February 16, 2019, 09:43:15 AM

Author Topic: What video games are you playing right now?  (Read 58998 times)

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »
How's that Civ VI?

It's sucked a fair bit out of my time over the weekend. For the other poster who worried about it being another Beyond Earth - don't. It's a lot more solid.

There's a bit of a learning curve involved - especially if you've been playing Civ games for a long period of time.

The only real criticism I have of the game is that at times the amount of activity and info on your map can be overwhelming. It's even busier than Civ V.

But other than that, it's amazing - and I can't wait for modding to start.

If you're on the fence, I'd say hang on and wait - watch a couple of other people's gaming sessions. Civ has always been a day 1 buy for me though.

Gahhhhh.. how I want this game, but I just spent a stupid amount of money on a new computer, and bought Battlerite (allbeit cheaper than Civ VI), throw in the $15 a month for WoW and it's hard to justify spending another $60 on Civ VI right now. I've been playing since Civ III, and the series never gets old.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »
I went out this weekend and impulse bought a 1 TB xbox one against my better judgement but I've been missing my xbox360 from home so I figured what the hell.  I'm never going to leave my apartment now.  Starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider which is awesome by the way and then i'm going straight to Witcher 3.  I can't wait!

Offline Jaydonv

• Waygookin
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »
How's that Civ VI?

It's sucked a fair bit out of my time over the weekend. For the other poster who worried about it being another Beyond Earth - don't. It's a lot more solid.

There's a bit of a learning curve involved - especially if you've been playing Civ games for a long period of time.

The only real criticism I have of the game is that at times the amount of activity and info on your map can be overwhelming. It's even busier than Civ V.

If you're on the fence, I'd say hang on and wait - watch a couple of other people's gaming sessions. Civ has always been a day 1 buy for me though.

Gahhhhh.. how I want this game, but I just spent a stupid amount of money on a new computer, and bought Battlerite (allbeit cheaper than Civ VI), throw in the $15 a month for WoW and it's hard to justify spending another $60 on Civ VI right now. I've been playing since Civ III, and the series never gets old.

The price made me do a double-take too, and I was determined to wait for a sale. But I just couldn't - I've played the Civ series since the first game, and since I had a stable job it's always been a Day 1 buy for me.

Same's true of most Firaxis games, tbh. But I figure it's fair to wait. I ended up taking advantage of the 20% pre-order discount that was available on Green Man Gaming - brought the asking price down to $47 or thereabouts.

Offline epikjack

• Explorer
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
I went out this weekend and impulse bought a 1 TB xbox one against my better judgement but I've been missing my xbox360 from home so I figured what the hell.  I'm never going to leave my apartment now.  Starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider which is awesome by the way and then i'm going straight to Witcher 3.  I can't wait!

You've gone a good few months ahead with Witcher 3. Say goodbye to your friends.

Offline Kwai_Chang_Kain

• Veteran
  • "I've got the best prices, and the best hardware"
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
How's that Civ VI?

The price made me do a double-take too, and I was determined to wait for a sale. But I just couldn't - I've played the Civ series since the first game, and since I had a stable job it's always been a Day 1 buy for me.

Same's true of most Firaxis games, tbh. But I figure it's fair to wait. I ended up taking advantage of the 20% pre-order discount that was available on Green Man Gaming - brought the asking price down to $47 or thereabouts.

For those who got Civ 6 from greenmangaming.com, has anyone had any issues activating the game code on Steam? I'm feeling a little paranoid with the region restriction warning in place saying that your GMG account & Steam account need to have matching account registration details.

I only recently made both accounts (Steam & GMG) while here in Korea but entered my Canadian address both times. I wasn't much of a PC gamer back home so I'm still kinda new to this.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:41:27 AM by Kwai_Chang_Kain »
"Have you seen what the sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »
Sleeping dogs now :)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »

You've gone a good few months ahead with Witcher 3. Say goodbye to your friends.

I beat it yesterday. :( I can still go back and scoop up a few side quests I think though.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
I've started in on Civ 6 now. The district change was an interesting change. I spent a good chunk of my first game trying to figure out why I couldn't build a library after researching writing.

If Beyond Earth was just a poorly made Civ 5 in space, Civ 6 is a legitimate successor. I enjoy it when I have a couple hours set aside at once (rare). But if you have other games and are content with Civ 5 or another iteration I think waiting would be okay, too.

Offline DeaneJames

• Adventurer
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
My overwatch addiction is waning and I've been making a return to my Indie favorite Don't Starve. Still playing Europa Universalis regularly and my latest addiction is Alienation on PS4.

Offline 02sanupp

• Veteran
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »

I was a bit disappointed with Rise of the Tomb Raider! I found it a tad boring....in saying that, I did just buy Battlefield 1 and Skyrim remastered for Xbox One so I guess they took over!

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »
Sleeping dogs now :)
Great game. Too bad the sequel has never eventuated.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
I was playing FFX but set it down for quite some time. I dunno, I just had a hard time feeling invested in it. I think I was near the end though, so I'll finish it sometime. Thinking on what to play next...

Some Don't Starve is always good.

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
I'd like to play the new worms game on xbox one  ;D

I've started in on Civ 6 now. The district change was an interesting change. I spent a good chunk of my first game trying to figure out why I couldn't build a library after researching writing.

If Beyond Earth was just a poorly made Civ 5 in space, Civ 6 is a legitimate successor. I enjoy it when I have a couple hours set aside at once (rare). But if you have other games and are content with Civ 5 or another iteration I think waiting would be okay, too.

How demanding is the game on the hardware? I'd like to play civ 6, but I'm not sure if my laptop can handle it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:54:53 PM by devsterl »

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:19 PM »
I just popped Dragon's Crown into my PS3 for the first time the other night.  The gameplay is good not great but the art style is what keeps bringing me back.  Playing this game is like playing a portrait in an art museum.  Looking at still images and screenshots doesn't do it justice.  You have to just buy the game and see it for yourself. 

It is put up by Atlus too.  As some of you may know, as the times goes by Atlus games are harder to find because Atlus doesn't print a lot of their games in mass quantities.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2016, 01:07:53 PM »
Word. I have a few Atlus games for PS1, glad I picked them up at reasonable cost when I was able.

Offline trotsky

• Adventurer
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

Borders 2 and Borderlands pre-sequel
Portal

I'm going to hold fire on Civ VI, I can't justify spending 50 quid on a computer game.

Borders 2 is amazing, great if you have 3 friends who will play with you. It doesn't have the same feeling when played alone unfortunately.

Portal...lucky you...one of the best games ever. Portal 2 is even better ! :D

I've recently finished the main story in Borderlands and just started on the DLC, I'm currently on the zombie one. Unfortunately I'll likely do Borderlands 2 solo, so I'll take a mini break between Borderlands and Borderlands 2.

I've recently started up a game called Transistor, it's a pretty cool little game. Its art style is great. I've not had any problems with the difficulty but I'm still finding my feet as the game has no tutorial for its unique combat system.

I'm thinking of getting Dishonoured in the current sale? Do the folks who've played it recommend getting the DLC? I'm thinking of only buying the base game.

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2016, 01:59:58 PM »

I was a bit disappointed with Rise of the Tomb Raider! I found it a tad boring....in saying that, I did just buy Battlefield 1 and Skyrim remastered for Xbox One so I guess they took over!

I enjoyed it but, when I got to the end, it left me kind of unsatisfied.  I found myself just clicking through all the cut scenes.  Games nowadays are spending a lot of time trying to deliver a cinematic experience and it bores me.  If I wanted that, I would watch a movie.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
Word. I have a few Atlus games for PS1, glad I picked them up at reasonable cost when I was able.

My favourite game of all time is Persona 3 Portable (basically the same as P3FES, but on the PSP and with controllable party members and a Female main character option, and no animated cutscenes). I have almost every Atlus SMT series game.

I really need to jump into the SMT series. I have the two that were released in NA for PS1 but haven't played them yet. I've heard they can be quite time consuming so the time commitment feels a bit daunting.

Offline SuperSaiyanSensei

• Adventurer
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »

What are online servers like for online multiplayer games such as battlefield 1?

I hear that they are terribly slow and that its hard to find full teams on the servers here.

I am highly debating buying an Xbox 1 but don't know if its worth it or not.

Offline 02sanupp

• Veteran
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »

What are online servers like for online multiplayer games such as battlefield 1?

I hear that they are terribly slow and that its hard to find full teams on the servers here.

I am highly debating buying an Xbox 1 but don't know if its worth it or not.

I've actually been quite surprised, I'm connecting to games far faster than my friends back home. Although, my location settings for my Xbox do say that I'm back home and not in Korea.

I'd say buy one, you can always sell it to a foreigner new to Korea who might be interested.