February 16, 2019, 09:52:20 AM

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 59001 times)

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #520 on: November 19, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
Fall Out 4. bit underwhelmed. i mean, it's fun, but... same old. the main story is a bit lame. shame they didn't opt for a New Vegas-type story

Have you teleported to the institute yet? IMO that was a more dramatic plot turn than anything in Las Vegas.
I completed the main quest. Actually, I have basically no active quests left and just wander around looking for stuff to do. It's a cool world to explore but I'm bored now. There's only so many Super Mutants you can kill before it gets repetitive.

But, yes, it was in interesting plot twist. But I liked how different choices I made changed the story in NV.

Couldn't even do the Brotherhood of Steel quests due to a common glitch. "Check your fire, we got hostiles". Ugh

On to Witcher 3 next. Quite excited.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #521 on: November 19, 2018, 12:26:49 PM »
Fall Out 4. bit underwhelmed. i mean, it's fun, but... same old. the main story is a bit lame. shame they didn't opt for a New Vegas-type story

Have you teleported to the institute yet? IMO that was a more dramatic plot turn than anything in Las Vegas.
I completed the main quest. Actually, I have basically no active quests left and just wander around looking for stuff to do. It's a cool world to explore but I'm bored now. There's only so many Super Mutants you can kill before it gets repetitive.

But, yes, it was in interesting plot twist. But I liked how different choices I made changed the story in NV.

Couldn't even do the Brotherhood of Steel quests due to a common glitch. "Check your fire, we got hostiles". Ugh

Some cool quests, e.g. the submarine one, the one in the quarry and the tunneling one.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:32:59 PM by eggieguffer »

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
The thing to do when you run out of quests to do in FO4 is to start over again, with a new combat style. If that's not enough, you can always set rules for yourself to add an extra challenge. I recently did a playthrough inspired by the "Iron price" concept from Game of Thrones, meaning I restricted myself to only using items I looted from enemies I killed. No vendors, no loot from crates, etc.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #523 on: November 19, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »
Lost Ark for PC. Best game I have played in a long time. Took many great elements of mmos and arpgs and put them together masterfully.  If anyone else plays let me know!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #524 on: November 19, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »

Some cool quests, e.g. the submarine one, the one in the quarry and the tunneling one.
i'll have a go at these tonight. don't think i've done them actually

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »
Bought Civ 6 over the weekend for my Switch. It's taken me a few days to get the hang of it, and a lot of Youtube tutorials, but I can definitely see myself playing this for a looong time! It's like Settlers of Catan on steroids, loving it  ;D
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
Technically they are computer games, but Lost Ark/Overwatch.

No English for Lost Ark yet, but if you've played any mmo or mmorpg games then you'll be fine.

Offline RobLPeters

• Explorer
« Reply #527 on: November 28, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
Grim Dawn

**** actiblizzard

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #528 on: November 28, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »
i snagged destiny 2 when it was free a few weeks ago so i've been playing that this week. it's pretty fun, but i think i'll need to get some friends to play if i want to really get into it

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #529 on: November 28, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
I more recently finished getting all the Platinums for the Spyro trilogy! (They're super easy!)

Now, I'm gonna replay Final Fantasy VII until the new Smash Bros. comes out
The World Ends With You

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #530 on: November 28, 2018, 01:39:25 PM »
FF7 is my favourite. i replayed it recently too.

just started Witcher 3. great so far

i recommend:
 -  The Binding of Isaac. probably the game i've put most hours into ever
 - RimWorld

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
Got Rome 2: Total War in the Steam sale. Been years since I played the original. Picked up a couple of cheap DLCs as well. Looking forward for Hannibal against the Romans and Caesar against the Gauls.

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2018, 09:01:56 PM »
Assassins Creed Odessy, and Hitman 2
15 years teaching experience. CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, PhD slave. Thank you.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #533 on: November 29, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »
RDR2

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #534 on: November 29, 2018, 07:56:48 AM »
I more recently finished getting all the Platinums for the Spyro trilogy! (They're super easy!)

I'm working on Spyro 3 now, but have been taking it rather slow.
Been playing WoW while I play spyro, and have had more to do in WoW once I started Spyro 3.
Once I finish Spyro 3, and get the plat trophy, I'll start darksiders 3.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2018, 08:37:42 AM »

Been playing WoW while I play spyro, and have had more to do in WoW once I started Spyro 3.

You playing wow on US servers? I could use more people on a Korea timeframe lol.

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »

You playing wow on US servers? I could use more people on a Korea timeframe lol.

Yeah I am. I have a 120 DK alliance side on Icecrown-US; A 120 mage and Demon hunter on Zul'jin-US.
I mostly achievement hunt and farm old raids for xmog, pets, and mounts now though. :p
Am going to look into raiding again soon :p

Offline Madmartigan

• Adventurer
« Reply #537 on: December 03, 2018, 02:32:44 AM »
I just finished getting the platinums for Ni no Kuni 2 and A Way Out recently. Both were enjoyable.

With E3 news, Cyberpunk 2077 is looking like a mix of Deus Ex and The Witcher, so it's time to replay both of them!

These next two years are looking exciting  ;D

I just built a computer and I'm playing The Witcher 3 for the first time. I'm loving it so far.

And I'm super excited for Cyberpunk 2077! But... the recent Deus Ex games disappointed me (especially Mankind Divided). DX1 is still the GOAT.

Mankind Divided is actually the only one I've played, and I loved it! So if you're saying that previous ones were better, then I've been missing out!

Yeah, the original DX was awesome. I still occasionally pick it up to play it again - usually once a year I play through the original again!

I'm back to playing WoW, but am also playing Magic the gathering: Arena; the new online MTG game.

I am also playing Magic the Gathering Arena, and I highly recommend you all try it.

It's free and has tutorials for learning. You get a good variety of cards and pre-made decks just for playing games. Each day they offer simple rewards for playing (and winning just gives you access to more rewards). You can make real purchases, but the rewards system gives you enough opportunity to earn in-game gold and gems and new cards/decks. You can also edit the decks and make your own once you learn how (with tutorials on this, too).

Note: It's only available with PC Windows at this time, and you need to be connected to play.

Online SPQR

• Veteran
« Reply #538 on: December 03, 2018, 01:33:28 PM »
Battlefield 5.  Quite a learning curve over BF4, which I have been playing for
about the last 3-4 years.  BF1 was crap.  BF5 gets better every time I play it.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #539 on: December 04, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
If you are a fan of the Harvest Moon genre there is an early access game called My Time at Portia that I have been playing recently. They are apparently nearing the end of main story line development so I might wait until they finish that to start it. The developers seem fairly responsive to the community's input which is nice. It's $19.99 plus tax on steam and I have already played 20 hours to get half way through the first year.