February 16, 2019, 09:34:48 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58996 times)

Offline epikjack

• Explorer
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2016, 02:46:24 PM »
I went out this weekend and impulse bought a 1 TB xbox one against my better judgement but I've been missing my xbox360 from home so I figured what the hell.  I'm never going to leave my apartment now.  Starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider which is awesome by the way and then i'm going straight to Witcher 3.  I can't wait!

You've gone a good few months ahead with Witcher 3. Say goodbye to your friends.

I beat it yesterday. :( I can still go back and scoop up a few side quests I think though.

A good one month?

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
I went out this weekend and impulse bought a 1 TB xbox one against my better judgement but I've been missing my xbox360 from home so I figured what the hell.  I'm never going to leave my apartment now.  Starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider which is awesome by the way and then i'm going straight to Witcher 3.  I can't wait!

What are online servers like for online multiplayer games such as battlefield 1?

I hear that they are terribly slow and that its hard to find full teams on the servers here.

I am highly debating buying an Xbox 1 but don't know if its worth it or not.

Depends entirely upon the game. Battlefield is fine. You can just go into manual server selection and jump in a full game no problem 99% of the time. GoW4 works awesome too.

As did Overwatch, Halo 5 etc.

The one's you need to be careful of are those with a small user base to begin with because it will be even smaller here. Titanfall 2 is the prime example. Bought it, played it for a week, dropped it for something else, came back and there's no one playing.

Star Wars Battlefront was the same.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
Word. I have a few Atlus games for PS1, glad I picked them up at reasonable cost when I was able.

My favourite game of all time is Persona 3 Portable (basically the same as P3FES, but on the PSP and with controllable party members and a Female main character option, and no animated cutscenes). I have almost every Atlus SMT series game.

I really need to jump into the SMT series. I have the two that were released in NA for PS1 but haven't played them yet. I've heard they can be quite time consuming so the time commitment feels a bit daunting.

I think the Persona games are great but I think they need a bigger budget.  I tried playing through all of I think it was Persona 3.  It was the Persona game where you summon your personas by shooting yourself in the head.  I put about 45 hours into the game and then just stopped playing it for some reason.  I didn't pick up the sequel because I heard they removed the put a gun to your head to summon the persona.  That was the coolest part of the game.

Offline fezmond

• Adventurer
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2016, 10:12:46 PM »
Kerbal Space Program. Great fun, though can be infuriating when you fail at the last hurdle or get a Kerbal stranded on some other planet with no way to return home.

Papers Please. Can also be infuriating when you miss a tiny detail and you get fined but a really good game.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »
Ugh. I'm still playing the same game I was the last time I posted here a month ago: The Witcher 1. It's not exactly grabbing me, though it did pick up a whole lot after chapter 2. Chapter 3 took a fifth of the time and was 10x more entertaining (seriously, chapter 2 took me 20-25 hours and was a bloody mess of busted scripting and never knowing where to go. It's like CDPR was learning to make games as they made this one.)

I've been too busy to play games much, and I just bought four more dirt cheap. Steam fall sale is on in case anyone didn't know. I picked up Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition, Enter the Gungeon, Bastion and Skyrim Legendary or bundle or whatever they're calling it now for 5만원 total. I imagine my time with Skyrim will be better than it was when I played it at release on my PS3. What a bloody mess that was. And I didn't get half the problems I'd heard about and still spent 100+ hours with it. (My save files were close to 20Mb apiece near the end.)

Offline jcrplyler

• Explorer
  • Bleh.
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »
Word. I have a few Atlus games for PS1, glad I picked them up at reasonable cost when I was able.

My favourite game of all time is Persona 3 Portable (basically the same as P3FES, but on the PSP and with controllable party members and a Female main character option, and no animated cutscenes). I have almost every Atlus SMT series game.

I really need to jump into the SMT series. I have the two that were released in NA for PS1 but haven't played them yet. I've heard they can be quite time consuming so the time commitment feels a bit daunting.

I think the Persona games are great but I think they need a bigger budget.  I tried playing through all of I think it was Persona 3.  It was the Persona game where you summon your personas by shooting yourself in the head.  I put about 45 hours into the game and then just stopped playing it for some reason.  I didn't pick up the sequel because I heard they removed the put a gun to your head to summon the persona.  That was the coolest part of the game.

While a bigger budget could certainly benefit any game, I think the issue with Persona titles (specifically P3) is that they require a lot of investment into the menial bits of the game which aren't immediately appealing. It took me 88 hours to beat P3 and about 60 hours to beat P4. Probably 70% of that time was spent grinding, running errands, managing stats, etc.

I complained the entire time while doing so, but I was so determined to beat them that I just kept going. After awhile, I actually found the grind to be quite relaxing, and the payoff at the end of each game is remarkably rewarding.

But don't play Persona 1. It doesn't hold up. At all.
No damn cat. No damn cradle.

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
Overwatch - usually a few games a night

WoW: Legion - but am playing a bit less, as the guild I'm in has already fallen apart. :(

Pokemon Sun / Moon - Am playing sun currently, but I have both, and moon will be my main game once I get to it. :D

Offline jcrplyler

• Explorer
  • Bleh.
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles, a bit of Overwatch, and I'm looking to get Pokemon Moon if I can find a shop to buy a 3DS and the game itself.

Of course, I'm dropping everything once FFXV comes out next week. Been waiting for that game for too long.

YoungMin

« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
PS4: GTA V and Rory Mcilroy PGA tour. Going to buy need for speed this weekend though cos they're giving it away in the black friday sale. Anyone plays any of those games, give me a holler and we'll have some banter.

On the PC: Cities Skylines. Absolutely brilliant and addictive game. Football manager 2016 (2017 for Christmas)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:19:28 AM by AgentMichaelScarn »

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2016, 09:09:20 AM »
Planet Coaster, absolutely brilliant game. If you love the tycoon games, this is what you're looking for.
The only downside is the 40 bucks price tag, completely worth it though, and it's resource heavy.

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles, a bit of Overwatch, and I'm looking to get Pokemon Moon if I can find a shop to buy a 3DS and the game itself.

Of course, I'm dropping everything once FFXV comes out next week. Been waiting for that game for too long.

Too bad you just missed the black Friday sales in the US for the new 3DS. I was able to get one on Amazon but they are pretty much sold out everywhere now.

Offline jcrplyler

• Explorer
  • Bleh.
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2016, 10:10:05 AM »

Too bad you just missed the black Friday sales in the US for the new 3DS. I was able to get one on Amazon but they are pretty much sold out everywhere now.

Yeah, I would've loved to collect on that deal. I'll probably just snag one of the Pokemon Moon Edition New 3DSs off of G-market at this rate. Translating everything from 한글 will probably be a good exercise to improve my Korean xD

Offline stevebarker

• Adventurer
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »
got a 360 controller and had another go at Dark Souls. Couldn't for the life of me beat big Ornstein, so went the "easy" route and killed him first  :-[

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »
got a 360 controller and had another go at Dark Souls. Couldn't for the life of me beat big Ornstein, so went the "easy" route and killed him first  :-[

Never played Dark Souls, how easy is "easy" mode (if there is one)? I'm a filthy casual, I don't feel like throwing my controller at the TV out of rage from attempting to kill the very first enemy dozens of times, but the story seems like it might be good.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »

Never played Dark Souls, how easy is "easy" mode (if there is one)? I'm a filthy casual, I don't feel like throwing my controller at the TV out of rage from attempting to kill the very first enemy dozens of times, but the story seems like it might be good.

There is no "easy" mode, but the difficulty in Souls games is often overstated. They're not really hard so much as require patience. Once you accept that you're going to die often, and occasionally lose a whole lot of souls, you'll have a much easier time of it than when you're trying to play it like some other third person action game.

The stories are great, but are mostly tangential to the game itself. You won't even notice a story unless you go digging really deep. All the cool stuff you read about the story online has been gleaned by a dedicated community of obsessives who have read all the item descriptions and painstakingly went through every environment looking for tiny, subtle clues. Whether you get anything out of it or not depends on what you put into it.

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »

There is no "easy" mode, but the difficulty in Souls games is often overstated. They're not really hard so much as require patience. Once you accept that you're going to die often, and occasionally lose a whole lot of souls, you'll have a much easier time of it than when you're trying to play it like some other third person action game.

The stories are great, but are mostly tangential to the game itself. You won't even notice a story unless you go digging really deep. All the cool stuff you read about the story online has been gleaned by a dedicated community of obsessives who have read all the item descriptions and painstakingly went through every environment looking for tiny, subtle clues. Whether you get anything out of it or not depends on what you put into it.

To paraphrase a quote from Life of Pi, "In the end, the whole of Dark Souls becomes an act of letting go, but what hurts the most is not taking the time to kill that guy."

I've played both the first (PTD edition) and second (SOTFS) but haven't made it to the third yet. In both games, rarely did I ever feel cheated. I died a lot, but it was usually deserving based on stupid, impatient, or panicked choices. It can be a hard game though if you go into it blind (especially the first one) because a few things are unclear (perhaps intentionally).

Offline jcrplyler

• Explorer
  • Bleh.
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2016, 12:11:12 PM »

To reiterate Lurch's point, Dark Souls' difficulty is a bit of an illusion. It is quite hard, but that's just because the game is strict. If you get impatient, reckless or just don't pay attention, the game will punish you. But once you get an understanding of how things work, THEN dealing with the game's encounters becomes quite manageable -- still difficult, but completely doable.

Further, saying it has a good story would be misleading. The world itself is rich, and spending hours consuming lore videos online is one of my favorite pastimes. But, once again, there is no apparent narrative while playing. The cut-scenes are mostly just situational showcases, not anything plot-centered or dramatic necessarily.

But, by all means, pick up a copy if you're interested. Really good game. I'm envious of those who have the opportunity to play through and beat it for the first time; I wish I could relive that experience.

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »
Finished the XCOM 2 campaign last night on the One. Looking for something else to play now. Downloaded Sleeping dogs for free with Gold Membership, will see if that's any good or not.

Offline chrisinkorea2011

• Veteran
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2016, 09:44:12 AM »
Resident evil 7 demo, trying to get the secret ending. (supposed to exist so I am trying every avenue)

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
Finished the XCOM 2 campaign last night on the One. Looking for something else to play now. Downloaded Sleeping dogs for free with Gold Membership, will see if that's any good or not.

I personally really like Sleeping Dogs. It's just an all around solid play, and its rendition of Hong Kong is really fun to explore. It doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but it doesn't do too much wrong either. Story isn't too bad as well.

For me, I'm playing through Final Fantasy XV. I waited so long for this game to come out.