February 16, 2019, 09:05:32 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58989 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #320 on: March 27, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
I've been saving up for a PS3 since 2007. But I can never justify spending money on one. And also the PS4 came out a few years ago.

So, you're never going to get one? hahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline chrisinkorea2011

• Veteran
« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2017, 02:40:57 PM »
I am still playing Metal Gear Solid V.  I am in the second half of the game.  I hope it ends on a high note.  It is a great game.  I can kind of understand how people don't finish it though.  You can only extract the same highly skilled soldiers/prisoners/etc over and over until you are ready to do something completely different.  The gameplay continues to force me to play it though for some reason.  I have to know how it ends too because this is probably Metal Gear's swan song.   :cry: :cry:  #fuckKonami

My only other real complaint other than extracting people over and over is that I am waiting for those Metal Gear Solid 4 like moments.  I have been told though that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Metal Gear game for Metal Gear fans.

Also, I recently bought Resident Evil 6 mainly for the co-op.  I want to play this with my non-gaming girlfriend.  I haven't had a chance to put it in my machine though.  What are your opinions?

Finally I have been eyeballing World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.  I would welcome your opinions on these games.

As someone who is a really big RE fan. Resident evil 6, is the only RE title that I have played, and not finished. It just didn't feel like a RE game.

Resident evil 7 is amazing. I'm not usually one who scares super easily, but RE7 freaks me the hell out. It's not co-op however.

Was it similar to Resident Evil 5 or radically different?

Yes, I'd say it is quite different. I'd say RE7 is more like Silent Hill than RE5.

Personally, I love RE5 just as much as RE7, they just take different approaches.

RE7 creeps the bejeezus out of you. There's limited ammo, not a large array of weapons and
not as much action, but more atmosphere.

RE5 was more action orientated and hit the sweet spot of still being a survival horror game, without getting into the unholy grail (RE6) territory. To me, the co-op system made it the most enjoyable RE game in the franchise.

RE 5 was in no way, shape or form a survival horror game. Almost every reviewer has said that it is simply an action shooter with a few jump scares. While I do agree that RE6 was complete garbage, 5 was just as bad at times. RE4 was a great step into the action horror genre but they should have went back into survival horror and not action shooters.
RE7 was by far a breathe of fresh air but unfortunately was too short considering that one of the trophies to platinum it (I beat it in 2hours 53 min) was a run of under 4 hours.

On my side of the country, I am constantly trying to reach level  750 in Nioh. Game is awesome and constantly the focus of my gaming!

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

playing the new zelda and loving it. also playing persona 3. first time i've played a persona

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »
I've been saving up for a PS3 since 2007. But I can never justify spending money on one. And also the PS4 came out a few years ago.

So, you're never going to get one? hahaha

Basically. So, I guess now I'm saving up for a PS4 and a Wii U.

But I don't have a TV. So, have to save up for a TV, first.

Lol I'm still kickin' it with a good old PS1!!  Though someone did donate a PS2 to me after the PS3 came out.  I have more than enough games for the rest of my lifetime, I'm sure.  But while in Korealand, I've just got my 3DS and Steam~  8)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2017, 03:17:29 PM »

playing the new zelda and loving it. also playing persona 3. first time i've played a persona

If you like 3 and have a ps3 or ps4 Persona 5 is finally coming out in the next month or so? I forget when exactly...

Offline scpru

• Veteran
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2017, 03:51:59 PM »
Horizon: Zero Dawn 'cause I'm a basic, AAA title bitch.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »
I am still playing Metal Gear Solid V.  I am in the second half of the game.  I hope it ends on a high note.  It is a great game.  I can kind of understand how people don't finish it though.  You can only extract the same highly skilled soldiers/prisoners/etc over and over until you are ready to do something completely different.  The gameplay continues to force me to play it though for some reason.  I have to know how it ends too because this is probably Metal Gear's swan song.   :cry: :cry:  #fuckKonami

My only other real complaint other than extracting people over and over is that I am waiting for those Metal Gear Solid 4 like moments.  I have been told though that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Metal Gear game for Metal Gear fans.

Also, I recently bought Resident Evil 6 mainly for the co-op.  I want to play this with my non-gaming girlfriend.  I haven't had a chance to put it in my machine though.  What are your opinions?

Finally I have been eyeballing World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.  I would welcome your opinions on these games.

As someone who is a really big RE fan. Resident evil 6, is the only RE title that I have played, and not finished. It just didn't feel like a RE game.

Resident evil 7 is amazing. I'm not usually one who scares super easily, but RE7 freaks me the hell out. It's not co-op however.

Yes, I'd say it is quite different. I'd say RE7 is more like Silent Hill than RE5.

Personally, I love RE5 just as much as RE7, they just take different approaches.

RE7 creeps the bejeezus out of you. There's limited ammo, not a large array of weapons and

RE5 was more action orientated and hit the sweet spot of still being a survival horror game, without getting into the unholy grail (RE6) territory. To me, the co-op system made it the most enjoyable RE game in the franchise.

RE 5 was in no way, shape or form a survival horror game. Almost every reviewer has said that it is simply an action shooter with a few jump scares. While I do agree that RE6 was complete garbage, 5 was just as bad at times. RE4 was a great step into the action horror genre but they should have went back into survival horror and not action shooters.
RE7 was by far a breathe of fresh air but unfortunately was too short considering that one of the trophies to platinum it (I beat it in 2hours 53 min) was a run of under 4 hours.

On my side of the country, I am constantly trying to reach level  750 in Nioh. Game is awesome and constantly the focus of my gaming!

I'd have to disagree.
RE5 had wonderful gameplay, the co-op element was totally new and made it one of the best in the franchise, IMO. You're mistaken if you think it's not a survival horror game because it's too action based. Play Parasite Eve 2, widely regarded as one of the finest survival horror games of all time (best in my book); it's a freaking masterpiece, but definitely not your bone chilling Silent Hill 2esque survival horror, PE2 relies heavily on action.

Offline chrisinkorea2011

• Veteran
« Reply #327 on: April 04, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »

I'd have to disagree.
RE5 had wonderful gameplay, the co-op element was totally new and made it one of the best in the franchise, IMO. You're mistaken if you think it's not a survival horror game because it's too action based. Play Parasite Eve 2, widely regarded as one of the finest survival horror games of all time (best in my book); it's a freaking masterpiece, but definitely not your bone chilling Silent Hill 2esque survival horror, PE2 relies heavily on action.

I have a huge assortment of horror games and have been playing them for quite a long time from D (a beautiful game especially for its time) to modern scare tactic games such as "Emily wants to play"  as well as owning quite a few of the horror games released for multiple systems. PE 2 was a great game but again dont know where you are getting your information from but "widely regarded as one of the finest survival horror games" is quite a stretch, especially considering the scores it got from many different gaming sites. Versus the first one, it pales in comparison.

In regards to RE5, its been touted as a TPS/action shooter by more than one source. Hell, even those who gave it good grades stated that its a departure from the true survival horror that was RE 1,2,3. Anyways, im not going to continue defending this when you can simply look at the numerous reviews (both positive and negative) that for the most part labeled it as TPS, etc.

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #328 on: April 04, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »
I'm playing the Legend of Zelda. I'm on the 8th dungeon now.

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #329 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »
Power and Revolution: Geo-political Simulator 4. Great game!

Offline 02sanupp

• Veteran
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »
BF1 Premium, New game mode, new weapons, renewed interest  ;D

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2017, 01:22:55 PM »
Mostly back to league again, as this crap always tends to happen. Also still playing For Honor, but my playtime has gone down the drain. Lastly I'll play a few games on King of the Kill (H1Z1) here and there. Really considering getting PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, but don't feel like dropping the dough just yet. It is early access after all. I think going on a binge buying session during the last winter sale was a mistake. I have too many games and not enough time to play them all, including BF1, CIV6, Dying Light, and a bunch of other smaller titles.

INSIDE was a great atmospheric platformer btw if anyone else enjoys those types of games. Ori and the Blind Forest will always be one of my favorites though.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

YoungMin

« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
Got pro evo 2017 for 8 quid from UK ps store last week. Actually taking the time to learn the buttons and moves so doing the training and it looks really good.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
Anyone here happen to play Marvel Future Fight (or let it do it's thing on auto mode)? My alliance needs more people who play fairly consistently D:

Also on the FF discussion: There are half a billion games, but you don't need to start anywhere in particular. Most games are stand alone other than X-1, XII-2, XIII-2 and XIII Lightning returns. Otherwise start anywhere other than FF Mystic Quest. Please ignore that game entirely. Mid series is probably the best for most people (granted 10 is my fav minus Tidus) and if you dig the music, check out The Black Mages. They do nifty rock versions of the songs. The guy who did most of the music for the games is in that band too.

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2017, 01:40:43 PM »
Anyone here happen to play Marvel Future Fight (or let it do it's thing on auto mode)? My alliance needs more people who play fairly consistently D:

Also on the FF discussion: There are half a billion games, but you don't need to start anywhere in particular. Most games are stand alone other than X-1, XII-2, XIII-2 and XIII Lightning returns. Otherwise start anywhere other than FF Mystic Quest. Please ignore that game entirely. Mid series is probably the best for most people (granted 10 is my fav minus Tidus) and if you dig the music, check out The Black Mages. They do nifty rock versions of the songs. The guy who did most of the music for the games is in that band too.

I think you mean X-2 :P
Just finished FF15 - it was pretty good. It was probably my 5th favourite FF title. 7>8>5>6>15.

I just got the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind divided. Finished the 1st 2, and am nearing the end of a criminal past. Criminal past is really great, and very challenging.
Will be playing dead rising 3 or one of the new zombie survival games afterwards (can't remember the name of the game that I bought :P )

Offline rhchris1

• Veteran
« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
Since I have my Switch now, I've been playing Breath of the Wild.  It's reeeeeeally fun. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »

Just finished FF15 - it was pretty good. It was probably my 5th favourite FF title. 7>8>5>6>15.

I just got the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind divided. Finished the 1st 2, and am nearing the end of a criminal past. Criminal past is really great, and very challenging.
Will be playing dead rising 3 or one of the new zombie survival games afterwards (can't remember the name of the game that I bought :P )

Lol I most definitely did mean X-2. Guh I haven't finished 15 yet. I put like 50 hours on it in the first week I got it, I'm at the end where it's even more open and I decided to waste time on side quests and getting all those special weapon thinggies but then I lost interest and haven't touched it since. I do that with so many games.... Before I came to Korea I counted about 40 games I never finished and I've acquired at least 10 more unfinished games since then. I just keep playing Disgaea 4 and Dragon Age over and over instead of playing anything new...

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »

Lol I most definitely did mean X-2. Guh I haven't finished 15 yet. I put like 50 hours on it in the first week I got it, I'm at the end where it's even more open and I decided to waste time on side quests and getting all those special weapon thinggies but then I lost interest and haven't touched it since. I do that with so many games.... Before I came to Korea I counted about 40 games I never finished and I've acquired at least 10 more unfinished games since then. I just keep playing Disgaea 4 and Dragon Age over and over instead of playing anything new...

You can always finsih FF15 and then go back to the side quests, just to see the ending. I won't spoil anything about the story for you, but after you beat the final boss, it allows you to save and go back to the point where the world is really open to you.

I finish most games I play. The only games I haven't are: watch dogs 2 - I'm still near the beginning, and tales of Xillia - I'm near the end, but CBF'd finishing it haha.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »

Hahahah! Mystic Quest! Hahahahaha

That reminds me of a "Final Fantasy" but not really series.  Though I did play one (FF Legends III, I think?) and it wasn't too bad. 

I have so many games on backlog.  I've a bad habit of returning to certain games I've already finished since I like them so much.  (I could play games like Lunar SSS and Lunar 2 EB all the ding dang time)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
The Last of Us Remastered (missed it on PS3 first time around) - only 20 bucks on the US PSN store.

and Nier: Automata. absolutely amazing game.