February 22, 2019, 12:48:58 PM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 191273 times)

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
Ha ha. A huge loss of time, but can't complain about the results.

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
What is the auto-pass stuff?

In recent years, it's been that if you failed the mid-term test for level 1-4 once, you automatically move up to the next level after taking the class a second time (you don't even register for the mid-term exam the second time) and if you failed the level 5 test twice, you automatically finished the program after completing the class a third time.

i believe this was still the case as of early may. -might- change in july as i think they're changing around the program.

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
사회통합프로그램(KIIP) 한국사회이해과정 - Level 5 VIDEOS & QUIZ QUESTIONS

In the playlist you'll find all 50 Video Lessons for the Level 5 book. Big thanks to the Ministry of Justice for posting these videos!^^
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfGXmT98-zWlEE_Eu7QAUpw

Offline kimchiexpat

• Newgookin
I have received some information from Gwangju International Center (GIC) regarding upcoming changes in KIIP. Below is as received.

"If you take more than 70hours you donít fail for Level 1~4(You have to take more than 9hours for Level 0)

Level 5,
You need more than 80%(40hours) attendance requirement to pass the KIIP Level 5(until July 16, 2016).

There will be changes for Level 5 and TEST in July 17, 2016.

KINAT: Korean Immigration and Naturalization Aptitude Test)

KIPRAT: Korean Immigration and permanent Residence Aptitude Test)

Until July 16, 2016
KINAT: Course hours: 50. Attendance requirement: 40 hours.

From July 17, 2016
KIPRAT: Course hours:50. Attendance requirement: 35 hours.
KINAT: Basic course: 50 hours + Naturalization course: 20 hours. Attendance requirement: basic course 35 hours + naturlization course 14 hours"

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
But you still have to take tests for levels 1 through 4?

Offline kimchiexpat

• Newgookin

Yes you have to take test for every level. All other policies are unchanged. Like auto-passing after failing a test and re-taking level classes for level 1-4 and auto-passing level 5 after failing test twice and then taking level 5 classes.

Edit: addition and correction
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:56:09 AM by kimchiexpat »

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook

i think the first part refers to having only 70 hours of class instead of the 80 required.

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
KIIP Answer Sheet(OMR) - How to fill it out

Videos on how to fill out your KIIP answer sheet. 6 different languages. English, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodian and Mongolian.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl4RI1pH-8dEfW0uw_Z85AjJGeLHvV4TR

Offline hellobby

• Waygookin
I passed the pre-test to level 3! However, the only class I can take is online 6-8pm. But all 9 spots have already been filled. I've been checking back every day for the past few days hoping more online and offline classes will show up for the evening but none seem to be showing up.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna need to take the class next semester... Is this gonna affect me in any way? Should I let them know or will I need to take the pre-test again?

I can't believe they're only offering one after-work hours class for level 3 in Daegu.... -_-

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
I passed the pre-test to level 3! However, the only class I can take is online 6-8pm. But all 9 spots have already been filled. I've been checking back every day for the past few days hoping more online and offline classes will show up for the evening but none seem to be showing up.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna need to take the class next semester... Is this gonna affect me in any way? Should I let them know or will I need to take the pre-test again?

I can't believe they're only offering one after-work hours class for level 3 in Daegu.... -_-

If I were you I would keep checking. Sometimes they post more classes. You need to check a couple times throughout the day.

If you can't get in. You can try again next semester. It won't affect you in any way and you don't need to take the pre-test again ^^

Offline me2ffc

• Newgookin
I was able to register for a class. However, I want to change to a different class time, but all the spots are now filled. Anyone knows how I can change my class to another location and time?

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
KIIP - Level 5 - VOCABULARY & TEXTBOOKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03rYKM2DXy4

Look in the description box for the free textbooks.

0 ----------- KIIP - Pre-Beginner
Level 1 ----------- KIIP - Beginner 1
Level 2 ----------- KIIP - Beginner 2
Level 3 ----------- KIIP - Intermediate 1
Level 4 ----------- KIIP - Intermediate 2
Level 5 ----------- KIIP - Advanced

*Big thanks to the original posters on memrise.

Offline shostager

• Veteran
Our teacher said we'd have an interview with someone from Immigration this week during class time (level 5). She didn't know anything about the purpose of the interview, or what questions they would ask, although she guessed it'd be things like "How many siblings do you have?"

Anyone with experience on this? What is this interview, really? I thought it was maybe the interview where they see if you have enough points to get the visa, but that seems like it should come after you actually pass the class...

Offline hellobby

• Waygookin

If I were you I would keep checking. Sometimes they post more classes. You need to check a couple times throughout the day.

If you can't get in. You can try again next semester. It won't affect you in any way and you don't need to take the pre-test again ^^

Thanks so much for the info! I've been checking and it seems like I won't be able to join this semester. :( Do you happen to know around when I can sign up for next semester? :)

Offline silver_angel

• Waygookin

Thanks so much for the info! I've been checking and it seems like I won't be able to join this semester. :( Do you happen to know around when I can sign up for next semester? :)

I would make a note of the end date for the current classes. Usually, the new classes are posted either immediately after those classes end, or very close before or after the end date. So just keep an eye out then. Also, sometimes they randomly post new online classes in the middle(but I've noticed that's usually in the fall)

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
This is the certificate for finishing the whole program!^^

KIIP - Level 3,4 & 5 - Vocabulary & Textbooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGdVOzwlMY&index=1&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dFFreuIXth7KnS-xGkBFGf0

KIIP - Level 5 - Practice Test Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEgCpUROBo&index=1&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dGQaE3PFx0VPe7kUrXMU9pS

KIIP - Level 5 - Lesson 1-50 - Quiz Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8vuZRD0M0&index=1&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dHCTJh4ZsY96vIqQH0cTzof
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:22:27 PM by chuckd »

Offline lieueez

• Waygookin
Has anyone taken the Level 3 test in May/June 2016 (중급1)? I've heard they changed the test and that it has become a lot more difficult. I'm preparing for the test, but from what other people said in my class (who failed it the first time) it's pretty hopeless to just study what is in the book.

I don't really understand this, because the Level 2 test (in June 2016) was so easy.  I just studied the book and the test pretty much followed the material in the book.

Offline salkdj1sj

• Waygookin
Our teacher said we'd have an interview with someone from Immigration this week during class time (level 5). She didn't know anything about the purpose of the interview, or what questions they would ask, although she guessed it'd be things like "How many siblings do you have?"

Anyone with experience on this? What is this interview, really? I thought it was maybe the interview where they see if you have enough points to get the visa, but that seems like it should come after you actually pass the class...

Before you go, you fill in a paper in class where you put all your info in and why you're taking the course and whether or not you have questions about immigration. For example you want to change a visa so you can go over the required documents or you want information about acquiring citizenship etc. Even if you don't have any questions, you have to go in order to pass the course. However, it's not a test situation kind of thing, no pass or fail. Just showing up means you're good to go.

I asked a question about changing visa and she took my email address down to get back to me. She never did haha.

Has anyone taken the Level 3 test in May/June 2016 (중급1)? I've heard they changed the test and that it has become a lot more difficult. I'm preparing for the test, but from what other people said in my class (who failed it the first time) it's pretty hopeless to just study what is in the book.

I don't really understand this, because the Level 2 test (in June 2016) was so easy.  I just studied the book and the test pretty much followed the material in the book.

I took the class last year but even then, I felt that the exam didn't follow the book quite well. There was new grammar that we didn't go through in our class and some cultural questions were also pulled out of thin air....

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
I took the online course for level 3 and the test came from the textbook completely. However, the level 4 in person one definitely was pulled out of thin air. Some of it was from level 3 others seemed to be fresh. I honestly think they just have old tests that someone made like 8 years ago or whenever the program started and no one has bothered to update them as they've done new books.

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
A couple of quick questions from myself and some people in my level 3 class.

First, how many hours can you miss without having it held against you? Some people are wondering if they can duck out for a quick vacation. (We have a weekend class.)

And second, where do the test materials come from, and can we get a leg up on the contents? Not the answers -- we just wanna know if there are things we should focus on in particular and things we can put aside.