February 16, 2019, 08:58:03 AM

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58988 times)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »
Anyone here happen to play Marvel Future Fight (or let it do it's thing on auto mode)? My alliance needs more people who play fairly consistently D:

Also on the FF discussion: There are half a billion games, but you don't need to start anywhere in particular. Most games are stand alone other than X-1, XII-2, XIII-2 and XIII Lightning returns. Otherwise start anywhere other than FF Mystic Quest. Please ignore that game entirely. Mid series is probably the best for most people (granted 10 is my fav minus Tidus) and if you dig the music, check out The Black Mages. They do nifty rock versions of the songs. The guy who did most of the music for the games is in that band too.

I think you mean X-2 :P
Just finished FF15 - it was pretty good. It was probably my 5th favourite FF title. 7>8>5>6>15.

I just got the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind divided. Finished the 1st 2, and am nearing the end of a criminal past. Criminal past is really great, and very challenging.
Will be playing dead rising 3 or one of the new zombie survival games afterwards (can't remember the name of the game that I bought :P )

Lol I most definitely did mean X-2. Guh I haven't finished 15 yet. I put like 50 hours on it in the first week I got it, I'm at the end where it's even more open and I decided to waste time on side quests and getting all those special weapon thinggies but then I lost interest and haven't touched it since. I do that with so many games.... Before I came to Korea I counted about 40 games I never finished and I've acquired at least 10 more unfinished games since then. I just keep playing Disgaea 4 and Dragon Age over and over instead of playing anything new...

You can always finsih FF15 and then go back to the side quests, just to see the ending. I won't spoil anything about the story for you, but after you beat the final boss, it allows you to save and go back to the point where the world is really open to you.

I finish most games I play. The only games I haven't are: watch dogs 2 - I'm still near the beginning, and tales of Xillia - I'm near the end, but CBF'd finishing it haha.
I finish about two thirds of the games I get. That being said I have a LOT of games. Last official count was like 250 physical games... I have a problem... But It's a problem I inherited from my mum who also gave me (or I claimed) her older consoles so I include those games in my collection XD

I'm that person who'll get games for my collection tho. Never played XIII Lightning returns but I got it for the collection. Or I find a rare game for a decent price and pick it up with no intent to play it (Aaaawe yeah .hack games!)... I have a lot of doubles tho too... I have like 5 diff copies of FFX... I can't wait to go back to Canada with no job and just waste my Korean earned money to sit around gaming for a month or so before I actually do anything.

What I meant to say tho was Xillia is alright, the Tales of games have annoying VOs in my opinion but Xillia 2 was really good.

Offline sonofthedude777

• Veteran
« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
Since I have my Switch now, I've been playing Breath of the Wild.  It's reeeeeeally fun. 

Roger that. It's totally living up to the hype! I haven't really accomplished anything but there are so many side quests to keep you playing. I am also always playing Madden. It's had it's rough years but for the past few since Madden 25, although didn't buy 16, wasn't into overpowering an already overpowered passing game, it has gotten better every year. EA is finally starting to figure it out.
I am not a number. I am a free man.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »
The Last of Us Remastered (missed it on PS3 first time around) - only 20 bucks on the US PSN store.

I missed it on PS3, too. Got it on PS4 and just a remarkable game. Everything is excellent.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline loveloveit

• Waygookin
« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
The Talos Principle. Awesome game! It's brain game, not a shoot em up game. If you like the Myst games or others of that ilk...you will like this one. Go get it on steam.

Offline tunacookie

• Veteran
« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2017, 03:08:59 PM »
I'm working through the new DOOM, so much fun, especially after a day of teaching!

Offline jmx717

• Waygookin
« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »
Anyone else playing Mass Effect?

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »
Anyone else playing Mass Effect?
Technically I am cuz it's one of the 40ish games I started and never finished. I have the first 3 but I'm like an hour into the first one XD

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »
the new zelda is so fun

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »
the new zelda is so fun

Mine's in the mail. So ready.

Also, A+ on the name.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2017, 09:41:18 PM »
thanks kupo

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »
I may have been expecting a gwok over a kupo, haha.

IX is by and large my favorite game though.

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #351 on: April 07, 2017, 07:53:09 AM »
Anyone here happen to play Marvel Future Fight (or let it do it's thing on auto mode)? My alliance needs more people who play fairly consistently D:

Also on the FF discussion: There are half a billion games, but you don't need to start anywhere in particular. Most games are stand alone other than X-1, XII-2, XIII-2 and XIII Lightning returns. Otherwise start anywhere other than FF Mystic Quest. Please ignore that game entirely. Mid series is probably the best for most people (granted 10 is my fav minus Tidus) and if you dig the music, check out The Black Mages. They do nifty rock versions of the songs. The guy who did most of the music for the games is in that band too.

I think you mean X-2 :P
Just finished FF15 - it was pretty good. It was probably my 5th favourite FF title. 7>8>5>6>15.

I just got the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind divided. Finished the 1st 2, and am nearing the end of a criminal past. Criminal past is really great, and very challenging.
Will be playing dead rising 3 or one of the new zombie survival games afterwards (can't remember the name of the game that I bought :P )

Lol I most definitely did mean X-2. Guh I haven't finished 15 yet. I put like 50 hours on it in the first week I got it, I'm at the end where it's even more open and I decided to waste time on side quests and getting all those special weapon thinggies but then I lost interest and haven't touched it since. I do that with so many games.... Before I came to Korea I counted about 40 games I never finished and I've acquired at least 10 more unfinished games since then. I just keep playing Disgaea 4 and Dragon Age over and over instead of playing anything new...

You can always finsih FF15 and then go back to the side quests, just to see the ending. I won't spoil anything about the story for you, but after you beat the final boss, it allows you to save and go back to the point where the world is really open to you.

I finish most games I play. The only games I haven't are: watch dogs 2 - I'm still near the beginning, and tales of Xillia - I'm near the end, but CBF'd finishing it haha.
I finish about two thirds of the games I get. That being said I have a LOT of games. Last official count was like 250 physical games... I have a problem... But It's a problem I inherited from my mum who also gave me (or I claimed) her older consoles so I include those games in my collection XD

I'm that person who'll get games for my collection tho. Never played XIII Lightning returns but I got it for the collection. Or I find a rare game for a decent price and pick it up with no intent to play it (Aaaawe yeah .hack games!)... I have a lot of doubles tho too... I have like 5 diff copies of FFX... I can't wait to go back to Canada with no job and just waste my Korean earned money to sit around gaming for a month or so before I actually do anything.

What I meant to say tho was Xillia is alright, the Tales of games have annoying VOs in my opinion but Xillia 2 was really good.

I used to have a big physical collection myself. However, lending people games and never seeing them again became a big problem, and I think I sold a bunch that I played, finished, and enjoyed, but not to the extent that I would want to play it again. I get most of my games digitally now. My favourite games I generally a physical copy for.

Also, if you have a ps3 / ps4, humble bundle is doing a good PS4/3 bundle atm.
I'm up to 345 games on steam now. I haven't played a lot of them haha. I sometimes buy games just because they are super cheap on there, sometimes I get them as part of humble bundles, when I get the bundle for a single game.

I'm going back to NZ for 3 months, I'll be jamming out a lot of PS4 / PS3 games in my backlog while I'm back haha. I have that long of a wait between this job ending, and my job in Japan starting, sadly / fortunately :P

As to answer the question about the new Mass Effect, to whoever asked, I haven't played it yet, but I really want to. I'm going to wait until after I move to Japan and get a good comp set up there before I play it.

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2017, 07:55:27 AM »
Replaying GTA 5. I also brought GTA 4 from home, but tbh this was my first time really playing that one & it's aged so poorly. Mind you a lot of people didn't even like it back at the time it came out. The driving and general controls were painfully bad for a GTA game

Offline sonofthedude777

• Veteran
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
I'm playing the Legend of Zelda. I'm on the 8th dungeon now.

Just think in 30 more years you'll complete the second quest.  :P
I am not a number. I am a free man.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2017, 07:57:05 AM »

I really enjoyed that one too, way back in the day!
I hear that it was recently ported to Android. Does anybody know if the fun-factor survived the transition, or if the controls are still workable?

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

'FFIX' and 'favourite' together in the same sentence? O.o

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »

'FFIX' and 'favourite' together in the same sentence? O.o

It's still on my backlog but plenty of people love it and insist it's the best one.  For me thus far, 'favourite' and 'FFIV' go together. 

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #357 on: April 07, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »

couldn't remember what they say, ha. you can get all the PS1 FF games (7-9) on steam now. even the remastered FFX/FFX2. much prefer that over downloading and playing them on a dodgy emulator

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »

couldn't remember what they say, ha. you can get all the PS1 FF games (7-9) on steam now. even the remastered FFX/FFX2. much prefer that over downloading and playing them on a dodgy emulator

You can get the 1-6 gba remakes (well real 3 is on ds) too. I think 3 is on steam too? They all got released on mobile too but I've been playing then on my phone's shady emulator cuz they have simple enough 2D controls. 7 and up could be awful to emulate. That's why I got an OUYA so I could emulate easier. Too bad its a failed console :P

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »

You can get the 1-6 gba remakes (well real 3 is on ds) too. I think 3 is on steam too? They all got released on mobile too but I've been playing then on my phone's shady emulator cuz they have simple enough 2D controls. 7 and up could be awful to emulate. That's why I got an OUYA so I could emulate easier. Too bad its a failed console :P

How was the OUYA for emulating though?  That was the only reason I considered getting one, hahah.