July 16, 2018, 10:45:00 PM

Author Topic: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - 9. Can I Speak to Jinu, Please?  (Read 33546 times)

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - 9. Can I Speak to Jinu, Please?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
Here are some materials I have made or adapted:
Practice - vocab review and dialogue practice, with good gifs and ending with a "last man standing" I apapted from someone upthread. REMOVED
Two stories to take take turns reading aloud, one with K-pop stars, the other with Avengers characters. REMOVED
A warm-up with scrambled words and sentences on a cellphone theme. REMOVED
Sentence relay game, post "word cloud" pics at stations around the room. REMOVED
A review quiz game with a Kakao Talk theme. REMOVED
A "text lingo" presentation, students try to decipher song lyrics written with texting abbreviations, then hear a section of the song.  This is really really fun. REMOVED
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:09:34 AM by Mr C »

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
Mr C your text lingo is fantastic. I have designed a whole after school double lesson around the concept. Thank you!!!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Kaya

• Explorer
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
Thank you for making wonderful tools for teaching!

Offline Monica Shim

• Newgookin
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
 ;D Thanks

Offline nskagg1

• Waygookin
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
Good! thank you.

Offline ejloeck

• Newgookin
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
I adapted a Spongebob Blazing Pens ppt that I found in another thread (sorry, I don't know the original creator!) with the vocabulary for this lesson.

A lot of the vocabulary for this lesson is repetitive, but my students have liked this game in the past and my coteacher wanted to try it. The content turned out okay, so we'll see how it goes in class!

Offline sinwoorim

• Explorer
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2017, 10:12:36 AM »
good thank you!!

Offline joanns

• Adventurer
  • Korea: No Reason, Just Is.
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »
These are the materials I plan to use on part 3 (reading) and part 4 (writing).
I'm sorry, but I don't know who the original creators were.  :cry:
One thing is certain: it's not me!
I really appreciate whoever it was who made these--and that they are SO adaptable!  ;D
Keep up the great work, guys!

Offline solistkim15

• Explorer
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »
GREAT

Offline samsam5

• Newgookin
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »
I mixed up several materials from waygook .org to make it.
Let me share with you.

Offline solistkim15

• Explorer
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 08:03:32 AM »
good :smiley:

Offline Dhazaras

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
Crack the code game.

Print up page 2 for each group.

And maybe change the names, because my name is in two of the code

Offline lelsasser

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:24 PM »
Unlock the Bank game with new gifs (taken from Vine), thanks to the original creator of the template. I didn't mean for it to happen but it just ended up being slightly Twice/BTS-themed, which the kids loved, but maybe too much as I think it distracted them.
Enjoy!
How to play: Basically, go through the first slides as review so they know the symbols. From your 'cheat sheet' (I usually just take a picture of it with my phone), read the sentences off. They need to know the coordinating number and picture to the sentence you read. Then, enter the code after reading off the sentences and unlock the bank!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:18:30 PM by lelsasser »

Offline vicarious

• Veteran
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
Pass the phones warm-up.  Luckily I had two phone toys.  Could be played with two balls too. When the phone rings, the two students holding the phones have a quick conversation.

Read and role-play for the one on page 153.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:49:25 PM by vicarious »

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - Can I speak to Jinu, please? 1 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - Can I speak to Jinu, please? 2 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.