December 10, 2018, 04:10:12 AM

Author Topic: Korea Consulate (U.S.) E2 Visa Interviews  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Nominstar86

• Adventurer
  • 안녕하세요.
Korea Consulate (U.S.) E2 Visa Interviews
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:59:49 AM »
I am wondering does anyone know if interviews are still being conducted before receiving the visa stamp on the passport? I'm not sure if they have updated this information. I have applied to the Korea Consulate in Chicago and am not sure if a face-to-face interview is mandatory anymore.

I live about two states away from Chicago so it's not as convenient for me to just do a in-person interview so if anyone can answer this question it would help me plan better. Thank you!
"Some folks are wise and some are otherwise."

-Tobias Smollett

Offline LindseyN

• Adventurer
Re: Korea Consulate (U.S.) E2 Visa Interviews
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »
When I got my visa from the Chicago consulate 3 years ago, I did not have to go in for an interview and was told to mail in my information as it would take 3 days to process. This was all contrary to what my recruiter was telling me at the time. Your best option is to just call the consulate directly and ask what you need to do. They are the best people to ask since they are the ones who know exactly what they need.

Offline Nominstar86

• Adventurer
  • 안녕하세요.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:55:44 AM »
Thanks for the information. Many recruiters and schools are saying that there will be an interview for new teachers obtaining the E2 Visa, but I called the Korea Consulate in Chicago last month to question about the requirements of the E2 Visa and they didn't mention any interviews. I'm going to assume there won't be one unless otherwise stated. If there were to be interviews I'm sure they'll contact applicants to conduct one.

-Tobias Smollett

Offline LindseyN

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »
I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to obtaining a visa. Why is it their responsibility to call you if they need an interview? It really is a simple phone call to the consulate. Better to be proactive about it rather than just assume someone else will provide you the information you need instead of getting it yourself. It would be terrible to not be able to get the visa you need because you didn't call.

Offline Nominstar86

• Adventurer
  • 안녕하세요.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:12 AM »
I have been told I would be contacted if an interview is required so I am going to assume no interviews until they actually request for me to schedule one. Either way I'll wait and find out soon.

-Tobias Smollett