February 16, 2019, 03:22:10 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Best Airlines  (Read 9687 times)

Online zola

• The Legend
Re: Best Airlines
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2018, 08:57:33 AM »
Korean Air is fairly shit.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2018, 09:23:17 AM »
American Airlines......

.........not.

Offline lelsasser

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2018, 09:32:25 AM »
Between the two main options for Canada, I would choose Westjet. Last time though I flew with Canada Air, there definitely had been some massive improvements, so I might be willing to fly with them again.
Honestly, people might not like it, but I thought my experience with Korean Air was pretty good. A huge upgrade from Canada Air or Westjet, haha.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »
Between the two main options for Canada, I would choose Westjet. Last time though I flew with Canada Air, there definitely had been some massive improvements, so I might be willing to fly with them again.
Honestly, people might not like it, but I thought my experience with Korean Air was pretty good. A huge upgrade from Canada Air or Westjet, haha.

Air Canada domestic goes through phases, but International is usually good.
WestJet is great for families, but thier schedule isn't suitable for business travel.
Korean Air is great; Asiana is Ok, but limited in flight entertainment.
Air France was very nice, but my opinion might be skewed because I flew first class. (Mid-trip schedule change for work travel).
Lufthansa = Air Canada
Vietnam Airlines (domestic) wasn't memorable one way or another.

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
I was a member of Surf Air for a year actually and while the value for money is amazing (if you can afford it) I had nothing but trouble with them.

The private terminal was little more than a disused go kart factory. The TESLA vehicle was like a timeshare. And when I finally did get a turn it smelled bad because someone had spilled a vinegarette salad dressing in there and hadnt bothered to clean it up. Yes, they have bottle service, but they are never happy to actually give you a drink. It's always begrudgingly. Worst of all, I spotted the pilot at the "private terminal" a few times and the guy had a bowl cut. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I will not be flown by some rube with a bowl cut.

Terribly sorry for your experience, mate. I've had no problem so far, but will keep what you said in mind.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2018, 03:42:20 AM »
Fly on Emirates. I flew with them once to Toronto via Dubai. They are breathtakingly good.

sligo

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
BA all the way, nothing else is ever considered now!

Brexit for all its woes has weakened the pound to the extent that it is a bargain to fly BA.

Direct to UK, so no faffing with stopovers.  They have baby beds, and not just bassinets.  The 787 is made of a polycarbon compound which means that unlike aluminium (which will stretch under pressure thus causing the rivets to buckle) it will not stretch, so the cabin pressure can be higher, and with more moisture.  This means that you don't get the dry throat, hangover feeling when you land. 

The cabin crew are incredibly friendly, and will hangout and chit chat in the galley during the flight.  The food isn't terrible, and the leg room in economy is ample (i am 6'1").

Thai air is good for Asian flights.

AEROFLOT WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!  NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER TRANSFER IN MOSCOW!  ARRIVALS IS LIKE A BREAD RIOT IN THE 80s!

Offline Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
My favorite two have been Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd say Cathay Pacific was slightly better.

Cathay and Hong Kong airlines have the best hostesses.  ;D

Seriously those women from the former colony are hot. Mind of a westerner, body of an Asian.
Catch my drift?

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
BA all the way, nothing else is ever considered now!

Brexit for all its woes has weakened the pound to the extent that it is a bargain to fly BA.

Direct to UK, so no faffing with stopovers.  They have baby beds, and not just bassinets.  The 787 is made of a polycarbon compound which means that unlike aluminium (which will stretch under pressure thus causing the rivets to buckle) it will not stretch, so the cabin pressure can be higher, and with more moisture.  This means that you don't get the dry throat, hangover feeling when you land. 

The cabin crew are incredibly friendly, and will hangout and chit chat in the galley during the flight.  The food isn't terrible, and the leg room in economy is ample (i am 6'1").

AEROFLOT WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!  NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER TRANSFER IN MOSCOW!  ARRIVALS IS LIKE A BREAD RIOT IN THE 80s!

I like how natural the British flight attendants are.  I suppose as a Brit, I'm kind of used to that.  One time, I asked for some wine, and a Scottish flight attendant came over and gave me two small bottles, 'You know, just in case'  :-*  I like the Korean service attitude but it can be a little superficial, so I like how earthy Brits can be.  When my wife was in Boots, she was surprised with the 'You're next darling!  Come on Luv!' greetings from the cashiers. 

Aeroflot is horrible.  When I flew to Korea first, I came with them and there was no in-flight entertainment for the whole flight.  No screens, nothing.  There was one time years ago, I transferred in Sheremetyevo, and I was in a 'transfer' room with a load of other people.  'Give us your passports' So everyone gave them their passports, I mean, what are you going to do?  After about ten minutes everyone was 'They've been a long time with our passports'  'What are we going to do?' Shortly after, they cam back and gave everyone back their passports.  I mean, come on!  Where else would do that?

Aeroflot improved a lot in the last few years. I flew with them in 2010 and it was terrible. Old ass plane with really bad seats and rude attendants.

However, since then they modernized their fleet a lot. Now they operate one of the youngest fleet on the world. That and the price was hard to resist so I gave them a go last winter again. It was an entirely different experience. Brand new planes, comfy chairs, decent food etc. Even the attitude of the flight attendants was much better. Things at moscow could improve but it is way better than it was.
Also, being up north they have the shortest flight times to where I go which is a plus too especially when travelling with children

Offline Aradi

• Newgookin
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »
I like Airbus 320 a lot, thankfully in Europe it is a usual aircraft for carrying people around.  Last time I booked a trip through a local french travel agency and at the airport people from Echarter flights were helping us to check in because some people had problems with luggage and golf equipment as were were going from Paris to Malaga to a local golf club El Condado.