February 16, 2019, 09:26:34 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58995 times)

Offline specter13

• Expert Waygook
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »
Final Fantasy 14 - Always played MMORPGs and I play on NA servers. There are Japanese data-servers and I play on Tonberry server which has a lot of English speakers. Just started playing this one after a hiatus from GW2 which was my bread and butter due to it being the best PvP MMO on the market. FF14 is the PvE king. It's nice to be able to play an MMO with great ping. It is really polished and has a lot of content, it plays like a FF series game just with modern MMO components.

Is FF14 just like other MMOs? I played WoW for over a year during the BC days, I liked it but my main problem with it and other MMOs is that all you do is either level grind, raid or do dailies that are usually made up of finding an item or killing a certain monster so many times. Is there any actually story to game, how is the end game? Is it really that much different from other MMOs?

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »
Skyrim.

I only finally got a chance to play it last year and my cat-man is still knocking over everyone's stuff more than six months down the line. It's longer than I ever could've imagined.

Good thread

Recently been playing through some classics, mostly because I wanted to re-engage with my past to solidify my personal identity, but also my wife has said I'm not allowed to use her computer anymore because she is now using it for her work and I'm left with my craptop.

I'm thinking of playing through the first Deus Ex, any other suggestions?

Betrayal at Krondor! That's old enough to run on anything, and an underappreciated gem.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:05:01 PM by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Offline Zeta

• Waygookin
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »
Is FF14 just like other MMOs? I played WoW for over a year during the BC days, I liked it but my main problem with it and other MMOs is that all you do is either level grind, raid or do dailies that are usually made up of finding an item or killing a certain monster so many times. Is there any actually story to game, how is the end game? Is it really that much different from other MMOs?

It is in some ways, it is not in other ways. When you get to end-game the usual is there: dungeons, raiding, hunting world bosses that are pinatas. There is however the Golden Saucer and there you can do chocobo-mario-kart-esque racing & breeding, or the card game Triple Triad from FF8. The game's main scenario story has as much if not more content than a single player FF game, including cut-scenes (key ones voice acted), boss battles and more.

It's like other MMOs in that at some point you will find the endgame repetitive. But they do update it enough, you don't have to make alts as switching gear switches your class and they can all be leveled up one character. Crafting and gathering have their own end-game and have much more involved than other MMOs.

As with every MMO, what will keep you logging in, unless you really love those things, is the social aspect of chatting/being with friends (that you can make).

A good thing is the endgame doesn't require multiple-hour blocks of time and you can gear yourself well enough and see the games content with playing in 1 hour blocks.

The expansion is coming in June and is adding a lot of neat / fun things.

Offline coffeesmith

• Super Waygook
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
I play DayZ, DOTA 2, GTA V. Please PM me if you're interested in jamming these games with a fellow waygook online. I run a big gaming community in SA, but the time difference is severe, so it's lonely in the gaming world over here :'( sniff sniff.

Ive been wanting to play DayZ. What are you running?

Offline Sweetrevenge355

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
I've played WOW on Nostalrius which is a private server which opened up in February. I can finally play WOW without paying a subscription

Offline scholes

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »
Bloodborne is the best game out there at the moment.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »

Betrayal at Krondor! That's old enough to run on anything, and an underappreciated gem.

It's also incomplete.  I recall it was supposed to be a trilogy but the sequels never materialized. 

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »

It is in some ways, it is not in other ways. When you get to end-game the usual is there: dungeons, raiding, hunting world bosses that are pinatas. There is however the Golden Saucer and there you can do chocobo-mario-kart-esque racing & breeding, or the card game Triple Triad from FF8. The game's main scenario story has as much if not more content than a single player FF game, including cut-scenes (key ones voice acted), boss battles and more.

It's like other MMOs in that at some point you will find the endgame repetitive. But they do update it enough, you don't have to make alts as switching gear switches your class and they can all be leveled up one character. Crafting and gathering have their own end-game and have much more involved than other MMOs.

As with every MMO, what will keep you logging in, unless you really love those things, is the social aspect of chatting/being with friends (that you can make).

A good thing is the endgame doesn't require multiple-hour blocks of time and you can gear yourself well enough and see the games content with playing in 1 hour blocks.

The expansion is coming in June and is adding a lot of neat / fun things.

I haven't looked into it at all, but you got me curious. How exactly does the servers work on FF14? WoW has English servers/realms and Korean and your account is stuck on one. Also, it's pretty difficult/impossible (depending on who you ask) to use an English client with the Korean servers (and I guess all the quest text, etc are still in Korean). How does that work with FF14? You said there are English speakers on a Japanese server but then is the rest of the game in Japanese? Can you transfer from the Japanese server to a NA server if you move or are you locked like WoW?

Offline Zeta

• Waygookin
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 08:56:51 PM »
I haven't looked into it at all, but you got me curious. How exactly does the servers work on FF14? WoW has English servers/realms and Korean and your account is stuck on one. Also, it's pretty difficult/impossible (depending on who you ask) to use an English client with the Korean servers (and I guess all the quest text, etc are still in Korean). How does that work with FF14? You said there are English speakers on a Japanese server but then is the rest of the game in Japanese? Can you transfer from the Japanese server to a NA server if you move or are you locked like WoW?

For Final Fantasy they have EU, JP and NA data servers. I am not sure where the EU one is located but I know the JP one is located in Japan and the NA one is located in Montreal (Canada). Each data-server has a list of servers. Your client language and your data-server are not contingent on each other. Your game(client) can be entirely in English and you can play on the Japanese server. Or your game(client) could be all in German but you play on the NA server. All of the game, quest dialogue, voice-acting, etc is all in English because I chose that language when I installed the game.

It is possible to transfer your character between data-servers, so if you moved back to NA after finishing in Korea(/) you could transfer from the JP data-servers to the NA ones. Where you would reap the benefit of a better ping in that case. As with most MMOs it does cost some money, I believe 15$ to do so.

I interact on a daily basis with people who speak Japanese. Especially in that dungeon/raid finder matches across many JP servers. I'd say 20% of the people I meet speak English. But on Tonberry server I meet a higher proportion of English speakers and my guild has 63 members all whom speak English. The game also has the FFXI auto-translator feature so many key phrases can be typed in chat that translate to whatever the reading person's client language is set to. Enough to tell the JP players that I enjoyed playing with them, or that I am a newby to the dungeon :P

[On another note the devs recently mentioned they are close to finishing a Korean version of the client (no Korean data-server but the language of the client/game content). Surprise they bothered as I am not sure it's a game Koreans would really like, since they have B&S and Black Desert. But there must have been demand for it.]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:05:22 PM by Zeta »

Offline aauron44

• Waygookin
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »
If you're going to start the final fantasy series for the first time, start at the beginning with number 1 of course!  They're all good, and any real gamer has beaten them all.  :)

I'm currently playing...

Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Arena
League of Legends
Brood War
Farcry 4
Farcry 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Witcher 3...

Offline butterspopcorn

• Newgookin
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 08:06:13 AM »
GTA 5 when the stupid servers are working. I love Rockstar, but I love them more when their stuff works.

Offline specter13

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »
If you're going to start the final fantasy series for the first time, start at the beginning with number 1 of course!  They're all good, and any real gamer has beaten them all.  :)

I'm currently playing...

Chrono Trigger
Arena
League of Legends
Brood War
Farcry 4
Farcry 2
Witcher 3...

Are you playing MK:DD on an actual Gamecube or are you the dolphin emulator? Chrono Trigger is one of the games that I can just play over and over. It really has held up against the test of time. The loved the anime cut scenes they added in the PSX version.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »

I'm currently playing...

Chrono Trigger
Arena
League of Legends
Brood War
Farcry 4
Farcry 2
Witcher 3...

Are you playing MK:DD on an actual Gamecube or are you the dolphin emulator? Chrono Trigger is one of the games that I can just play over and over. It really has held up against the test of time. The loved the anime cut scenes they added in the PSX version.

Frankly, I'm surprised he's playing Witcher 3, considering it has not been released legally nor illegally as of yet.  I guess we have a 'Witcher' developer in our midst ;)

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 08:35:40 AM »
I play hardline on the xbox one. add me on xbox live

epiccarneasada

have a few game for the xbox one
sunset overdive
shadows of mordor
CoD adv warfare
forza
fifa 15

i also have an extra copy of shadows of mordor if anyone wants to buy it. xbox one of course

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »
I'm currently playing mostly Heroes of the Storm beta and H1Z1. I played Destiny on PS4a ton up until I went home for vacation and didn't take my PS4. Then I got back into Smite because my friend had just picked it up, plus I could actually enjoy the game, playing on US servers where the ping wasn't ridiculous.

But now as I said, I'm mostly playing HotS and H1Z1.

To whoever said they were playing Smite, how do you deal with the crazy ping? I even get upwards of 300+ ping on AU servers... Meanwhile with Heroes of the Storm when I'm playing with my friend on the east coast of the US I get around 200 ping, and playing alone I get 100ish ping. All this while playing on the "Americas" servers.

I also play League of Legends from time to time. Stuck in Silver 1 in both KR and NA.

Oh and I forgot to ask. Does anyone know of any good emulators that will allow me to play Legend of Dragoon and Crono Cross? Both were my favorite PS1 RPGs by far and I would really love to run through them again.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:02:09 AM by gagevt »
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline jwharrison30

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »
I'm currently playing mostly Heroes of the Storm beta and H1Z1. I played Destiny on PS4a ton up until I went home for vacation and didn't take my PS4. Then I got back into Smite because my friend had just picked it up, plus I could actually enjoy the game, playing on US servers where the ping wasn't ridiculous.

But now as I said, I'm mostly playing HotS and H1Z1.

To whoever said they were playing Smite, how do you deal with the crazy ping? I even get upwards of 300+ ping on AU servers... Meanwhile with Heroes of the Storm when I'm playing with my friend on the east coast of the US I get around 200 ping, and playing alone I get 100ish ping. All this while playing on the "Americas" servers.

I also play League of Legends from time to time. Stuck in Silver 1 in both KR and NA.

Oh and I forgot to ask. Does anyone know of any good emulators that will allow me to play Legend of Dragoon and Crono Cross? Both were my favorite PS1 RPGs by far and I would really love to run through them again.

Good links here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/1akoan/do_playstation_1_emulators_work_well_on_pc/

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 09:05:42 AM »
Europa Universalis 4. I think I have said enough.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
Europa Universalis 4. I think I have said enough.

What was your learning curve on that?

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 09:07:55 AM »
I am also playing hearth stone.

They finally made it available for Android Phones.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
I am also playing hearth stone.

They finally made it available for Android Phones.
nearly bricked my S2 trying to install hearthstone on it.

... not that the installation hurt my phone, but repeatedly throwing it at the wall when it failed to start kinda did.  >:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: