December 13, 2018, 08:40:31 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - 1. I'm from Canada  (Read 47131 times)

Offline Magpie

• Waygookin
Re: 2015 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - 1. I'm from Canada
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »
Using the magic of google and MS Paint I made an interactive map with the countries in the book so the children can point them out on the computer screen or something.

I made it on Kingsoft Presentation, so if you use hancom or something else the formatting and links might be broken for you. Just a heads up.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »
My co-teacher wanted an introduction to the textbook characters, and I wanted to review some classroom vocabulary. 

I managed to do both and added an old unscramble game at the end. REMOVED

You may want to replace the sketch of me with one of your own.

I also made a Last Man Standing game and a Tayo unscramble activity--round 1 is English speaking countries (we added Ireland and Scotland) round 2 is sentences from the lesson.  REMOVED
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:47:35 AM by Mr C »

Offline Hana Kelly

• Newgookin
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »
My intro + dialogue.

Offline sheispeace

• Waygookin
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:45 PM »
I made a simple PowerPoint to use as a review of the key expressions. The first part is to practice countries vs. nationalities. The second part is sentence revisions.  I also included "American Kids Try" and a buzzfeed video about food from around the world.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:59:00 PM by sheispeace »

Offline amcrawford2

• Waygookin
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2017, 01:35:02 PM »
I used Sunshinepostcard's idea but altered the project a little so the students create their own scripts.

The ppt goes through different types of celebrities (singers, actors, athletes) to get them to brainstorm. I kept Song Joong Ki as an example but had each group choose their own celebrity and fill-in the script outline before acting it out. Print the last page of the ppt and give one to each group. This worked out really well in my classes, though I didn't expect so many groups to choose Park Gun Hye as their celebrity...

Offline Dhazaras

• Veteran
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »
Here is a spy game for this lesson. I don't think I saw it posted.

Hopefully won't be too difficult for my fifth graders.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:31:29 PM by Dhazaras »

Offline orla_sdonnelly

• Newgookin
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »

Reply #100 on: February 28, 2017, 09:56:29 AM
Using the magic of google and MS Paint I made an interactive map with the countries in the book so the children can point them out on the computer screen or something.

I made it on Kingsoft Presentation, so if you use hancom or something else the formatting and links might be broken for you. Just a heads up.
* 5-1-1 Countries on a map.pptx (506.63 kB - downloaded 143 times.)

** Ireland is not England.

Online vicarious

• Veteran
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
Worksheet to go along with an introduction powerpoint. It has most of the new key expressions and key vocab of the lesson.  Students can write the meanings in Korean in the blanks.  Also students need to fill in a few English words for the "Look and Listen" parts.

Offline kendrabridgers

• Explorer
Re: NEW (Chunjae Book 2) 5th Grade, Lesson 1 "I'm From Canada."
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2018, 06:36:22 PM »
This is my first upload yay. I hope you all like it.

It is a remake of the game: 4 Pictures, 1 Word. 

I plan to use this as the chapter review game. I am going to write all the countries on the board  in this manner (america    american), (mexican  mexico), etc.

When the students figure out the correct country, they should write the country's name using the key sentences from the chapter and using correct grammar.

So the correct answer would read something like this "Where are you from? I am (I'm) from America."

For the first few rounds, I will score the students hard. So if they don't use capital letters, question marks, or say american they will get no points. This is how I grade them when I play Sleeping Elephants, now even the lower level students know the difference lol.

The game comes with a built in clue on how many letters are in the correct answer but you could easily delete that if you don't want to give them a hint.

Also for Canada, I use the Korean letters: ㄱㄴㄷ because when you pronounce these letters in this order it reads Ca-na-da.

Offline allieauf

• Waygookin
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
ppt with key phrases "Where are you from?" "I'm from ___" with pictures of 2018 olympians from each country. Including the countries from the textbook lesson plus a couple extra

Offline gj148

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »
My ct asked me to make my intro ppt focused on the expressions " I can _______ well" and  "I like ________" . PPT includes three mini introductions from Suga, a dog, and Squirtle (format is as follows: My name is ________. I am from ______. I can ______ well. I like ______). I will be using this for period 4, but can probably also be used for period 5 and maybe even period 6 as review.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AMmfELEIkYQcIQU-zU0zO_6pC8Nee5w3

Offline gj148

• Veteran
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:44:25 PM by gj148 »

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2018, 05:13:35 PM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - I'm from Canada 1 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.

Offline jwilkie

• Adventurer
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2018, 05:14:32 PM »
Complete lesson including lesson plan
Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - I'm from Canada 2 of 2

I've been using the fabulous resources on waygook all year.  I've also been writing lesson plans all year to give to my co-teachers.  So I'm basically just going to upload all my lessons in their entirety for anyone else to use.  I'm sorry, I haven't sourced all the games and slides that I have used.  Some of them I've made myself, of course.  A million thanks to all users who must have spent hours putting together PPT bomb games etc.

Some of my lessons have been hugely successful, others much less so.  Hey, we're working with kids - second-guessing them is a mine field, right?!  They seem particularly to enjoy games with cards or dice.  Running dictations and Sleeping Elephants always go down well. 

I taught two classes per lesson so my posts will be labelled (lesson title) 1 of 2 and (lesson title) 2 of 2.  I haven't edited anything since I used it.  Some of my lessons were over-planned ie there was too much for one class, so they have been carried over to subsequent classes.  Generally things should be pretty clear.  Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything - but I will only be on waygook until 18 September 2018 when my subscription expires.