm playing with my friend on the east coast of the US I get around 200 ping, and playing alone I get 100ish ping. All this while playing on the "Americas" servers.

I also play League of Legends from time to time. Stuck in Silver 1 in both KR and NA.

Oh and I forgot to ask. Does anyone know of any good emulators that will allow me to play Legend of Dragoon and Crono Cross? Both were my favorite PS1 RPGs by far and I would really love to run through them again.

Smite is playable on the NA servers. My ping is usually about 210, which is still high, but as long as I stay away from ADC I don't find it too bad. Aussie servers get worse ping for some reason.

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:36 PM »

I'm very happy with it on Android (even though I primarily play on my home pc). It runs like a charm on my S6. A bit heavy on the battery though, now I keep a charger cable at work :-)

yeah i have no problems with it on my phone G Pro 2 but like you its a bit harsh on my battery. well i just started to get really into it. lets play together?

Offline Morfee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »

The paradox games are a kind of real time Grand strategy series. You start off with a territory, country or colony and your goal is to basically to either survive until the end of the game, or conquer the world, depending on the size of your starting nation. They play a bit like Civilization in real time, except instead of micromanaging cities, you are micromanaging provinces instead.

The starting point in the series is Crusader Kings 2(CK2), which covers the time period 769-1453. It plays pretty much like Game of Thones would. You start off as  either a King, Duke, Count (or republican or female variants of these titles) and your goal is to basically build up a family line and spread your dynasty across Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and India. You can play as any culture or religion from those regions too.  Building large empires is difficult because your vassals will stab you in the back at the first sign of weakness, then proclaim your son king, starting a civil war etc.

The next Game in the series is Europa Universalis 4 (EU4), which is set in the age of Discovery and Napoleonic Era (1453-1814). The main goal here is to consolidate your country, expand and Colonise the world. This game covers the entire globe and you can literally play as any country on the planet.

The next game after that is Victoria 2(Vicky). This, IMO is my favourite one, but it has a very high learning curve. It starts off just after where EU4  ends and ends at the Interwar period (~1930). This game is extremely political and you'll probably spend half your time fighting revolutionaries (especially if you happen to be a German state). You also get to build up the industry within your nation to help it industrialise. There is also a great power system in this game. the 8 strongest nations are great powers, while the next 8 are secondary powers. These 16 nations basically dominate the affairs of the game, so you really want to industrialise your nation as quickly as possible to become one of them. Great powers can resolve conflicts between smaller nations to preserve the balance of power, but they need to be careful. If an alliance of 2 great powers attacks an alliance of 2 other great powers than WW1 starts and everything goes to hell very quickly. Its pretty fun when it kicks off, but you find yourself defending your territory on every front. It can be brutal at times.

The last game, Hearts of Iron 3(HoI3) is set during WW2 and the early cold war. Its probably my least favourite of them all as its pretty much just a war simulator (though it is quite complex). The economy side of it is extremely simplified compared to Vicky and EU4 though.

They are all standalone games, but they are coded the same way. Some fans build an app that allows you to manually edit most files via a region map allowing you to make your own scenarios (such as putting your old data from EU4 into Vicky). There are also automatic converters, but they *sometimes* throw up oddities (such as Argentina being in Sweden)

Edit: This guys videos taught me how to convert. Its also good for previewing the awesomeness of the Mega campaign
https://www.youtube.com/user/FlyingMacguffin

Sounds good if not very complicated! I like to switch off these days when playing, but I'll give it a look when I have Civ-type cravings.

Offline Menlyn

• Super Waygook
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

yeah i have no problems with it on my phone G Pro 2 but like you its a bit harsh on my battery. well i just started to get really into it. lets play together?

Sure. Which server are you on? (I'm on Asia and EU)

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »
I'm currently playing mostly Heroes of the Storm beta and H1Z1. I played Destiny on PS4a ton up until I went home for vacation and didn't take my PS4. T

How is that game it looks like a lot of fun. It is a FPS with RPG elements right?

I have used both of the programs below and they both work great for PSX games.

Fpse has an app for the android phones that works great and it was made for Androis. ePSXe is an app for android but also a program for computers.

Thanks to the guy taht posted the reddit thread, and thanks to you as well.

Destiny was really fun. It's exactly like that and the raids were really fun and challenging imo. But that was mostly because the player base was mostly FPS playes who had no idea how raids worked. I played all the way through the first expansion, clearing heroic mode on both raids. I had 3 max level warlocks to raid as much as possible for gear each week.

Basically there are 3 classes, Titan, Hunter, and Warlock all with different playstyles and gear. The loot system was good after they refined it and pvp plays pretty well and fun too. Although I would love a hardcore mode with no supers and abilities. But at the height of my time in Destiny I was in the top 2% of all players. The new expansion will be dropping soonish. But like I said, I got hooked on other games while I was away from my PS4 and don't feel like getting back into it. I feel like they could do a bit more end game content, but the devs are pretty good at listening to the player base, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. If you're into lore, Destiny has some pretty badass lore, but to learn everything you'd have to read through the cards(on the bungie website) that you unlock while playing.

Also I forgot to ask. Does anyone want a Heroes of the Storm beta key? I have a couple extra for friends that Blizzard emailed to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:18:05 PM by gagevt »
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Are you guys who are playing GTA5 playing it on console or PC? I was thinking about grabbing it now that it's finally on Steam, but I'm hesitant because of how much of a buggy sh!tshow GTA4 was when it was first ported to PC. Anyone able to speak for the quality (or lack thereof) of the port this time around? Should I get it now, or wait until things are ironed out?

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

Sure. Which server are you on? (I'm on Asia and EU)
Full disclosure: I only tried it on my tablet when I wrote that and my tablet is a Nexus 7 (2013). My phone (Nexus 5) runs it a better.

My issue, however, is that this is a card game. Sure, it's pretty but a game written for a phone/tablet can be pretty and still run on older devices. It feels like it was not optimized well for phones. Of course it'll play on a S6. That's less than a year old, but not everyone gets a phone every year (or 2).

Offline kaasenham

• Adventurer
  • The only constant in life is change.
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »
World of Warcraft (EU), Guild Wars 2 (NA), League of Legends (NA).

Offline alltogethernow

• Waygookin
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
A bunch of hearthstone players on here.  It love the game and play it almost exclusively these days.  Anyone interested in a fireside gathering?  I don't have the cardback and I'd even pony up some prize money if people were interested in a mini-tourney.

Let me know.  PM me or add me in game - alltogethernow#1262