February 22, 2019, 11:40:45 AM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 191248 times)

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2016, 09:06:12 AM »
classes are up. More are coming out as I refresh (well, one did).

I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2016, 09:08:48 AM »
although typically, they seem to still be "locked" and don't have an apply button.

as for the online, usually you need to get in contact with immigration with evidence/reasons for you needing the online class. I believe before you apply for it, but I could be wrong on that (it may be immediately after pressing apply).
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline JenH

• Explorer
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:09 AM »
I had an online class pop up and I clicked to apply to it and my reason for applying was listed as work because I work in Yongin but I live in Seoul so its complicated... and now my my page page says my deputized class was rejected....

What should I do now?

For the online classes that have popped up on my page (I'm looking at Level 3), it appears that the registration period (신청기간) begins tomorrow and will be open until the 31st of this month. Perhaps your application was rejected because the registration period isn't open yet? Hopefully you can try again tomorrow!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:18:15 AM by JenH »

Offline EditHero

• Adventurer
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2016, 09:21:13 AM »
And I am an idiot who doesn't read closely. Thanks for pointing that out :-)

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »
Oh the "locked" ones are locked because they are up now and viewable (the 22nd, which according to pdf documents I just read was the official start of applications, not like the 20th that was stressed so much during the exam), but they have a different application periods (i.e. from the 23rd on)

Offline SmallBaguette

• Super Waygook
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2016, 10:04:19 AM »
I am seeing classes pop up now. Does anyone have any idea about the weekend classes? I'm only seeing weekday classes at yhe moment (as far as I can tell, I'm going by the start dates which are all Mondays). Thanks! I hope everyone gets the classes that they are looking for.

Offline shostager

• Veteran
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
I'm only seeing online classes...are there different dates to sign up for the in-person ones? I would prefer that, but seeing all these online opportunities pass by and nothing in-person is kinda worrying...

Offline JenH

• Explorer
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »
More and more classes are being added periodically, and it seems like they're posting in the order of: online classes, then in-class on week days, and then in-class on weekends (though weekend classes haven't appeared for me yet). Keep refreshing the page~ hopefully we'll all get the classes we want!

Also, if you click through on the class itself~ you'll be able to see the class schedule (i.e. what days, dates and times classes will be held) :azn:

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
Am I too late to register for the next round of classes? I have been trying to register on the webiste with some prompts I found but it keeps saying that my ARC number doesn't match my name. Please tell me I'm missing something!

Offline SmallBaguette

• Super Waygook
« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
Have you taken the exam already? I would guess that you're too late. Sorry.  :lipsrsealed:

It's worth trying anyway though! Make sure you input your name like on your card: "LASTNAME FIRSTNAME"

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
Have you taken the exam already? I would guess that you're too late. Sorry.  :lipsrsealed:

It's worth trying anyway though! Make sure you input your name like on your card: "LASTNAME FIRSTNAME"

Thanks for the advice, think I've missed the deadline though!

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »
Did anyone in the Jinju area sign up for the class at the MCF center starting today 2/21? I went to the address posted on the website for it and no one showed up at all.

Offline shostager

• Veteran
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2016, 07:44:36 AM »
There might not have been enough students and they cancelled the class. I signed up for a class where I was the only member, and it disappeared from the site without any notification to me. Apparently if there are less than 8 students (may vary by location), they cancel the class.

Or, maybe they changed the location and/or time. Our teacher was half an hour late the first class because she applied to change the time and no one else got the memo.

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2016, 08:21:21 AM »
There might not have been enough students and they cancelled the class. I signed up for a class where I was the only member, and it disappeared from the site without any notification to me. Apparently if there are less than 8 students (may vary by location), they cancel the class.

Or, maybe they changed the location and/or time. Our teacher was half an hour late the first class because she applied to change the time and no one else got the memo.

That's probably what happened :/ I called on Friday to make sure the class would go on and they said yes but there was probably a change even they didn't know about.

Offline F0x

• Newgookin
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:17 PM »
I'm trying now to apply Korean classes in Incheon. After fighting with the nightmare they call web site, finally I registered there and stated I have 0 lvl, so I do not need a pretest.
Then I suppose I have to choose a place and apply classes, so I tried all places they offer, but search over classes in date range 2016/01/01 - 2017/01/01 showed me 0 results...
What did I wrong? Or there are no classes scheduled yet (or it is too late)?
Please help, thank you!

Offline AnonymousMan6

• Explorer
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »
You are a little late or early depending on your point of view. You can sign up for classes in 3-4 months. The exact date is not yet known =/

Offline F0x

• Newgookin
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2016, 07:00:58 PM »
Thank you, so then I'll keep checking available classes time to time. Do you know maybe I can find somewhere announcement about upcoming classes?

Offline AnonymousMan6

• Explorer
« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
Thank you, so then I'll keep checking available classes time to time. Do you know maybe I can find somewhere announcement about upcoming classes?

I think test sign ups might be ready in 2 months. In 3 months my course ends and a month after that the next level starts. So anywhere from 3-4 months from now. Sorry for such a large timeline =X

Offline chocolate.croissant

• Adventurer
« Reply #358 on: March 20, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
Important FYI for those of you who have a valid TOPIK score: it can serve in place of your level test.  For example, if you passed TOPIK level 4, you can go ahead and take level 5 of KIIP.  I just found this out today, so basically that means I took the level test for no reason and am now in a KIIP level 4 class when I could have advanced directly to the last class.  Now it's too late for me to change.  I heard nothing about this when I registered, my teacher blamed it on the website being in Korean but we all know this program is a mess.  When I registered I even input my TOPIK score, but even though they ask your score they apparently don't take it into account; you have to register another way.

I hope this helps someone, I'm pretty pissed that I went through all the trouble of requesting special time off work just to take level 4 when I could have gone directly to level five.

Offline yiting91

• Waygookin
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »
Important FYI for those of you who have a valid TOPIK score: it can serve in place of your level test.  For example, if you passed TOPIK level 4, you can go ahead and take level 5 of KIIP.  I just found this out today, so basically that means I took the level test for no reason and am now in a KIIP level 4 class when I could have advanced directly to the last class.  Now it's too late for me to change.  I heard nothing about this when I registered, my teacher blamed it on the website being in Korean but we all know this program is a mess.  When I registered I even input my TOPIK score, but even though they ask your score they apparently don't take it into account; you have to register another way.

I hope this helps someone, I'm pretty pissed that I went through all the trouble of requesting special time off work just to take level 4 when I could have gone directly to level five.

I have a Level 4 from the TOPIK test - do you know how I can register?