November 18, 2018, 01:53:27 PM

Author Topic: Plane Crash, A Terrorist Attack?  (Read 8564 times)

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
Plane Crash, A Terrorist Attack?
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »

If you look at this link which includes a video, the Germanwings plane
that crashed in the French Alps killing 150 passengers (16 high school
students included), was an intentional act made by the co-pilot. The
28-year-old co-pilot literally locked the head pilot out of the cockpit and
hit the button that caused the plane to loose its altitude. The blackbox
included people inside screaming when the plane went down.

Frankly I would still consider this to be a suicidal terrorist attack. That
co-pilot was not even a Muslim but let's not get into any religious labeling,
he committed a terrorist attack because he intentionally made this plane
crash.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/prosecutor-french-alps-plane-crash-intentional-150326115612123.html

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
Re: Plane Crash, A Terrorist Attack?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:45:45 AM »

crash.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/prosecutor-french-alps-plane-crash-intentional-150326115612123.html

Not really quite sure why you even bothered to mention Muslims  in this....you know a terrorist doesn't have to be Muslim right? Anyone can be a terrorist =/.
Open your mind.

Offline albinoninja

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
Uh, no.  You are dumb.

Terrorism is an act intended to create fear for religious, political or ideological reasons.  This was probably just a depressed dude who for some reason either wanted to or just decided to suicide by plane.  Until there is evidence that the copilot had an agenda beyond suicide, there is no way this is a terrorist attack.

This is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on waygook.

Offline akxls2

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »

crash.

You phrased this in a really strange way. Almost like you are trying to incite some religious labeling.

Offline CanineKimchi

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
Uh, no.  You are dumb.

Terrorism is an act intended to create fear for religious, political or ideological reasons.  This was probably just a depressed dude who for some reason either wanted to or just decided to suicide by plane.  Until there is evidence that the copilot had an agenda beyond suicide, there is no way this is a terrorist attack.

Let's not say things we can't take back. There was a thread a few months ago where people were legitimizing tarot card readers.

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:43 AM »
Uh, no.  You are dumb.

Let's not say things we can't take back. There was a thread a few months ago where people were legitimizing tarot card readers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I remember that. Thanks for bringing up good memories.
Open your mind.

Offline albinoninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
Ha ha.  I said one of.  Not the.  I stand by it.

Offline country09

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
Uh, no.  You are dumb.

What was the thread titled? I want to read that
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:59:00 AM by country09 »

Offline Archeon

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
Uh, no.  You are dumb.

To be fair he said, "one of the" 

So... you know...

But yea... unless he had some kind of agenda... not terrorism. 
I will tolerate your existence only so far as it doesn't infringe on science.

Offline aklimkewicz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:16 AM »
I suspected this post would be from Waygook's resident conspiracy theorist when I clicked on the thread title. Wasn't disappointed.

Here is the tarot card thread: http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=80245.0
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
I call it mass murder/terrorism.

If he was intent on killing himself, he did not have to take 150 other people with him.

And he was not as irrational as some might think, given he deliberately locked the captain out of the cockpit and re-programmed the auto-pilot.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
It sounds like an act of murder-suicide. School shootings in the US are often acts of murder-suicide. New regulations after 9/11 require cockpit doors to remain locked throughout most of a flight to prevent terrorists from gaining access. Doors can be locked from the inside. In this case, a locked door prevented the pilot from entering.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »
School shootings are also acts of terrorism. Whenever somebody decides to kill a bunch of other people in cold blood in scenarios like that, it is terrorism.

This guy knew exactly how to manipulate the cockpit rules in order to carry out his act. The door was manually locked, and was manually kept locked by the co-pilot as he flew the plane.

The 9-11 attacks are as much terrorism as they are murder-suicide. Let's not give this guy more leeway than he deserves.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
I read that a German journalist claimed that Andreas Lubitz was a recent convert to Islam. However, I don't think that has been confirmed.

Lubitz did suffer from a mental illness which his employer was unaware of.

"DÜSSELDORF, Germany — Andreas Lubitz, the pilot at the controls of the Germanwings jetliner that crashed into the French Alps on Tuesday, had a mental illness but kept the diagnosis hidden from his employer, the authorities said Friday."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/germanwings-crash-andreas-lubitz.html?_r=0

Offline WellNowWhat

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
Terrorism is a defined act. It needs a goal behind the violence.

A crazy person shooting up a school because their dog told them to, an old person driving into a farmers market or a depressed person crashing a plane is not an act of terrorism.

When you start to use it to define every act of violence, it loses all meaning.

If it turns out the co-pilot did it because of some political, religious or ideological agenda, then you can label it terrorism.

Offline SpaceRook

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »
It sounds like an act of murder-suicide. School shootings in the US are often acts of murder-suicide. New regulations after 9/11 require cockpit doors to remain locked throughout most of a flight to prevent terrorists from gaining access. Doors can be locked from the inside. In this case, a locked door prevented the pilot from entering.

In the US, the FAA requires 2 people in the cockpit at all times.  After this disaster, the rest of the world is catching up:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/03/27/395734668/airlines-worldwide-rush-to-adopt-2-person-cockpit-rule

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
We can't say this guy is not a terrorist simply because he has mental issues, or because he doesn't have a political or religious agenda.

The fact remains that the effects of his actions reaches far beyond himself and the people on that plane. Thousands of people have been affected by his actions, including a small town where 16 school children from the same school lost their lives.

An old person deliberately crashing a car into a crowd is terrorism. They did it deliberately.

A crazy guy that decides to shoot up a school, or a movie theatre for whatever reason...is a terrorist. He did it deliberately.

A pilot that decides to crash a plane full of passengers with the intent to kill everybody...is a terrorist...he/she did it deliberately.

If he did it because of political issues - we would call it political terrorism, the same way we would call it religious terrorism had he done it for religious reasons.

Offline WellNowWhat

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »
deliberation isn't the definition of terrorism. The goal is.

A guy kills his wife for insurance money, he did it deliberately but it wasn't terrorism.

A crazy guy shooting up a school deliberately isn't terrorism unless they had a political, religious or ideological goal. Thats what distinguishes terrorism from other acts of violence

an old person driving their car into a farmers market deliberately isn't terrorism unless they had a political, religious or ideological goal. Thats what distinguishes terrorism from other acts of violence

A pilot crashing a plane deliberately isn't terrorism unless they had a political, religious or ideological goal. Thats what distinguishes terrorism from other acts of violence

Words matter, we need to use them properly.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »
Agreed. This is a crazy guy crashing a plane because he was crazy. There was no ideology, religion, political reason. Its not terrorism. If we call this terrorism where do we draw the line?
I'm a psycho. I crash my truck into a crowded side walk because my psycho mind wants to show the world i matter. Its not terrorism. Its a mental illness with awful results.
Since when was deliberation the definition of terrorism.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:11:31 PM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
Why does he need a religious, political or ideological reason before we can class him as a terrorist?

Ever heard of economic terrorism? Nuclear terrorism? Biological terrorism? Ecoterrorism?

One does not need some sort of mantra or guidebook to become a terrorist. The intention of causing mass murder and carnage, and actually carrying out the intention...makes the person a terrorist.