September 25, 2018, 04:40:56 PM

Author Topic: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - Review 2 (Lessons 5-7)  (Read 11707 times)

Offline janet1992

• Super Waygook
Re: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - Review 2 (Lessons 5-7)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi all, my class are a bit behind so we are reviewing lessons 3-6 in this game, before the test we have this week.

This would be a good review test still, hope it helps someone. Oh and it's James Bond themed. Love this template and so do the kids! Thanks to the original poster and creator.

Happy Teaching

Offline JanineRed

• Newgookin
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
Thanks to who made the original game. This is a Ghibli themed game for reviewing lesson 5-7. The kids FREAKING LOVED it!
Just an fyi, click the letter Totoro, and then to get the answer and points PRESS SPACE BAR (the mouse doesn't seem to work for that. I tried to change it but my ppt prowess is non-existent).
Click on the little Totoro in the right-side corner to go back to the start.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:33:48 PM by JanineRed »

Offline Tapioca Cold

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
Thanks, JanineRed  (above). This (Ghibli Game) is a well made game.

Offline JanineRed

• Newgookin
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Thanks, JanineRed  (above). This (Ghibli Game) is a well made game.
I can't take credit for the actual making of the game though, someone else made it (aaargh I can't remember who). I just changed the questions and pics. But thanks! Hope your kids enjoy it!

Offline Yaya

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
Blazing Pens for Lesson 1-7.

Offline builderstea

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
World domination game reviewing lessons 1-7. Made 16 cards per group from the games on pages 74-75 and 126-127.

REVIEW: Ss read then listened to me then I said 3,2,1 and they stood up if it was X. If X, a volunteer said the correct sentence and then we changed roles: I read they said.
What I said is on the description under each slide.

WORLD DOMINATION GAME 30 mins (idea from another poster: thank you!)
Explained slides 20-24. World map slide 70. Cards slide 71.
You need: world maps, small coloured card, set of cards we'd just practised in review, red dice, green dice.

I printed and drew on world maps to group them into 4 parts (N+S America, Europe+Asia, Africa, Australasia) or 3 parts for 3 players (Africa+Australasia together). Also cut up bits of coloured card.
Each player gets 4 little cards of their colour. Each puts a card on their area. Then RPS to decide order. On your go, choose someone to "attack", turn a card and the person you chose reads from the card and you say the starred bit. Then you get the red dice and the person you're attacking gets the green dice. If the red dice beats the green dice then they move their card off an area they own and you move your card on to claim it. They really enjoyed this game!

Pass the ball game in case you have extra time.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
I have two things:

"What does the fox say?" game with mostly fresh pictures. REMOVED

Worksheet--1) find the sentences from the book and write the page #; 2) a "double puzzle" where individuals unscamble words, then use the numbers boxes to fill in the second part, a key sentence; 3) writing a couple of sentences about summer plans. REMOVED

EDIT: there are a couple of errors: "Whose hat is this? Itís Lilyís hat." in the text scavenger hunt should read "Whose hat is this? It is Lilyís hat."

The publishers changed the sentence "Do you like kangaroo steak?" by leaving out "kangaroo" in this year's reprint.  Perhaps there was some protest from kangaroo rights activists?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:24:32 AM by Mr C »

Offline allieauf

• Waygookin
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »
review jeopardy.... focusing on lessons 5, 6, and 7... with a little bit of lessons 1-4

Offline xelainea

• Waygookin
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »
Here is a Review Mario Galaxy Chapters 1-7. I just edited the file to fit the lessons. This was done quick so you should look over the questions to see if you want to change and and make it better. The students really love this game format.

Offline MAA

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 08:14:38 AM »
A million thanks to the OP. My students LOVED this. ;D

I had the students work in a team of 4 and gave them the sentences one at a time. In the group 2 had to look for the sentence while the other 2 had to write the sentences. Perfectly, of course.
Halfway through I changed the writers.

Offline DASA

• Newgookin
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 02:06:38 PM »
Here is a simple textbook search review I made. The students can work in groups if the class is big enough or individually if it is small enough, that is entirely up to you teacher. Instructions are simple, the students have a white board and they have to either write the missing words or a full sentence depending on the question along with the page number. If there is no page number then it is incomplete and points can't be awarded.

You can put your own scoring system in place. I have 5 groups competing and the 1st group with everything correct will get 5 points, 2nd group 4 points, 3rd group 3 points and so on. There are 5 bonus questions in the game which allow the weaker students to catch up in the game. Also for bonus questions there is only one winner.

There is an answer sheet at the end of the ppt for the teacher to print and keep on hand to judge. I hope some of you find this helpful. It is perfect for having a class when the textbook is complete.