February 16, 2019, 04:00:06 PM

Author Topic: Looking for Hair Loss treatment -Busan  (Read 6049 times)

Offline runnershigh17

• Veteran
Looking for Hair Loss treatment -Busan
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »
Hi

Does anyone have a doctor they have used in the Busan area for male hair loss? English speaking would be preferred but is not necessary. TIA

Offline Cat Zamyatin

• Explorer
Re: Looking for Hair Loss treatment -Busan
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »
http://www.whatclinic.com/hair-loss/south-korea/seoul/forhair-hair-transplant-group-korea

From one bald bastard to another...

Clinics in Seoul, Daegu and Busan.

Or just ask any doctor for a Proscar-prescription.

Offline runnershigh17

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
Thanks! Have you used them before?

Offline Cat Zamyatin

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:10:32 PM »
No. But I'm seriously considering it. I've been on Proscar for over 5 years now-- but if a hair-transplant looks close to 100%-natural, I might just do it.  And it's not that expensive...

Offline drgenderpotato

• Expert Waygook
  • butts
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
It's not in Busan, but it isn't too far- a review for this clinic just popped up on UO and it seems like they do good work with hair loss as well as other aesthetic services: http://ulsanonline.com/Culture/?p=4679

The website says they speak English!
NOTORIOUS D.G.P.

Offline mxm407

• Veteran
"Of the many islands, Japan has got to be one of my favourites."

Offline jinbora0129

• Newgookin
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 01:12:18 PM »
Hello, everyone.
I'm not sure if this conversation is over or not but I just wanted to pop-in and let you know that English language services are provided at Forhair Busan.

I'm not sure of the rules of this community so I won't post any further information on the clinic here but if anyone is interested let me know:)

Offline runnershigh17

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »
Sent you a PM Jinbora0129

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »
No. But I'm seriously considering it. I've been on Proscar for over 5 years now-- but if a hair-transplant looks close to 100%-natural, I might just do it.  And it's not that expensive...

I did one in early 2010 and another in early 2011.  I was balding quite young.  Sucked b@lls, really.  It has changed my appearance dramatically.  That said, Koreans are prob more use to baldness than they were several years ago from what I can tell.  They no longer think you're a 60 year old grandpa and Korean chicks don't despise it like they use to.  They use to really really hate it.  (Though I did still get some action.)

Point is research the clinic well and go to one that only does hair transplants and not a variety of surgeries.  Too cheap and it might be a bad job.  Also, avoid the type where they pluck out the hairs and transplant it in.  It has a high loss rate, maybe 50%.  You have to do the one where they physically cut the skin and hair from the back of your head to get the best results.  IV meds worked well with no pain.  I had a portable IV I kept in my coat pocket for 3 days afterwards and felt fine.  You go back in a week or so to get the stiches removed.  Do it in winter so you can wear the hood of your coat over it and not sweat like crazy.  Sweating will ruin the work while healing.  I walked around Seoul the next day with my coat and hood.  It was January both times. 

I went to the Mojerim clinic in Apgujeong.  I think they have one in Daegu too.  But research the clinics and get a Korean to scan the websites and to make sure they are legit.  A lot of fake plastic surgeons here and be wary of the price.  A regional city might have a good clinic but make darn sure you get it researched and referrals well.  Personally, I just didn't want to chance it.

You will not have a fully thick head of hair.  It will still be thin on top towards the back.  But, it will be thicker towards the front and it will be well enough to change your appearance.  I do get the stares and no complaints from the opposite sex.  Even when I was balding in my 20's, as long as I had some hair towards the front it was ok.  WHen it was mostly gone even with shaving, it did change my appearance a lot. 

Prices are probably more now than then.  I paid 6 million for the first and 5 million for the second.  I also had some hotel fees as I stayed near the clinic for short time afterwards.  Adding it up for both times I went and stayed, prob came to 7 or 800,000 wonish.   

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 06:24:11 PM »
http://www.mojelim.com/english/

They were good when I went.  Don't know 5 years on.  Do your own research.  But there are plenty of clinics in this area. 

Offline Cat Zamyatin

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »
 "Also, avoid the type where they pluck out the hairs and transplant it in.  It has a high loss rate, maybe 50%. You have to do the one where they physically cut the skin and hair from the back of your head to get the best results."

But isn't that the old and dated procedure, where it doesn't look natural at all? A 50% loss rate also sounds too high for the latest transplant-method.

I mean I really hope it's not 50%! I didn't exactly do my research. Your post just rattled me a bit. This new method is supposed to look much more natural. It's the closest thing we have at the moment to a cure...

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams....

Offline vietpham

• Super Waygook
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 05:57:01 AM »
It's time for you to come on home.  Shave your head.   :wink:  But in all seriousness, it's cheaper, you don't need to mess with it in the morning, you'll wear hats more, people actually respect you more than if they can tell that you are trying desperately to hold on to it (I read this in an article not 100 about it.)  Just come on home.   :blank:

Offline jinbora0129

• Newgookin
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »
runnershigh17, I received your PM but I can't reply to you cause I need 5 postings to reply apparently.

If you PM me your email address or a contact number I will get back to you.

Thanks

Offline runnershigh17

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
Replied back with my contact info.

Thanks!

Offline shadab

• Newgookin
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
hair transplant is best way to plant your hair again, i have done my self from Hair Transplant in Karachi